Powell High Softball

Rico

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any predictions? How are they looking?

Well you asked so here goes------>

1st let me say the Panthers have a nice Fr class coming in to replace the Sr they lost. A few hitters & a few strong defensive players will fit in nicely to this group. The return of what should be ther "Ace" pitcher from Farragut will help there chances ALOT also------

However, even with this talent and one of the best pitchers in K-town; i dont see the Panthers making it out of the Districts or Regional's again this year. They are in BAD BAD need of some coaching. This guy was out coached all season last year. He may have been a good coach back-n-tha-day but that was 20 years ago. The cute little blond coaching the Red Devils & the dad running Central from the dug out will out coach him again when it counts. If I was a Panther fan I would run straight to the AD & let him know 2 things------- 1. you accomplished your goal last season & there was "no incidents" & it time for higher goals------- 2. you badly need a coach that will do what it takes to get the black-n-orange back to what they were before they lost the real coach to Since Hill--------

Distric 3 AAA Top 3 as Mr. FantasyLand predicts------

1. Central

2. Karns

3. Halls -- no pitching but the coach could suprize you

3. Powell

Halls could make it in again this season, You can never count out a GOOD coach. If I was the Beavers I wouldnt be counting on anything just yet.

Well you asked so here goes------>

1st let me say the Panthers have a nice Fr class coming in to replace the Sr they lost. A few hitters & a few strong defensive players will fit in nicely to this group. The return of what should be ther "Ace" pitcher from Farragut will help there chances ALOT also------

However, even with this talent and one of the best pitchers in K-town; i dont see the Panthers making it out of the Districts or Regional's again this year. They are in BAD BAD need of some coaching. This guy was out coached all season last year. He may have been a good coach back-n-tha-day but that was 20 years ago. The cute little blond coaching the Red Devils & the dad running Central from the dug out will out coach him again when it counts. If I was a Panther fan I would run straight to the AD & let him know 2 things------- 1. you accomplished your goal last season & there was "no incidents" & it time for higher goals------- 2. you badly need a coach that will do what it takes to get the black-n-orange back to what they were before they lost the real coach to Since Hill--------

Distric 3 AAA Top 3 as Mr. FantasyLand predicts------

1. Central

2. Karns

3. Halls -- no pitching but the coach could suprize you

3. Powell

Halls could make it in again this season, You can never count out a GOOD coach. If I was the Beavers I wouldnt be

counting on anything just yet.

I agree that Central should be the class of the district. The other three plus West will be very close.

Any predictions? How are they looking?

The dad is not running things from the dugout, trust me. Coach Cox has a proven record before the dad even came along. Central has won many district titles, district championships and has been to state 3 or 4 times without the "Dad". Dad has only been there one year and they only made it to regionals.

The dad is not running things from the dugout, trust me. Coach Cox has a proven record before the dad even came along. Central has won many district titles, district championships and has been to state 3 or 4 times without the "Dad". Dad has only been there one year and they only made it to regionals.

I agree, Coach Cox does have a proven record even before the "Dad" showed up. But to anyone that watched the distric or regional games know the "Dad" is the only one that "darling Debbie" listens too---- Shoot, you couldnt even hear Coach Cox or the fans for that matter over "Dear-ol-Dad" most of the games----- How long is Coach Cox going to put up with this? They dun left 1 program because the coach couldnt be influenced, should be interesting to see if they finish up at Central or moooov on to greener pastures-------- /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Does West have any pitching? I may have to venture across the tracks & watch a few West games this season. I admit I dont know much about there players...

West does have a pretty good pitcher in Wilcox (junior) and should be very competitive this year. TSSAA rule stating no volunteer coaches, will keep dad out of the dugout. Central's freshman pitcher, I think they call her chicken, pitched Central into the region last year going 3-0 in district tournament and then pitched a super game against Maryville in the Region losing 1-0 in 9 innings.

I agree, Coach Cox does have a proven record even before the "Dad" showed up. But to anyone that watched the distric or regional games know the "Dad" is the only one that "darling Debbie" listens too---- Shoot, you couldnt even hear Coach Cox or the fans for that matter over "Dear-ol-Dad" most of the games----- How long is Coach Cox going to put up with this? They dun left 1 program because the coach couldnt be influenced, should be interesting to see if they finish up at Central or moooov on to greener pastures-------- /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Where did they go before?

West does have a pretty good pitcher in Wilcox (junior) and should be very competitive this year. TSSAA rule stating no volunteer coaches, will keep dad out of the dugout. Central's freshman pitcher, I think they call her chicken, pitched Central into the region last year going 3-0 in district tournament and then pitched a super game against Maryville in the Region losing 1-0 in 9 innings.

Hmmmm; it the Junior you are talking about is the same one I am thinking of I hope West has a GOOD defence this year. Did she pitch the Karns game in Distric lats season?

I glad to hear that TSSAA made that rule for Centrals sake anyway---- "Chicken" a So this season will get plenty of mound time. She pitched a great game against Maryville last season & if she has developed over the off season should probably be the starting pitcher for Central.

Being kicked out of the dugout & "Darling Debbie" having to fight for pitching time I wonder where "Dear-ol-Dad" & "Darling Debbie" will transfer to next? The kid is a good pitcher, hitter & all around player but its proven they dont like to play second fiddel to anyone-----

Where did they go before?

I thought this was about Powell High School ! This dad is a student of the game and an excellant hitting coach! He expects alot out of kids that play for his teams especially his own kid. There are alot of schools out there that would like to have him leading their program ! You must have been on the losing end of games with him involved to be this bitter. Keep on keepin on "Dug-out-Dad" and "Darling Debbie" ! ! !