Region 4 District 7

cowboysrule

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York has a veteran team, but will their talent finally produce wins?

This is very true if i remember correctly York is returning all 9 starters from last season. If they are to ever make a run at a district title this might be their year. but then again upperman and dekalb are strong programs year in and year out.

sorry to say but york will be the same as they always are ....middle of the pack im guessing 4th or 5th ... proly upperman dekalb macon livingston york smith cannon i am guessing though macon has good pitching to contest .... upperman is a very good team and relating to the york returning 9 ... upperman has been returning 9 SINCE what 2005 or 2006 ? dekalb i agree always a good team they are well coached and will show up every night i have wondered what their pitching staff looks like this year ... Livingston i dunno much about i know they didnt lose many last year but was the ones they lost crucial to replace? they have certainly been a fall out since 05 coming off back to back to back district titles to the past three years not making it ... york lost their head coach i believe and he is coaching for livingston or smith or something like that . anyone know who the replacement is ? smith lost a complete ton if i am correct and thats why i think they will be low this year ... cannon has a veteran team and i know the least about them im sure they proly have talent im just waiting for them to prove it to me ... thats just my take on the district

what is you guys thoughts?

Brett Patton is Yorks' new coach. He is a pretty smart baseball man and will at least make them hustle alot more.I also agree that Upperman is going to be really tough again this year.It should come down to York and Upperman , if Yorks big 2 at the Pitchers spot improves on last year.sk

sorry to say but york will be the same as they always are ....middle of the pack im guessing 4th or 5th ... proly upperman dekalb macon livingston york smith cannon i am guessing though macon has good pitching to contest .... upperman is a very good team and relating to the york returning 9 ... upperman has been returning 9 SINCE what 2005 or 2006 ? dekalb i agree always a good team they are well coached and will show up every night i have wondered what their pitching staff looks like this year ... Livingston i dunno much about i know they didnt lose many last year but was the ones they lost crucial to replace? they have certainly been a fall out since 05 coming off back to back to back district titles to the past three years not making it ... york lost their head coach i believe and he is coaching for livingston or smith or something like that . anyone know who the replacement is ? smith lost a complete ton if i am correct and thats why i think they will be low this year ... cannon has a veteran team and i know the least about them im sure they proly have talent im just waiting for them to prove it to me ... thats just my take on the district

what is you guys thoughts?

Brett Patton is Yorks' new coach. He is a pretty smart baseball man and will at least make them hustle alot more.I also agree that Upperman is going to be really tough again this year.It should come down to York and Upperman , if Yorks big 2 at the Pitchers spot improves on last year.sk

who is they're "big two" ?

Yorks' big 2 are Chris Stockton SR. RHP and Ty Patton JR. RHP. Both had an ERA of 2.50 last year and they both have good mound presence.If they are on their games, York will be tough to handle.

here is yorks last year schedule

Sat Mar. 15 at Rhea Co.

Mon Mar. 17 at Macon Co. D L 0-8

Tue Mar. 18 Macon Co. D L 1-6

Mon Mar. 24 Cannon Co. D this maybe a D/H W 4-2

Tue Mar. 25 at Cannon Co. D this might be a D/H on 3/24/08 W 6-3

Wed Mar. 26 at Lenoir City LOUDON COUNTY INV. L 5-9

Sat Mar. 29 at Lenoir City LOUDON COUNTY INV L 0-13

Sat Mar. 29 Coalfield N at Lenoir City

Mon Mar. 31 at #25 DeKalb Co. D L 3-8

Tue Apr. 1 at #25 DeKalb Co. D L 0-10

Sat Apr. 12 #14 Monterey N at Jackson Co. L 3-6

Mon Apr. 14 Livingston Academy D W 4-2

Tue Apr. 15 at Livingston Academy D L 5-6

Mon Apr. 21 Smith Co. D L 1-3

Tue Apr. 22 at Smith Co. D L 5-15

Thu Apr. 24 Coalfield DH

Mon Apr. 28 at #3 Upperman D L 4-8

Tue Apr. 29 #3 Upperman D L 1-6

Fri May. 2 at Smith Co. District 7 AA Tournament L 3-15

how do you compile a 2.50 era for someone with those score ...... very few innings?

No, you get a 2.50 ERA because their defense was very bad last year, a ton of unearned runs. Chris and Ty pitched very good most of the year, there was a game or 2 they got roughed up, but mostly done great.If they can find some defense and a little offense, they will be fine.quote name='one2watch' date='Jan 29 2009 - 01:53 PM' post='827017652']

here is yorks last year schedule

Sat Mar. 15 at Rhea Co.

Mon Mar. 17 at Macon Co. D L 0-8

Tue Mar. 18 Macon Co. D L 1-6

Mon Mar. 24 Cannon Co. D this maybe a D/H W 4-2

Tue Mar. 25 at Cannon Co. D this might be a D/H on 3/24/08 W 6-3

Wed Mar. 26 at Lenoir City LOUDON COUNTY INV. L 5-9

Sat Mar. 29 at Lenoir City LOUDON COUNTY INV L 0-13

Sat Mar. 29 Coalfield N at Lenoir City

Mon Mar. 31 at #25 DeKalb Co. D L 3-8

Tue Apr. 1 at #25 DeKalb Co. D L 0-10

Sat Apr. 12 #14 Monterey N at Jackson Co. L 3-6

Mon Apr. 14 Livingston Academy D W 4-2

Tue Apr. 15 at Livingston Academy D L 5-6

Mon Apr. 21 Smith Co. D L 1-3

Tue Apr. 22 at Smith Co. D L 5-15

Thu Apr. 24 Coalfield DH

Mon Apr. 28 at #3 Upperman D L 4-8

Tue Apr. 29 #3 Upperman D L 1-6

Fri May. 2 at Smith Co. District 7 AA Tournament L 3-15

how do you compile a 2.50 era for someone with those score ...... very few innings?

No, you get a 2.50 ERA because their defense was very bad last year, a ton of unearned runs. Chris and Ty pitched very good most of the year, there was a game or 2 they got roughed up, but mostly done great.If they can find some defense and a little offense, they will be fine.

hmmm returning the same 9 starters with bad Defense not so good offense ... yep sounds like a district champ to me....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes, same 9 starters, new coach, and a years more experience. Their defense has to improve and their offense will be better. I am not saying they will win the district, but they will give Upperman a run at it!

As a totally biased LA fan I would say we should be compettive if some of our young plays step up. We only have four seniors on the team. In my opinion Upperman will be the team to beat this year. They were very tough last year and the return almost everyone. However, I remember last year when Dekalb seemed to be the sexy pick to win the district but it didn't work out that way. I look forward to an exciting year. Let's play some ball.