Mt Juliet Lady Bears 9-0

SCBisondad

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJPride...you are correct, Caya Williams is just a freshman and only getting better game by game. I was ask the question today...will she be as good as Jasmine Hassell at Wilson Central? I said no...better.

Freshman Helen Mitchner playing the point and doing a great job of ot turning the ball over and hitting the three ball when needed...awesome.

What the Lady Bears are doing is remarkable. Two freshman, two sophomores and a junior starting and winning at Shelbyville and at an always tough Beech team. Then they handle LaVergne who should challenge for the District 9-AAA championship at home is mind blowing.

This team will surpass all expectations this season.

Go Lady Bears

good to see these tough economic times havent affected fryer's recruiting budget.

Always a jealous person making some kind of rediculous remark. Go ahead and back up your claim on this. Lets hear it. Mt Juliet produces winners year after year because they have a winning tradition from way back. So all the young ladies at an early age want to be a part of that continued winning tradition. We have also been blessed with great coaching over the years. I guess in a way you could be somewhat correct because we can select the best because we have so many that want to be a part of this. There are several that don't make the roster that could start for alot of good teams around the state.

Always a jealous person making some kind of rediculous remark. Go ahead and back up your claim on this. Lets hear it. Mt Juliet produces winners year after year because they have a winning tradition from way back. So all the young ladies at an early age want to be a part of that continued winning tradition. We have also been blessed with great coaching over the years. I guess in a way you could be somewhat correct because we can select the best because we have so many that want to be a part of this. There are several that don't make the roster that could start for alot of good teams around the state.

Who is playing in your tournament this upcoming weekend?

Better than Hassel one day? Lets slow down thats a pretty tall order Im sure Ms. Hassel wont mind teaching her a few things when the two teams play this year.

I would think that a SR should out play a freshman. If Hassel don't, she will be embarrased. How many other freshman can you find averaging over 20 ppg on a undefeated team?

I saw Miss Hassel play as a freshman and she "nowhere" near the player Williams is.

If I remember correctly Hassel only averaged around 10 or 12 points a game when she was a freshman.

Lets compare Hassel as a freshman to what Williams is now. I think you'd have to give Williams a distinct advantage.

Only time will tell. But I think the sky is the limit for Ciya.

Go Lady Bears

PS - In the Golden Bear Invitanional this weekend Wilson Central plays Hillsboro Sat. at 4:30.

Mt. Juliet plays Hunters Lane at 7pm.

I saw Miss Hassel play as a freshman and she "nowhere" near the player Williams is.

If I remember correctly Hassel only averaged around 10 or 12 points a game when she was a freshman.

Lets compare Hassel as a freshman to what Williams is now. I think you'd have to give Williams a distinct advantage.

Only time will tell. But I think the sky is the limit for Ciya.

Go Lady Bears

PS - In the Golden Bear Invitanional this weekend Wilson Central plays Hillsboro Sat. at 4:30.

Mt. Juliet plays Hunters Lane at 7pm.

Freshmen Williams is more valuable to her team than was the freshmen Hassell. Wilson Central had others that were their go to players at the time. Hassell was a role player her freshmen year as opposed to what role Williams is being utilized as. Hassell waited her turn to be the team's premier player and has shown that she can put a team on her shoulders.

Either way the end result for Hassell's freshmen year worked out "ok" wouldn't you say?

It would say so much more if the same result occurs for Williams. I would expect nothing less than a good run in the tourneys by this team.

Well MJpride its funny when you have a girl that has worked her butt off to get better. All anybody wants to do is say recruiting this recruiting that. Everybody just needs to watch her play and enjoy it for what it is a kid giving her all for a sport she loves .