Millington vs Collierville..Playoff week 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collierville will have to do a much better job stopping the Trojan Running game If they expect to keep the game close. I do not have the stats right in front of me, But If memory serves me correctly The Trojans have averaged over 400 yards rushing vs the Dragons in the their last four meetings.

Go Trojans!!

Tausean Holmes should be 5a Back of the Year!!!

Trojan fans lets not get to cocky, If you ask the kids they will tell you that they look at Collierville as a rival, and that the first game this year was there toughest on the field, all year. Remember emotion and kids is sometimes tricky equation. Let the helmets do the talking.

Trojan fans lets not get to cocky, If you ask the kids they will tell you that they look at Collierville as a rival, and that the first game this year was there toughest on the field, all year. Remember emotion and kids is sometimes tricky equation. Let the helmets do the talking.

You are right. Let the Helmets Do the Talking!!. I was just stating facts though. We have averaged over 400 yards rushing against Collierville for the last four meetings.

You are right. Let the Helmets Do the Talking!!. I was just stating facts though. We have averaged over 400 yards rushing against Collierville for the last four meetings.

Rob, looking at this on paper you are right Millignton should win, but We have palyed Collierville 4 or 5 times the last couple years with pretty much the same result each game. I have to believe Paul and his staff will pull out all stops this time to avoid another defeat. That means scheme changes, trick plays, personel changes or whatever it takes to try to get a win. It scares me a little thinking about the unknown of what collierville will do. I hope Paul will be pridefull enough to stick to his style and play us straight up, then i would feel a little more comfortable about the matchup. Anyway, it should be a good game and i hope Millimgton wins.

Rob, looking at this on paper you are right Millignton should win, but We have palyed Collierville 4 or 5 times the last couple years with pretty much the same result each game. I have to believe Paul and his staff will pull out all stops this time to avoid another defeat. That means scheme changes, trick plays, personel changes or whatever it takes to try to get a win. It scares me a little thinking about the unknown of what collierville will do. I hope Paul will be pridefull enough to stick to his style and play us straight up, then i would feel a little more comfortable about the matchup. Anyway, it should be a good game and i hope Millimgton wins.

I expect Collierville's best shot come Friday as well. Millington definitely cannot afford to give anything less than 110% come Friday Night. The one thing that makes me feel really good about Millington's chances though, Is that we are a much better offensive team now than we were when we played Collierville the first time this year. At that point in the season, We were truly a One Trick pony (Tausean Holmes). Now, we have numerous options on offense (Tyrell Garner, Stanton Brown, Mario Harwell, Rico Jefferson) in addition to Tausean Holmes.

Go Trojans!!

Tausean Holmes for 5A Back of the Year!!

hey i didnt get to make it to the cordova game and if any of yall were there could you fill me in on how our defense and offense did.. (like did cordova key in on holmes? did we pass the ball any..etc..)

Cordova couldn't stop the Run. It was a dominant performance (Statistically) from begining to end. Both Tausean and Tyrell broke the 100 yard mark and scored two touchdowns each. Hank called off the dogs early or the score could have really got ugly. The lone Cordova score came against a bunch of our youngsters in the 2nd half.

Go Trojans!!

Tausean Holmes for 5A Back of the Year!!

hey i didnt get to make it to the cordova game and if any of yall were there could you fill me in on how our defense and offense did.. (like did cordova key in on holmes? did we pass the ball any..etc..)

Millington had a few miscues and the backs missed a few holes and the defense missed a few tackles but the overall performance was solid. not our best of the year but enough to build a 31 pt lead in the 4th qtr. I think Cordova Scored with 6:32 to go in the fourth and we had some subs but they put a good drive together mostly pass to get a cheap one late. They did not really key on Holmes just watching there scheme but we really could have run all night but we mixed in a few passes and had to pass on a couple long yardage situations after penalties. Bragg made some really sharp throws but he has passed well all season even though we don't put it in the air much. I would grade the performance a B+ because of the turnover on special teams and a few other mistakes.

Cam6,

You CAN count on Coach Cox of Collierville sticking to his style. He's a predictable, old school, straight up, smash-mouth-football type Coach.....always has been, always will be!

As an 1980 alumni of Collierville High School, I can tell you this much: Coach Cox landed the job @ CHS way back in my day. He's the same coach now that he was then. He ain't changing....UNFORTUNATELY!

Millington by 3 TDs.

--------------------------------------------

Note: Coach Cox -- Will you please resign... Please. It's long-past time for some new, younger "blood" with some fresh ideas, creativity, enthusiasm & excitement!

Cam6,

You CAN count on Coach Cox of Collierville sticking to his style. He's a predictable, old school, straight up, smash-mouth-football type Coach.....always has been, always will be!

As an 1980 alumni of Collierville High School, I can tell you this much: Coach Cox landed the job @ CHS way back in my day. He's the same coach now that he was then. He ain't changing....UNFORTUNATELY!

Millington by 3 TDs.

--------------------------------------------

Note: Coach Cox -- Will you please resign... Please. It's long-past time for some new, younger "blood" with some fresh ideas, creativity, enthusiasm & excitement!

I couldn't believe last year in the playoffs there was no change in his scheme or plan. I guess that is why i wondered if he would finally make changes this year after the last 4 losses. I hope you are correct and Collierville continues to do what they do.