HOOKER vs DOSTER

tnko

Im disgusted that you guys would eve nsay he "manufactured a vomit." Obviously you have never had flu like symptoms. I will admit that hooker lost and stuart is a good friend of mine but really "manufactured a vomit." Thats absurd. And come one its not like he is the first to throw up in a match before. You don't yell and scream at the refs to warn him for stalling because he is one the side throwing up. The CBHS fans didn't yell and scream when zach was bleeding, nor should they. It really shows a lack of class when you harass a kid for throwing up when he in fact had thrown up all wednesday thursday and friday. HE did not attend school on wednesday because he was sick. I'm not making excuses for hooker at all. Stuart was better prepared in every position, he did not show any nerves and he showed up to win the fight in this one. Hw wanted it more. To win a state champinship you have to want it. you don't luck into it because the guy is sick. Stuart did not luck into it. HE won it fair and square. To think that you guys believe we are making excuses saying that he is sick is crazy. And once again if you yell at a kid for throwing up in a middle of a match you really are classless. Hooker came out under flu like symptoms and still made it to the state championship, which he should realize is a great accomplishment. But he did lose to Doster. Thats that. Baylor wrestling fans can you show just a little more class. Please?

bigblu1 - I was attempting sarcasm with the "manufactured vomit" comment. Ask Mr. Jamieson to explain the concept to you. There was no question (unless of course you are a conspiritorial nut or rabid Baylor fan but that's redundant) that Hooker was ill. Ill or not, I know Hooker and Connell wouldn't offer it as an excuse. And if the shoe (sorry Michael!) was on the other foot, niether would Doster. Both guys have it their all and the Best Match award was deserved. Can't wait to see the rivalry progress.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed in the prelims that Hooker looked sick almost throwing up a few times during one match and at the end.

Was he under the weather this week?

I was not there the third day for the finals. only the second day and noticed it so I did not know that he was still throwing up the third day, I just asked a simple question.

I know Bronchitis because when I run and had it I was gagging and throwing up the first minute I took off cause you cannont catch your breath or breathe. The last time I was out of commission for a month and wrestling is much harder on your chest and body than running.

Alot of you guys on here may not realize that because you dont exert yourselves physically anymore.

The most exercise ya'll might get is this 10 finger key-stroke workout here on these boards. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I dont even care for Hooker much really but His sickness was just my observation.

HE NEVER THREW UP DURING THE FINALS MATCH! as a neutral fan (being as I don't go red or blue, but purple=STATE CHAMPS) with an outstanding view, Hooker never thew up during the match. I'm not saying he wasn't sick, but I do understand where the Baylor fans were coming from. His "shoe trick" has become well know and discussed, and many of them probably saw his stopping time as another gimmick to catch his breath/get out of a compromising position. They never cheered when he ran over to the trainers; the noise was more of a growing cry exhorting him to get back on the mat and finish the match.

How can you say he never threw up. The few thousand people watching that match saw him run to the trashcan and throw up in it.

Let me clear this up. HE DID NOT THROW UP!

He did run over, and hover over a can. He probably did feel like he was going to throw up. I do not feel that he was using this as a way to stall. I'm sure he was feeling like that, but he has been like this since the state duals. He was coughing then, and was coughing during the finals match. I'm sure he had mucus in his lungs and that much coughing can make you feel like you are going to throw up when you cough like that. But again, he did not throw up.

Also, there were several other kids out there that had the same thing going on.

I was not there the third day for the finals. only the second day and noticed it so I did not know that he was still throwing up the third day, I just asked a simple question.

I know Bronchitis because when I run and had it I was gagging and throwing up the first minute I took off cause you cannont catch your breath or breathe. The last time I was out of commission for a month and wrestling is much harder on your chest and body than running.

Alot of you guys on here may not realize that because you dont exert yourselves physically anymore.

The most exercise ya'll might get is this 10 finger key-stroke workout here on these boards. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I dont even care for Hooker much really but His sickness was just my observation.

"I dont even care for Hooker much really" A quote from the great evil twin. I hope you fell like a bigger man for talking about a young man who has been in the finals two time and has 1 state championship to his name. He is only a Freshman.

By the way .. how many state championships does your son have. How many state championships does blackman have.

He might not have thrown up during the finals ( I don't know could not see, and I count that as a blessing), but I passed him twice in the hall and both times he had his head in the trash can, and I don't think he was digging for food.

It really does not matter, he placed second, congrats to both wrestlers!!!

Hooker I hope you are wresting for Team TN in the Dixie Duals aging this year! It was a hoot being around you last year!!!

From a D-1 fan with a great view of the Baylor fans, as well as a great view of Hooker throwing up and coughing as if he had chronic bronchitis: One of the worst displays I've ever seen. I wish I had filmed your actions and faces during that match and let you see yourselves. I think you would be very embarrassed if you saw what I did. I've been told for years that Baylor fans are "the worst", but never gave it much thought because I hadn't seen them very much. Well I've seen them now. I was very impressed with your enthusiasm and encouragement you gave to your wrestlers, but very disappointed with your treatment of a high school freshman who happens to wear blue instead of red.

I am so disappointed in you Baylor fans. I miss the State Tournament for the first time in years and I learn that y'all were acting up in a Baylor/McCallie finals match. I just don't understand that. I think we should have a post- season meeting to discuss.

"I dont even care for Hooker much really" A quote from the great evil twin. I hope you fell like a bigger man for talking about a young man who has been in the finals two time and has 1 state championship to his name. He is only a Freshman.

By the way .. how many state championships does your son have. How many state championships does blackman have.

OUCH!!!! Did I offend??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just my opinion,

you probably should read your post again.

Seems as though you are measuring a man by his accomplishments in wrestling only like ''mine is bigger than yours, your sons and your teams" just because of a state title. kinda CAVEMAN huh?

Being in the finals and having a championship doesnt entitle you to perfection on and off the mat by your fanbase, free from others non biased observations.

Now quit dragging your knuckles across the ground and go get some GEICO Insurance /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I am so disappointed in you Baylor fans. I miss the State Tournament for the first time in years and I learn that y'all were acting up in a Baylor/McCallie finals match. I just don't understand that. I think we should have a post- season meeting to discuss.

You're too old-school,,,,EBE would 'forfeit' the opportunity to meet for a 'truce',,,I think if we both were there,,,we could have kept those Baylor fans under control?

Did you 'wound' any birds on your trip? I don't think I can say 'kill' on here...?

CC

HE NEVER THREW UP DURING THE FINALS MATCH! as a neutral fan (being as I don't go red or blue, but purple=STATE CHAMPS) with an outstanding view, Hooker never thew up during the match. I'm not saying he wasn't sick, but I do understand where the Baylor fans were coming from. His "shoe trick" has become well know and discussed, and many of them probably saw his stopping time as another gimmick to catch his breath/get out of a compromising position. They never cheered when he ran over to the trainers; the noise was more of a growing cry exhorting him to get back on the mat and finish the match.

I think your post paints a pretty clear picture.

My gut tells me it's like the," boy that cried wolf" scenario...? Hooker is the most dynamic wrestler McCallie has,,, and he's a joy to watch,,,,and I'm certain no one directly involved with him is making any excuses.

Is the kid with diarrhea,,,,or a torn ligament any less sick or injured than someone with a respiratory infection..? It's tough on all the kids that have an injury or illness,,,on top of the stress.

My old football coach (Bobby Newby) scored 4 touchdowns after receiving a concussion (he still doesn't remember any of it),,,,my buddy Jason walked 25 miles in sand with with 80 lbs of kit ,,,with a broken bone (metataral) in each foot and never said a word,,,,My point is Hooker is a warrior,,,lets give him the respect he deserves,,and he will return to fight another day.

FYI: EBE does abuse the injury time,,,when it's clearly a stall/ recovery gimmick

CC