Tn. Outlaws 18u "Gold" Tryouts

Open to anyone that has the desire to play against the best in the country. You have to play against the best to become the best! August 24th, 10:30 a.m. in Columbia. Slated for Pillow Park. If interested, call 931-388-4809 or email me @ Tide12NC@aol.com.

ALL POSITIONS OPEN!

Guest ruby27

I'm confused.....How can you know that you are going to play "gold" if you do not know who you are going to have on your team? Do you have a lot of girls returning from last years team?

1. When you play Gold, some of the better players decide that they want to move up to the next level of play. I already have had players from In. Al., Ga., S.C., La., and Tn. email me about trying out. 3 of these girls are going to play D1 ball this year(2 SEC). Another was Ga. player of the year. 2 more of the girls played Gold ball this summer with other teams. We played against both. One SEC coach has ask me if I would be interested in a couple of her freshmen next season. Now, with the 6 players that I have coming back next year, and with the talent that is in Tn and surrounding states that have contacted me about trying out, it's a no brainer! My 6 played Gold this year and held their own, so adding another 6 quality ball players is no problem.

2. Besides, I made my mind up last fall to play Gold this year (2002), and at that time I had one player. One player that said she would play, and I built a team around her. This year, I'm starting with 6. Quite different then last year.

3. Another thing, I put this team together every year, but it belongs to the girls, and the 6 I have returning wants to play Gold!

4. Set your goals and strive to attain them! WE ARE PLAYING GOLD......

I hope this answers your question!

I NEVER gaurantee any girl anything! If you play the position the best, then you play that position. I prefer girls that can play different positions, that way, they get more playing time!

I have my main pitcher coming back next yearthat pitched great in Gold ball this year and I have already gotten a commitment from one SEC pitcher and another, SEC pitcher, has told me that she is very interested. I have other girls asking to try out that are pitchers. All of them are welcome and will be given every opportunity to show their stuff! Plus, I have a young lady on my team that is a good pitcher that doesn't get to pitch much, because she is too valuable in other positions! (K.T.)

When you play Gold, you want to get the best players available. As I said, all positions are open until they are earned! Nothing is a given. I have 6 returning players and I am looking for 6 players, but not necessarily at a particular position. I need a couple of pitchers (hopefully can play elsewhere) and 4 other players that can play different positions. I carry 12 players unless my pitchers can only pitch then I carry one extra player for that pitcher! If a new girl is better at a position then one of my returning players, then the returning player will have to earn another position.