Best Golfers in midstate

BAeagles123

I have never laughed so hard in my entire life.

First, who ever said Trey Tarpley is the best player in the mid-state is crazy. Trey is a great kid, but isn't even the best player on Hendersonville's team. That honor, in my opinion, goes to Carson Jacobs.

Second, who ever is talking about McGavock Golf should really look in to what mid-state golf is all about.

Having been around Mid-State High School Golf a lot over these last few years, here is my top 10 in no particular order

1)Payne Denman (DeKalb County High School)

2)Tyler Smith (Franklin Road Academy)

3)Brett Patterson (?)

4)Steven Coffelt (?)

5)Cole Parrish (Ensworth)

6)Dylan Hopper (Mount Juliet High School)

7)Carson Jacobs (Hendersonville High School)

8)Tanner Taddeo (Pope John Paul II)

9)Warren Cheyney (Father Ryan)

10)Tyler LeRoy (Montgomery Bell Academy)

The Mid-State is always packed with talent. It's players like the above that make me somewhat glad I am done with Junior Golf. Plain and simple I was tired of getting whipped by the guys every summer. If I had to pick a Mid-State player of the year I couldn't pick just one. So many of these kids are qualified enough to win. They are all great players and will all do very well at the next level.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

If the list is three, there's only three names: Payne Denman, Korey Smith, and Brett Patterson. As for which is better, well, if they all went head-to-head, it would depend who putts better for that particular day. Neither is a better ball striker than the other. It's unfortunate Payne can't join Korey and Brett at the state tournament. That would would be something to see!

If the list is longer, I believe it's a distant fourth whoever it is. These three young players have risen to the top in their respective divisions, and deserve to be there. Hard work, perserverence, and God given talent are present in all three.

You'll have to find out when they'll match up at an AJGA this summer or something to see them go at it head-to-head. Might be worth checking into.

The area as a whole is going to be down this year. There will still be a few great players, but after this year, the Murfreesboro area, at least, is going to lack some talent. It'll be a couple of years before the talent pool deepens in Murfreesboro again.

There's one "new" coach that may make a difference at a lower level, but that remains to be seen. There's a group of good young players coming up, but they are still a few years from high school. A coach like this will help these kids get ready for the high school level and beyond. Oakland High School will reap the benefits of his abilities as a player and as a coach. Any guesses?

I have never laughed so hard in my entire life.

First, who ever said Trey Tarpley is the best player in the mid-state is crazy. Trey is a great kid, but isn't even the best player on Hendersonville's team. That honor, in my opinion, goes to Carson Jacobs.

Second, who ever is talking about McGavock Golf should really look in to what mid-state golf is all about.

Having been around Mid-State High School Golf a lot over these last few years, here is my top 10 in no particular order

1)Payne Denman (DeKalb County High School)

2)Tyler Smith (Franklin Road Academy)

3)Brett Patterson (?)

4)Steven Coffelt (?)

5)Cole Parrish (Ensworth)

6)Dylan Hopper (Mount Juliet High School)

7)Carson Jacobs (Hendersonville High School)

8)Tanner Taddeo (Pope John Paul II)

9)Warren Cheyney (Father Ryan)

10)Tyler LeRoy (Montgomery Bell Academy)

The Mid-State is always packed with talent. It's players like the above that make me somewhat glad I am done with Junior Golf. Plain and simple I was tired of getting whipped by the guys every summer. If I had to pick a Mid-State player of the year I couldn't pick just one. So many of these kids are qualified enough to win. They are all great players and will all do very well at the next level.

What about Korey Smith from Riverdale? He's gotta be on this list. Probably #2 or #3, maybe #1 if he sets his mind to it.