Montgomery Central & West Creek jobs?

1stdown

1new_wildcat_fan, things are good at the view. We are looking to start spring drills at the end of april, or first of may. The start date is to be determined by our spring scrimmage. And yes, theydon'tcare is exactly right about how the University of Alabama decided on the elephant as the mascot. When do you guys hold your spring drills?

We will start in the next few weeks and go when it turns cold. We will end around March 14.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theydon'tcare, they have their list of potential head coaches and are waiting to see what teaching slots will open up. You know teachers out there do not leave from out there until they reach retirement. So, it is kind of hard to name a coach now, when there is uncertainty about what subjects will be open for teachers.

Mr. McWhirter and the school administrators may have ideas who they may want, but we will not know anything until probably April when "pink slips" are given to some untenured teachers to open up spots for the new head coach. Bank on this: Montgomery County schools WILL NOT fire teachers or move teachers to other schools just to get a coach in the building. So....don't expect any kind of announcement anytime soon. From what I have been told, the AD at MCHS, Mr. Birchwell, has been running the weightroom. If so, how many kids have been participating?

What's the time line on both jobs?West Creek interviews were done last week, or not? I heard the coach from the north was the man.It should be fun to watch.Both jobs could be good.If the right things are done to help the coaches.They could be Clarksville or Rossview,or Northwest. Than have to start over.It all amounts to THIS,are the coaches going to be able to bring staffs.

JSCOTT, you are correct about the interviews being held last week. One of the finalist for the West Creek job has already been informed that he will not be the HC for the coyotes next year. I would think that whomever the new HC is, they have been offered the job already. Announcement should come possibly by the end of this week.

theydon'tcare are you going to Springfield and be reunited with Myers? Or are you staying at CCC?

Bama I hear things are going good over there. We are working but lost A LOT of skill so we will have a lot of work to do. I just didn't see anyone from this county getting the job out at West Creek so I didn't think he would. I figure it will go to either Offut, Tharpe, or the other guy. But my money would be on Offut or Tharpe.