Lenoir City vs Oak Ridge

downtown247

This is the best 1st round game in East TN. Oak Ridge has great tradition and has once again climbed to the top of their district. Lenoir City has shown that they can play with the big boys this season by pulling off late season upsets against Farragut and Maryville. Oak Ridge and LC met in the first round last season. That game ended with an OR victory which turned out to be the starting point of a state tournament run. Oak Ridge is looking to show that they are still among the elites in East TN while LC wants to take the next step in what has been a quick rebuilding process under Wells. Basically this game is traditional power vs upstart program, David vs Goliath, and Rocky vs Apollo. This is sure to be a great 1st round matchup.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best 1st round game in East TN. Oak Ridge has great tradition and has once again climbed to the top of their district. Lenoir City has shown that they can play with the big boys this season by pulling off late season upsets against Farragut and Maryville. Oak Ridge and LC met in the first round last season. That game ended with an OR victory which turned out to be the starting point of a state tournament run. Oak Ridge is looking to show that they are still among the elites in East TN while LC wants to take the next step in what has been a quick rebuilding process under Wells. Basically this game is traditional power vs upstart program, David vs Goliath, and Rocky vs Apollo. This is sure to be a great 1st round matchup.

Don't know if it is the best matchup in East Tennessee, but I am sure it will be a good game. I predict LC by 8.

Oak Ridge by 10. OR will have a hard time with Hood, but OR is quite athletic and should be able to control the other LC players.

Both coaches are good, and it will be interesting to see their adjustments.

You might be right, I just dont think they can stop Hood enough to win. The other players for LC are pretty good too. When he wants to Bobby Ault can drive by anyone in the region, Bearden included. Powers can shoot the lights out when he is open, the point guard can handle the ball extremely well. The bench is not great, but it is filled with role players that get the job done. I still say LC by 8.