Mt. Juliet vs Wilson Central

Mailman05

There you are MJ, welcome back.

Congrats to the "Mighty Kittys", they got-er-done! Don't want to get all gushy because there's a date at the new SuperCave.

The team looked good and I think Jessy and Kelsey had 4 petty solid quarters.

Keep up the good work Ladies! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hi Folks! I was at the game and of course congrats to the Mighty Kitties on the win, but it WAS a close thing. MJ missing their free throws were key, and JC popping her three's (comfortable at home?)

I agree with another poster about Jasmine, just not as impressive to me. Understand not feeling well, but I would like some of you WCer's thoughts on her overall play considering she has now signed at UGA? Any pull back?

Looked like an uneven game through and through. We are so used to these two teams playing a bit looser - could be WC does not know these young Bears, and what to expect. I think Coach Fryer was having the Bears run plays, plays,plays....

Chelsea will be back, she is such fun to watch on D and will get her share of O. The freshmen kids for MJ look GREAT!!! I think Caya settles down even more next round, I love to watch her play - great baseline left hand...

Fear the Bud, hmmm...not sure if I even want to comment on that /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Three or more to go!! Go Lady Bears! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its everyones favorite time of the year Wilson Central vs Mt. Juliet...two of the best basketball programs in the state face off in this 9AAA battle. So lets get the discussion started

You are right about the strength of MJ and WC. They are both well coached and are two fot he stronger programs in the state. They both have great tradition, even though WC is a relatively new school. Had MJ hit a decent percentage of free throws they would have had a real shot at a big road win. MJ also lost the point guard too many times as she hit 4-5 three pointers. WC looks vulnerable to the press and at times does not transition to defense, losing sight of just where the ball is as both teams moved down floor to the MJ end. In the end Hassell did what a Miss Basketball does and secure the win with her play. A great game for the spectators and fans, almost a full house. The teams play hard and for the most part play efficiently. Either one oculd be in the STATE but there are potholes along the way and one will likely stumble.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks! I was at the game and of course congrats to the Mighty Kitties on the win, but it WAS a close thing. MJ missing their free throws were key, and JC popping her three's (comfortable at home?)

I agree with another poster about Jasmine, just not as impressive to me. Understand not feeling well, but I would like some of you WCer's thoughts on her overall play considering she has now signed at UGA? Any pull back?

Looked like an uneven game through and through. We are so used to these two teams playing a bit looser - could be WC does not know these young Bears, and what to expect. I think Coach Fryer was having the Bears run plays, plays,plays....

Chelsea will be back, she is such fun to watch on D and will get her share of O. The freshmen kids for MJ look GREAT!!! I think Caya settles down even more next round, I love to watch her play - great baseline left hand...

Fear the Bud, hmmm...not sure if I even want to comment on that /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Three or more to go!! Go Lady Bears! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Umm.... Well I just like to say that you do remember( im talking about mj freshmen) that WC freshmen stomped them the second time they played them at home. And they only lost to mj at there place because they beat themselves, not because the mj freshmen played better than they did. I think the WC freshmen are something to be reckond with.

Oh Bud is going to have to get him some transfers, the well is going to dry up after this year. Coach Fryar will probably get the top dog role back next year. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

what about all of WC's freshmen coming up next year? They are the pick to win the district, so they will have some talent just inexperienced.

Umm.... Well I just like to say that you do remember( im talking about mj freshmen) that WC freshmen stomped them the second time they played them at home. And they only lost to mj at there place because they beat themselves, not because the mj freshmen played better than they did. I think the WC freshmen are something to be reckond with.

In case you didn't notice, MJ's freshmen are starting for the varsity team ... Williams and Michener. I wouldn't get too worked up about what the freshman team is doing.

What have you been smoking? MJ out hustled and out played them. You talk about your fresh being better than MJ's. The fact is our top player is a freshman and out played your All-state senior.