Way Too Serious

Wave80

The pressure is very very high. and i agree that a lot more players will be able to play college ball now that jb has made a name for itself. i especially feel bad for the graduating class of 2005. Clay Head is by far the best QB i have EVER played with. and the fact that he didn't get to play college ball really upsets me. if he would have had the same stats he had as a senior and he played when i was a senior i think he would have won Mr. Football over Marco Dailey. over 3000 yards passing and 30 plus TD's is not a number to laugh at. If Aaron Yates would have been a senior when clay was he wouldn't have even gotten a look at for Mr. Football let alone become a finalist. and when some of us come back to coach i really expect a state championship contending team to come out of jo byrns year after year with a couple players out of each class playing college ball. and from there the program will go nowhere but up.

yeah. memphrica isn't ideal. and you do have to have a love for the game to play at this level.

I know that some people will argue with me about this but I'm going to say it anyway. You have to have someone to sell your team especially at the beginning when no one is watching I think that the 2005 team is proof of that. We didn't get any love until we beat Mt. Pleasant. Clay was a great quarterback and I think that he would have been able to walk on like Yates and Reeves have at Peay type school but I think he really had his heart set on UT didn't he? I could be wrong I don't know Clay that well. I agree if we had someone selling our players I think that Clay could have at least been a finalist that year. That is one thing I think that our program needs help with. If you are feeling in the mood for some small town feeling I will tell you that McKenzie plays Manassas in Memphis tonight. Close to the pyramid somewhere. Wear a Jo Byrns hoody and Butchie (we're his second favorite team) and the rebels will make you feel real welcome but for what I hear don't go alone fields in a bad part of town.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that some people will argue with me about this but I'm going to say it anyway. You have to have someone to sell your team especially at the beginning when no one is watching I think that the 2005 team is proof of that. We didn't get any love until we beat Mt. Pleasant. Clay was a great quarterback and I think that he would have been able to walk on like Yates and Reeves have at Peay type school but I think he really had his heart set on UT didn't he? I could be wrong I don't know Clay that well. I agree if we had someone selling our players I think that Clay could have at least been a finalist that year. That is one thing I think that our program needs help with. If you are feeling in the mood for some small town feeling I will tell you that McKenzie plays Manassas in Memphis tonight. Close to the pyramid somewhere. Wear a Jo Byrns hoody and Butchie (we're his second favorite team) and the rebels will make you feel real welcome but for what I hear don't go alone fields in a bad part of town.

yeah. he really did have his heart set on UT. and one reason i love coacht is that there are fans here that really try and sell jo byrns and other small teams. i try and do the same. and i can't go to the game tonight. lol got pre game practice. haha. ill b gettin all the football i want.

yeah. he really did have his heart set on UT. and one reason i love coacht is that there are fans here that really try and sell jo byrns and other small teams. i try and do the same. and i can't go to the game tonight. lol got pre game practice. haha. ill b gettin all the football i want.

Duh, what was I thinking!!!!!!!

"Some people say football is a matter of life and death. I ensure you, it's so much more than that." Greatest football quote ever stated. Football players that REALLY want to play have football in their heart and put football before anything else in their life except for Jesus Christ. So, don't criticise people for loving the game, let them love it.

"Some people say football is a matter of life and death. I ensure you, it's so much more than that." Greatest football quote ever stated. Football players that REALLY want to play have football in their heart and put football before anything else in their life except for Jesus Christ. So, don't criticise people for loving the game, let them love it.

AMEN!!!! Be there to cheer these kids on!!Thats the fun of it! Win or lose everyone has played hard to get where they are! Rmember to tell them all how proud u are of them!

it is all business. to tell the truth college ball really isn't worth it unless you start.

Hang in there! Hope at least it's paying for your education. I know from some information I got at a showcase camp that between academic requirements (which are stricter than for non-athlete students) and practice / game demands you don't have much time to yourself. But hang in there. You never know how or when your great effort may pay off.

Hang in there! Hope at least it's paying for your education. I know from some information I got at a showcase camp that between academic requirements (which are stricter than for non-athlete students) and practice / game demands you don't have much time to yourself. But hang in there. You never know how or when your great effort may pay off.

I wish it was paying for my education. im playing at rhodes, a small d3 private school. where the academics far outweigh any importance that athletics might imply so there aren't any scholarships. so i'm playing because i love the game. and really academics are harder for an athlete, because your coaches and teachers are breathing down your neck all of the time. lol plus a lot of teachers don't like athletes. haha. not fun. but i'm learning a lot and want to apply that knowledge to my high school team one of these days.

I wish it was paying for my education. im playing at rhodes, a small d3 private school. where the academics far outweigh any importance that athletics might imply so there aren't any scholarships. so i'm playing because i love the game. and really academics are harder for an athlete, because your coaches and teachers are breathing down your neck all of the time. lol plus a lot of teachers don't like athletes. haha. not fun. but i'm learning a lot and want to apply that knowledge to my high school team one of these days.

A lot of ex-Rhodes players have gone on to great careers as movers and shakers in their chosen field. You're obviously smart so keep working and I'll probably be working for u one day. (apologies to Georgia Tech for stealing your favorite cheer at Georgia fans and turning it a little.)

High school football is not life or death but you have to make the players believe it is if you want to win a championship. The work you put into a winning highschool football program is like the work you do to make a living. You have to be dedicated every day for the most part. Sometimes you have to even play hurt or sick in order to win. These are my personal experiences and opinion. However, for those programs like a Red Boiling or others on this level, football probably isnt considered life or death. You get what you pay for.