Powell High Softball

Rico

Powell won the regular season district championship with 12 wins and only 2 losses. One loss was to Halls and one loss was to Central. Powell had 32 wins and only 10 losses for the entire season. That sounds like a pretty good season to most people. You are an idiot. As they say, "An empty can rattles the loudest." "Those that know the least say the most."

Rattle Rattle-----

With the talent that ruturned in 08 how can you consider not making it back to the "big show" as a good season??? Something dont add up. After going as far as they did in 07 they should have been a shoe-in for the "big show" 08----- BTW, congratz on winning the regular season---- I guess some people likes being the brides made n not the bride------

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rattle Rattle-----

With the talent that ruturned in 08 how can you consider not making it back to the "big show" as a good season??? Something dont add up. After going as far as they did in 07 they should have been a shoe-in for the "big show" 08----- BTW, congratz on winning the regular season---- I guess some people likes being the brides made n not the bride------

Powell won the regular season and also the district tournament. Powell swept the district tournament beating Central Halls and Karns. Powell played Halls three times and beat them twice. Powell put Halls out by squeezing in the winning run in extra innings. This magical coaching job that the Halls coach did is in your fantasy head. Teams do not automatically make it to the state tournament.

Farragut just outhit Powell in the Region game and went on to do well in the state tournament. Sometimes the breaks just dont happen in certain games.

By the way did you ever play ball or do you just get off by talking about it? Is this your "fantasy land?"

k not going to mention any names, but say a certain group of seniors were already on the the "future" and

some certain "tourneys" interfiered w/plans?

powell will be stong this year.........their minds are "all the way"

Harsh comments for a group of Seniors that accomplished more in their four year than any other group in the school's history. This type of comment brings the whole group into a gray area of quiting. Its hard to beat a good team 3 times in one season. Farragut proved by their proformace in the State that they had a very good team. Disappointing yes, quitters no.

k not going to mention any names, but say a certain group of seniors were already on the the "future" and

some certain "tourneys" interfiered w/plans?

powell will be stong this year.........their minds are "all the way"

Wow! Your comment about the '08' seniors might be the most ridiculous I've ever heard on Coach T. You've got to be kidding me! Just because they didn't get to State last year you are going to blame a group of seniors that have been there 2 out of the last 4 seasons?

They still had a good year in '08'. This was even after losing Cassidy Skeen about 2 weeks into the season with a broken foot. It takes alot of breaks to get to the AAA State tournament, and for Powell to do it 2 out of the last 4 years was remarkable! I'd say in the years to come we will look back and realize just how good that group was.

I hope that Powell has a great season in '09' and many more in the future.

GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY PANTHERS!

Wow! Your comment about the '08' seniors might be the most ridiculous I've ever heard on Coach T. You've got to be kidding me! Just because they didn't get to State last year you are going to blame a group of seniors that have been there 2 out of the last 4 seasons?

They still had a good year in '08'. This was even after losing Cassidy Skeen about 2 weeks into the season with a broken foot. It takes alot of breaks to get to the AAA State tournament, and for Powell to do it 2 out of the last 4 years was remarkable! I'd say in the years to come we will look back and realize just how good that group was.

I hope that Powell has a great season in '09' and many more in the future.

GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY PANTHERS!

Execllent post, well said !!

Execllent post, well said !!

glad we don't have a "mr knowitall" here, thus some of our east tn teams "sneeking up" on the competition.... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

oh, but they way i spent all day watching the powell play day....i was so amazed, kept watching different games....so much talletn in east tn /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, everywhere i looked......

Powell won the regular season district championship with 12 wins and only 2 losses. One loss was to Halls and one loss was to Central. Powell had 32 wins and only 10 losses for the entire season. That sounds like a pretty good season to most people. You are an idiot. As they say, "An empty can rattles the loudest." "Those that know the least say the most."

powell took down central tonight 3-2