Dyersburg vs. Dyer County

mattfromdburg

IF...and that is an IF, DC plays in regionals like they did tonight they will be done. I love them will still support them, but tonight was sloppy. Yes they pulled it out end the end and had a good run, but if they do not come out firing on all cylinders at the start of certain games down the line they will not be able to come back. Expect to see some changes at thursday's game. There were moments that were really good and moments that were really bad.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer Co. won 75-64.

Hey GC, this game was a good one. Ha . . . who would have thought?

DHS had a 3 point lead at half-time!

Great game by Coach Decker's Trojans!!!

As for the refs . . . /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Well . . . let me begin by saying this:

Dyer County is GOOD and played well, BUT I believe that Dyersburg played a better game. J.T. Sanders and Cameron Thomas were outstanding . . . back to the refs . . . The refs tonight completely changed the pace of the game late in the 3rd quarter. Also, tonight was the first time I have ever witnessed a group of refs change the momentum of a game. The most INCONSISTENT officiating I ever witnessed. To say the least, I think if that game was played with a different crew, Dyersburg would have won. Shoulda, coulda, woulda I guess. A different crew might have made it a 30 point DC win, WHO KNOWS, but I feel like the officiating in the fourth made a difference in this game.

Dyer County IS a better team- NO doubt! But tonight the Trojans were the better team and the refs were about as bad as the Trojans were good. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!

BTW-Way to go LTs on the route . . . and nice student section again DHS!

Last I heard, Thomas cannot play due to a suspension. (school related)

We are VERY close to hiring a football coach. A GOOD football coach.

Wow, C-town did play . . . hmmm . . . /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

. . . Leading scorer tonight as well?

Anybody got stats?

As for the refs . . . /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Well . . . let me begin by saying this:

Dyer County is GOOD and played well, BUT I believe that Dyersburg played a better game. J.T. Sanders and Cameron Thomas were outstanding . . . back to the refs . . . The refs tonight completely changed the pace of the game late in the 3rd quarter. Also, tonight was the first time I have ever witnessed a group of refs change the momentum of a game. The most INCONSISTENT officiating I ever witnessed. To say the least, I think if that game was played with a different crew, Dyersburg would have won. Shoulda, coulda, woulda I guess. A different crew might have made it a 30 point DC win, WHO KNOWS, but I feel like the officiating in the fourth made a difference in this game.

Dyer County IS a better team- NO doubt! But tonight the Trojans were the better team and the refs were about as bad as the Trojans were good. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!

Refs have been awful EVERY game I have been to....Momentum could have been changed at anytime if certain calls have been made...numerous walks not called...about a mile of them /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Trojans played a good game tonight.

What calls do you think were bad? I think that it was one of the more fair games that I have seen officiated tonight. Please tell me you don't think that #41 didn't commit his five fouls. He was playing dirty the whole night, and deserved everything he got. John Hudson put him in his place though for sure.

What calls do you think were bad? I think that it was one of the more fair games that I have seen officiated tonight. Please tell me you don't think that #41 didn't commit his five fouls. He was playing dirty the whole night, and deserved everything he got. John Hudson put him in his place though for sure.

That kid doubled up his fist...should have been out of the game, was the next play...I was standing RIGHT above him when it happened....no sense in that at all.

JT (41) fouls out about 3/4 of his games . . . he is aggressive . . . no different tonight . . . he probably committed 10!

My post said that the refs 1)changed the momentum 2) changed the pace 3)were not consistant

When a ticky-tacky is called at one end and then not the other about . . . 5 times in a matter of 2 minutes that is inconsistant.

When refs go from keeping their whistle in their pocket to sounding like the New York orchestra, THAT IS A PROBLEM.

DC played a good game . . .Take the complements to heart more than you do the jabs, it will make your day better. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That kid doubled up his fist...should have been out of the game, was the next play...I was standing RIGHT above him when it happened....no sense in that at all.

"Should have been out of the game"???

I guess Rex Pierce's shove of Decker after the ref called Decker for a foul was OK and he should not be out of the game? "No sense in that at all."

"Should have been out of the game"???

I guess Rex Pierce's shove of Decker after the ref called Decker for a foul was OK and he should not be out of the game? "No sense in that at all."

Funny our coach took him out of the game...sat him out. Decker did nothing...she didn't have too cause he was out right after. Already said ya'll played a good game...say it again...you played a good game.

Funny our coach took him out of the game...sat him out. Decker did nothing...she didn't have too cause he was out right after.

He took him out because that was his 4th foul and it was only midway through the third. Don't make it sound like he took him out to discipline him. Get real.