Bearden High School Softball

southeastfastpitch

Leonard was at Bearden last year also. He was at Powell when Heather Peterson was there as the coach, and he stayed one year after she left with Matt Mantz. He is again with Bearden this year as well.

Cant beleive he left Powell after helped building such a great program.Was Bearden any good last year and was he able to have any control like he did at Powell?

As if this district wasn't already tough enough. Another good vetran coach. Between Coach Moore at Farragut, Coach Hawkins at Maryville, and Coach Dowling at Heritage, and now Leonard Sams at Bearden, WB has its work cut out. I think that our own Coach Mitchell can hold her own against them. Welcome Leonard.

Cant beleive he left Powell after helped building such a great program.Was Bearden any good last year and was he able to have any control like he did at Powell?

I dont think it was his choice to leave Powell---- The Panthers have the New coach & AD to thank for that mishap---- /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I dont think it was his choice to leave Powell---- The Panthers have the New coach & AD to thank for that mishap---- /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Headcoach Matnz problem and he was let go. Sams and other asst. coach then took over and lead the team to the State tourn. Powell made the change after the season to hire a new headcoach. New coach did not retain the asst. coaches. Bearden made a smart move.

Headcoach Matnz problem and he was let go. Sams and other asst. coach then took over and lead the team to the State tourn. Powell made the change after the season to hire a new headcoach. New coach did not retain the asst. coaches. Bearden made a smart move.

Thanks for the update. That will be a great addition to Bearden Softball. I will look forward to seeing Leonard this summer on the 18 Gold circuit in Atlanta.

As if this district wasn't already tough enough. Another good vetran coach. Between Coach Moore at Farragut, Coach Hawkins at Maryville, and Coach Dowling at Heritage, and now Leonard Sams at Bearden, WB has its work cut out. I think that our own Coach Mitchell can hold her own against them. Welcome Leonard.

This is Leonard Sams and I want to thank you for the nice comments. This is a great district with so many great coaches. The coaches have all been very supported and I look forward to coaching this year.I beleive that we at Bearden have put a very good coaching staff together with Andi Veler and Renee Brittle to get Bearden back on tract in the future to compete. There are so many teams that are evenly matched in this district it should be a real close battle for the district title again this year. Again, thanks for welcoming me to the district and good luck.