Trousdale County Basketball

JacketAlumni

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the Nera White Christmas Tournament, head coach Josh Ray gave an interview with radio host Jerry Richmond. During this interview, coach Ray stated that he didn't know which 5 players should be on the floor or who should get the ball when we needed a crucial basket. We are over ten games into the season and he is about the only one in the building who doesn't know who should be on the floor at one time, it is very simple, Holland, Cornwell, Gregory, Brown, and Ford should get the bulk of the playing time with Wood and Dillon coming off the bench. If he can't see that Holland should be the one getting the ball when a basket is needed than he should leave the building. Holland can take the ball from one end to the other, through the press and finish, yet the head coach can't see this? We are continually beat on the offensive boards while our best leaper and one of our two tallest players is playing guard and not post? One player keeps getting playing time, yet is subject to losing the ball at any time? And then gets yelled at, every night (except for the Jackson County game). Players are getting swapped in and out too often. A very good talent , freshman Ford, is not seeing the time he should, one mistake and out he comes. The kids are scared to play, if they make a mistake they get benched, no continuation to gel as a team. This is not just my opinion, there are plenty of fans and parents that feel the same way ( that is what they say when we talk). We have too much talent on this team for the record we have at this point. Coach Ray please pick 5, put them on the floor, tell them what is expected, and let them play without fear of being taken out of the game for 1 turnover if they are playing hard. These boys practice hard for you, please evaluate the season to this point, and make some changes if you can. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you can lead us to more consistent play.

You're lookin at this thing all wrong....the season is simply a bunch of practice games that leads up to the reg tournament....kids like Ford gotta have a little pressure put on 'em so it's understood what happens when u turn it over, that's all....Ray's a class act

DTRUTH see's it all /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

I was just wondering if JacketAlumni still felt the same way he/she did a month ago. I don't even pretend to know anything about basketball, but I feel confident that I know a win from a loss, and it appears that we have put together a pretty good run as of late. Of the 7 names you mentioned in your initial post, 3 of those were winning a state championship when the b-ball season started. Throw in a few snow days, Christmas, and a couple of injuries as well. It's very obvious that these boys just needed time to gel. Coach Ray knows who he wants with the ball in his hands during the clutch, everybody in the gym knows. Let him do his job (coaching), and you do yours (supporting). Keep up the good work coaches! (even you McCall)

Great win last night, but it would be even bigger to get one tonight!!!

Good luck, Jackets.