Mitchell vs. Dyersburg

trojanfan007

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked in length today to SOMEONE WHO WAS ON THE FIELD AT.. the Haywood/Mitchell game....Said.."Haywood came out FLAT and with NO EMOTION....Then went on to say..."I DON"T SEE HOW SHEFFIELD BEAT MITCHELL""....."Big and Fast...Have a small back who can fly... a big back who can RUN OVER YOU OR AROUND YOU"...and surprisingly...."THEY DIDN"T THROW THE BALL ALL OVER THE PLACE"....and they have PRETTY GOOD COACHING.....Dyerburg will HAVE their hands full....NEVER COUNT OUT THE BLACK AND GOLD!....GO TROJANS!...

A plus for Dyersburg is that at least one person in the know says the Trojans should be healthier for this game than they have been for several weeks, especialy on the O line. The O line guys who played vs. Sheffield did a nice job. Some kids really stepped in lately and have done a good job. Good to have most everybody ready to go this week.

Mitchell appears to be a better TEAM than last season -- less reliant on one or two super stars and more reliant on multiple weapons.

Let's Go Trojans. Lay some good licks on them, wrap up and everybody needs to stay in the game mentally on every play!!!!

I like to hear that D'burg will be at tip-top shape for this one, they are going to need it. They will probably face their toughest oppenent friday nite. It will take a great game to get a victory. I see that Mitchell doesn't pass that much, which is the one thing our defense hates so that a plus. If you line up and try to run the ball all night, I really believe your playing to lose against Dyersburg. We may give away some yards to one of the backs, but overall we stop the run. I know that I am excited about the game Friday night, I hope D'burg comes out fired up and ready to go 100% until that final whistle blow. If they do that They can get it done.

My prediction is

Dyersburg 21

Mitchell 16

I think Mitchell wins by 2 TD's

I was sitting her surfing the board checking on some of the teams still left in the playoff's and suddenly it dawned on my feeble mind that we (DHS) are one of 8 teams left in our division in the state of Tennessee still playing football. YOu guy's that is awesome the team that we were expecting to lose more then a few games and the team some of us felt would be lucky if they even made the playoffs are in the state quarterfinals...... I remember just a few weeks ago some of our fellow West Tennessee HATERS were saying we WERE NOT playing any good competition that our scheule was weak and once we played some real competion we would see just how weak we were and then after we lost the Covington game there were some chants of one and done for us in the playoff.

But look we are still standing and I hope that after Friday night we will still be standing tall as the Number one team from this region.

GO Trojans.... Let's give them something to talk about.

PS.... Is it just me that notice this but has anyone notice how we do not get a lot of ink in the Jackson Sun they (Jackson Sun) will cover Lake County games in Tiptonville and give us a small paragraph... what is up with that.....? Thank God we have a great paper here and one of the best writers in the state who really loves his in county high school and Middle school teams....

Maybe the Jackson Sun and Comercial Appeal should dedicate a whole sports page to Dburg football every week so the rest of the fans from West TN can get a taste and feel of what it's like to be a Coach, Play, and be a Fan of the number 1 HighSchool Football town in the entire country. The rumor going around Knoxville is that Counce Lombardi is on the short list to replace big Phil Fulmer. Dburg not only has the best highschool coach in the history of HS FB but they also have the number one sportswriter in the entire state.....the prep writers from Memphis, Nashville, Chattanoga, Knoxville, Johson City, Clarksville, Jackson, Bristol/Kingsport, and the others need to make a trip to Dburg and take some lessons from the sports writer from the Dburg paper on just how to cover and write the best HOMER stories for there local teams. Something just dawned on me. Dburg also has the best local paper in the entire state. Is Dburg 2nd best in anything in the State....NOT.....OH, forgot Dburg is 1st in every single category except Championships. When it comes to Championships they are a distant...... forget it I can't count that far!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Last thing, I noticed that not long ago just about every Dburg fan to a man/woman was telling other fans that they didn't want to hear any excuses or complaining about injuries or any of that stuff........interesting .....seems that is a big topic on this thread. Dburg/Mitchell...may the best team win and all the kids and fans have a safe night of FB. But please, no excuses from etiher teams fans when all is said and done.

Mitchell by 50........LOL

Maybe the Jackson Sun and Comercial Appeal should dedicate a whole sports page to Dburg football every week so the rest of the fans from West TN can get a taste and feel of what it's like to be a Coach, Play, and be a Fan of the number 1 HighSchool Football town in the entire country. The rumor going around Knoxville is that Counce Lombardi is on the short list to replace big Phil Fulmer. Dburg not only has the best highschool coach in the history of HS FB but they also have the number one sportswriter in the entire state.....the prep writers from Memphis, Nashville, Chattanoga, Knoxville, Johson City, Clarksville, Jackson, Bristol/Kingsport, and the others need to make a trip to Dburg and take some lessons from the sports writer from the Dburg paper on just how to cover and write the best HOMER stories for there local teams. Something just dawned on me. Dburg also has the best local paper in the entire state. Is Dburg 2nd best in anything in the State....NOT.....OH, forgot Dburg is 1st in every single category except Championships. When it comes to Championships they are a distant...... forget it I can't count that far!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Last thing, I noticed that not long ago just about every Dburg fan to a man/woman was telling other fans that they didn't want to hear any excuses or complaining about injuries or any of that stuff........interesting .....seems that is a big topic on this thread. Dburg/Mitchell...may the best team win and all the kids and fans have a safe night of FB. But please, no excuses from etiher teams fans when all is said and done.

Mitchell by 50........LOL

I wonder if you realize that you amuse the entire Dyersburg faithful!!!!

I wonder if you realize that you amuse the entire Dyersburg faithful!!!!

Noway!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't possibly have that much power over an entire fan base!!!!!!!!! Or could I?/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Either way it really doesn't matter to me!!!!!!!!!! I'm just having fun...nothing more nothing less...I wish no Ill will on anybody.

I like to hear that D'burg will be at tip-top shape for this one, they are going to need it. They will probably face their toughest oppenent friday nite. It will take a great game to get a victory. I see that Mitchell doesn't pass that much, which is the one thing our defense hates so that a plus. If you line up and try to run the ball all night, I really believe your playing to lose against Dyersburg. We may give away some yards to one of the backs, but overall we stop the run. I know that I am excited about the game Friday night, I hope D'burg comes out fired up and ready to go 100% until that final whistle blow. If they do that They can get it done.

My prediction is

Dyersburg 21

Mitchell 16

Mitchell has a very good football team--especially on offense. Their defense is not as good as Trezevant's and probably about equal to Sheffield's. Their TB (28) is a strong kid who can run through tackles. The TB isolation is their bread-and-butter. They aso have a very fast WB who runs counters and reverses. The passing game is so-so, and they definitely use the run to set up the pass.

Their defense is basically a 4-3 with the LB's very close and very active, blitzing a lot. They will definitely "stack the box." Teams have scored quite few points on them this year. Unlike most Memphis teams, Mitchell does have a kicking game--both in punting and extra points.

Their O line is very large and has been impressive. Several players go both ways. In the Haywood game, Mitchell made lots of early mistakes (penalties, drops) but Haywood made even more. The weather should be clear and cold and the field should be in good shape. The game may come down to turnovers in the cold, and who can generate a passing attack.