BGA Basketball next year

BAeagles123

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be good next year... better, I don't know, but the future looks pretty bright as I heard they have a 6'8" 8th grader that saw varsity time this year and started on JV... Apparently he isn't just a stiff either, he is good.

his name is cole harrison and he is the most uncoordinated kid i have ever seen in my life. this is coming from someone who has seen brad hulker.

i would say that either mba or ensworth will win the region

MBA returns virtually their entire 17-8 team. The highly touted Junior class will lead the way but will be supported by a strong freshman class and some select sophomores. The Juniors return leading scorer Mobley, tough point guard Paslick, versatile swingmen Colbert & Sietz and frontline tough guys Bars and Lassing. Freshmen point guard Simonis and swingman Blackwell played big time minutes this past year and will play bigger roles next. Mid-season transfer 6'7" freshman Howard and 6'7" freshman Watts will provide the Big Red an added presence in the middle. The sophomores lead a JV team that lost only one game last season. The Big Red should be talented and deep but it's all on paper right now. It will be interesting to see how their summer basketball goes.

Ensworth looks to reload rather than rebuild. With McFadden back and McDermott having such a great season, they look to be very good again. Hill and Carter should begin to round out a pretty strong starting five.

BA and Father Ryan could surprise but are both looking more like a rebuilding effort. Both teams have good guard play but will be searching for front line stability. BGA still will have solid guard play with Shellnut leading the way. JPII will be searching for some answers. From out in the state, Baylor loses some really talented Seniors, but McCallie was very young last year and will show improvement and might surprise teams.

MBA will be good. But didnt ensworth lose their entire starting lineup?

Ensworth played a 10 or so player rotation most nights. They are graduating several game breaking types of seniors and will be a different type of team next year but these returning guys can play. All of them have extensive AAU experience and seem ready to take the reins. I believe they will be talented enough to beat anyone on any given night - that includes the emerging powerhouse at MBA.