Best HS Baseball Team In Sevier County?

melabonz

OnP, no doubt that SC will be tested this week, top 2 teams in district and seymour to boot, that is pretty tough. I guess we will find out alot about SC this week. I hope they don't get rained out, cause most want to see how SC pitching can handle playing 2 really good teams in 3 days as opposed to playing 1 really good team every now and then. Should be fun to watch. Keep us posted OnP.

Fan just to let you know Sevier Co is number 2 in the district behind Farragut.. but yes this is a very tough week for

SC. Tonight saw a terrible first inning from the bears and Bearden took advantage of some errors we made. SC couldn't recover from the inning and lost 8-2. They are still second in the district with Farragut coming in on Wednesday if the rain will allow the teams to play.. The Seymour game is big but we are more worried about district games right now bc we are fighting for the right to host the district tourney. The Seymour game will be very interesting and should show everyone who is the better team out of the two.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan just to let you know Sevier Co is number 2 in the district behind Farragut.. but yes this is a very tough week for

SC. Tonight saw a terrible first inning from the bears and Bearden took advantage of some errors we made. SC couldn't recover from the inning and lost 8-2. They are still second in the district with Farragut coming in on Wednesday if the rain will allow the teams to play.. The Seymour game is big but we are more worried about district games right now bc we are fighting for the right to host the district tourney. The Seymour game will be very interesting and should show everyone who is the better team out of the two.

Flash, ' just finished a little homework on SC. The are in 2nd on the win side, 3rd on the loss side. Technicalities!! IF SC wins out except for Farragut, and Bearden wins out except for Farragut, which is a pretty safe bet. Then Bearden finishes 2nd and SC 3rd. So the only way SC can finish 2nd is to beat Farragut (unlikely), or Bearden to lose to Farragut AND someone else, (also unlikely). May be a little of a stretch to say SC is in 2nd right now, because if Bearden wins Wed. and you lose, you will still have 5 wins and Bearden 4, are you still in 2nd if this happens.

Baseball is a funny sport. Bearden played bad and lost to SC by 1. SC played bad and lost to Bearden by 6. Both threw their aces. PF played bad and lost to Bearden by 10, PF threw #6, Bearden #3 or #4. I think you and I can both agree that this year we will never know which team is better, Maybe we can start playing each other next year. PF loses 7 seniors. I'm sure SC will be glad to play them once the big boys are graduated.

Flash, ' just finished a little homework on SC. The are in 2nd on the win side, 3rd on the loss side. Technicalities!! IF SC wins out except for Farragut, and Bearden wins out except for Farragut, which is a pretty safe bet. Then Bearden finishes 2nd and SC 3rd. So the only way SC can finish 2nd is to beat Farragut (unlikely), or Bearden to lose to Farragut AND someone else, (also unlikely). May be a little of a stretch to say SC is in 2nd right now, because if Bearden wins Wed. and you lose, you will still have 5 wins and Bearden 4, are you still in 2nd if this happens.

Baseball is a funny sport. Bearden played bad and lost to SC by 1. SC played bad and lost to Bearden by 6. Both threw their aces. PF played bad and lost to Bearden by 10, PF threw #6, Bearden #3 or #4. I think you and I can both agree that this year we will never know which team is better, Maybe we can start playing each other next year. PF loses 7 seniors. I'm sure SC will be glad to play them once the big boys are graduated.

SC is soon to have the blinds shut on a window that was never open. They will not get out of there distrct and after this year the Knoxville Stars will move to PF just like they moved to AC 5 years ago. Do not care about either one but with out the zoning restrictions we have in Knox county this will not even be a discussion in a couple years.

SC is soon to have the blinds shut on a window that was never open. They will not get out of there distrct and after this year the Knoxville Stars will move to PF just like they moved to AC 5 years ago. Do not care about either one but with out the zoning restrictions we have in Knox county this will not even be a discussion in a couple years.

No intelligent Knoxville Star parent would follow Coach Guinn. He recruited those to AC then left. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No intelligent Knoxville Star parent would follow Coach Guinn. He recruited those to AC then left. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The word I am looking for now is oxymoron(prob wrong spelling) It is already happennig. His nephews play for the Stars and he was followed to the 92nd ranked HS in the state academically. Hope you are not a fan of another SC school.

Lot's of kids tranfer to a new school. Look at Farragut, half of their top 15 guys, were zoned for other schools. The bottom line is success breeds success, and kids want to play for quality coaches that win. Most importantly, parents want their kids to play for a head coach that will work for them with college coaches, and NO ONE works harder for a kid than Coach Guinn.

All of the players who transferred to AC are better off for doing so, and I bet if you ask them they would tell you they are glad they did.

With Sevier County's zoning, I don't know why a parent of a high caliber player would send their child anywhere else. Great Tradition, great coaches, great facilities, great competition, and colleges know Coach Guinn and are constantly in contact and watching PF play, which is great exposure for a player.

If you want to point the finger at rule breakers, all you need to do is look around. "Transfers" happen at every school, especially the good ones.

Lot's of kids tranfer to a new school. Look at Farragut, half of their top 15 guys, were zoned for other schools. The bottom line is success breeds success, and kids want to play for quality coaches that win. Most importantly, parents want their kids to play for a head coach that will work for them with college coaches, and NO ONE works harder for a kid than Coach Guinn.

All of the players who transferred to AC are better off for doing so, and I bet if you ask them they would tell you they are glad they did.

With Sevier County's zoning, I don't know why a parent of a high caliber player would send their child anywhere else. Great Tradition, great coaches, great facilities, great competition, and colleges know Coach Guinn and are constantly in contact and watching PF play, which is great exposure for a player.

If you want to point the finger at rule breakers, all you need to do is look around. "Transfers" happen at every school, especially the good ones.

I would like to know the 15 you speak of . Only know Cooper had to move to play. Did not say anything is wrong you just need to know the deal Coach Guinn has a history of winning not helping boys get better. All is fine until he finds next guy. Ask kids who did not play because of York, Rourex, White, Bynum and don't forget Farmer who recruted to replace a boy he had coached for 6 years(now playing in college). Families are faced with different rules in knox count and at Farragut we at least have to pay taxes to replace your kid.

I would like to know the 15 you speak of . Only know Cooper had to move to play. Did not say anything is wrong you just need to know the deal Coach Guinn has a history of winning not helping boys get better. All is fine until he finds next guy. Ask kids who did not play because of York, Rourex, White, Bynum and don't forget Farmer who recruted to replace a boy he had coached for 6 years(now playing in college). Families are faced with different rules in knox count and at Farragut we at least have to pay taxes to replace your kid.

Farmer sat until the 2nd baseman graduated. I probably misspoke about Farragut this year, you would know better than I, but I do know about the "Clinton Connection" and I'm sure you do as well. So don't tell me it don't happen at Farragut as well. My point is that it happens at alot of good schools. Look at the facts, Coach Guinn has had multiple highschool players go on to college careers, not to mention Stars players that are now in the SEC, ACC, Big12, and proball. You may or may not like Coach Guinn, but you can't take away from his accomplishments and those of his players. Maybe not you gatalife, but most peoples problem with Coach Guinn is rooted in summer ball years back, and is quite simply plain ole' jealousy.

I have no dog in this, thread just got interesting of late. As far as oxymoron, family member moving does not constitute the whole of the Knoxville Stars following Guinn.

When I think of PF, I think of a baby school, not one of great tradition. I do know that they had a great run when Cannon was there. He was a very good coach who won with a lot less talent than Guinn has this year. PF is very talented this year and should go all the way, but did Guinn make this team talented, or did he inherit it from the Cannon era (this years seniors were freshman Cannon's last year).

As for Guinn working hard for his players, I am sure he does as do the other coaches in Sevier and Knox counties. That is part of the job. I was not pointing fingers and saying Guinn was a rule breaker, just new that a lot of the parents of those Stars who followed him to AC were less than happy when he left. It would surprise me if more followed(other than family of course). I could be wrong, after all, I am human.

I have no dog in this, thread just got interesting of late. As far as oxymoron, family member moving does not constitute the whole of the Knoxville Stars following Guinn.

When I think of PF, I think of a baby school, not one of great tradition. I do know that they had a great run when Cannon was there. He was a very good coach who won with a lot less talent than Guinn has this year. PF is very talented this year and should go all the way, but did Guinn make this team talented, or did he inherit it from the Cannon era (this years seniors were freshman Cannon's last year).

As for Guinn working hard for his players, I am sure he does as do the other coaches in Sevier and Knox counties. That is part of the job. I was not pointing fingers and saying Guinn was a rule breaker, just new that a lot of the parents of those Stars who followed him to AC were less than happy when he left. It would surprise me if more followed(other than family of course). I could be wrong, after all, I am human.

Point taken, LSU, I also am very close to some of those AC players you mention. You are correct that most were dissappointed, however, there was a couple of players that were very happy. They weren't getting the PT they wanted mostly because they had a weak work ethic. Once everything settled out though, the unhappy families are all good with Guinn. You must also remember, that Farmer and York were not Guinn's players in the summer before they got there, neither was Michael White. York may have played here and there but not for a long period of time. They were stars players, but not Guinn's players.

To answer your question about PF, they have 3 seniors left from Cannon's era that played sparingly and several Stars kids on it, Adam Guinn, and a kid who came out for the 1st time this year. The rest are really Guinn's guys. Good freshman class this year. Junior who came out for the 1st time also. Coach Guinn has taken what was there and molded them into very good players. Most of the senior's will have the opportunity to play at the next level. 1 junior is being recruited by SEC and ACC schools, and 2 will play DII or Juco.

PF does have a short history, but have 3 State Tourney appearances, and several sectionals as well. Coach Guinn is only building on the foundation that Coach Cannon layed. As for less talent, not so fast my friend, Cannon had many quality players to go along with his SON TYLER, who is a starter at Virginia right now, and was one of the top talents in the state his junior and senior years.

Point taken, LSU, I also am very close to some of those AC players you mention. You are correct that most were dissappointed, however, there was a couple of players that were very happy. They weren't getting the PT they wanted mostly because they had a weak work ethic. Once everything settled out though, the unhappy families are all good with Guinn. You must also remember, that Farmer and York were not Guinn's players in the summer before they got there, neither was Michael White. York may have played here and there but not for a long period of time. They were stars players, but not Guinn's players.

To answer your question about PF, they have 5 seniors left from Cannon's era, Adam Guinn, and a kid who came out for the 1st time this year. The rest are really Guinn's guys. Good freshman class this year. Junior who came out for the 1st time also. Coach Guinn has taken what was there and molded them into very good players. Most of the senior's will have the opportunity to play at the next level. 1 junior is being recruited by SEC and ACC schools, and 2 will play DII or Juco.

PF does have a short history, but have 3 State Tourney appearances, and several sectionals as well. Coach Guinn is only building on the foundation that Coach Cannon layed. As for less talent, not so fast my friend, Cannon had many quality players to go along with his SON TYLER, who is a starter at Virginia right now, and was one of the top talents in the state his junior and senior years.

Very aware of Tyler Cannon, but I was unaware of any others off that state team that actually "played" at the next level. Please educate me.

Very aware of Tyler Cannon, but I was unaware of any others off that state team that actually "played" at the next level. Please educate me.

also you said several state tourny appearances. Were these all in same year or different years? I need educated about PF.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Gleason all over west Carroll in scrimmage. Gleason is big and fast 
    • Defending 2A state Champs Westview Lady Chargers are pretty tough. They lost a bunch of production off last year's squad but returned some talent as well. They still McCall Simms, a Tennesseee Lady Vol softball commit as well as solid talent around the diamond. I dont think they are as good as last season but they will definitely be a tough out. Huntingdon Lady Mustangs seem to be pretty stout as well. Don't know much about Riverside other than Westview defeated them earlier in regions. West Tennessee softball is pretty solid all around id say.
    • Eagleville couldn’t catch up to Jones, he did have his location issues but in that game Eagleville popped up everything and the one hit they did have could have been ruled an error. Jeffcoat was a lot sharper in the beginning of the season last year than the end. ER ran out of pitching and still was in striking distance but none the less the better team one. Last seasons tournament was A LOT more balanced and talented. South Pitts starter is a Lefty who was low 80’s but couldn’t maintain his velo throughout the  outing, their #2 was more impressive last year, we knocked him around this year and his mph was down some. Their #3 isn’t bad neither, throws a lot of strikes and sits high 70’s.
    • He actually had a really solid spring.  I could see him getting some backup snaps on offense and be a regular on special teams.  Really athletic kid who can run.