Mount Juliet vs. Whites Creek

SCBisondad

MJ seems to be cutting out a lot of their costly holding penalties and fumbles on special teams. If MJ continues this they will beat Whites Creek.

If Mt. Juliet can't beat this Whites Creek team then they don't even desire (yes, desire) to be in the playoffs. The only reason Whites Creek made it to the post season was because the got lucky beating Tullahoma 7-6 on a rainy Friday night back in first week of September. In region 5-4A, Tullahoma should have finished in 3rd place and with Lawrence Co. finishing in 4th.

MJpride, if the defense can keep number 9 from catching a bunch of deep passes, then you guys should advance to round 2.# 9 seems to be the only legitimate threat from the Cobras.

With the exception of maybe Beech, other teams haven't beaten MJ. MJ has been beating their selves by what I stated earlier. They start out the first half so far in the hole after costly mistakes only to come up short at the end of the game. A young team that is starting to mesh as one. Go Bears!

If Mt. Juliet can't beat this Whites Creek team then they don't even desire (yes, desire) to be in the playoffs. The only reason Whites Creek made it to the post season was because the got lucky beating Tullahoma 7-6 on a rainy Friday night back in first week of September. In region 5-4A, Tullahoma should have finished in 3rd place and with Lawrence Co. finishing in 4th.

The other team had to play in the same rain. JK. I know Tullahoma is a pass happy team and that it's a lot harder to pass in the rain. Have you heard the ole saying "sometimes its better to be lucky than good." Don't get me wrong when I say this because I love my Bears, and it hurts stating the facts but, this is a rebuilding year for MJ and this region is week this year. MJ offense is better than last years offense but the defense is a lot worse than last year.

The other team had to play in the same rain. JK. I know Tullahoma is a pass happy team and that it's a lot harder to pass in the rain. Have you heard the ole saying "sometimes its better to be lucky than good." Don't get me wrong when I say this because I love my Bears, and it hurts stating the facts but, this is a rebuilding year for MJ and this region is week this year. MJ offense is better than last years offense but the defense is a lot worse than last year.

Mt. Juliet by 17. Too well coached to overlook or underestimate anyone. Sumner Co. says Go Bears!

Mt. Juliet by 17. Too well coached to overlook or underestimate anyone. Sumner Co. says Go Bears!

bison4, I got your e-mail but I have been 2 busy lately to chat. Sorry to hear about the White House game. I watched the App State/Wofford game. That was a shocker. I expected it to be alot closer. Good luck to you and the rest of the Bisons in the playoffs.

MJ lucky to escape with the 2 OT win (23-20) MJ had 12 to 15 penalties called against them. Several holding penalties that really stopped drives which has been the story this year. A fumble inside the red zone (inside the 10) and for some reason our kicking game had a very off night missing a easy FG and extra point. Thank God that their kicker was terrible or MJ would not be playing in the 2nd round. That had to be the worst played win for a MJ team that I can remember. We got lucky to escape with a win but will not be so lucky next week against HHS.

i have watched the kicks in video slo-mo several times, missed blocking assignments--first MJ PAT was partially blocked but still went through, second PAT was blocked by same kid who came through pretty much untouched both times---missed FG was arguably good, I was at that end of the field and it went over the inside part of the upright some may call it good those zebras last night called it no good---TOO MANY PENALTIES CALLED ON BOTH SIDES LAST NIGHT REALLY INTERRUPTED THE FLOW OF THE GAME--LET THE KIDS PLAY!!!!!!!!

I agree with you on the FG. From where I was at I couldn't believe the call. It looked good to me. Still, MJ should have destroyed this team.