Raleigh-Egypt

eyeonu

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classy team, worked hard today. They have improved a lot since I saw them in Alabama over Christmas.

Their game with Walker Valley will be a good one.

Excellent observation, CoachT.

-----------------------------------------------------

That's the one constant about Raleigh Egypt--they work hard, pay attention to the little things, scratch and claw then find a way to pull out the close games.

Raleigh Egypt is not a super-athletic or very big team. They are certaintly one of the smaller AAA teams out of Mphs--they are just simply not very impressive-looking, at all. Yet, they usually hold their own against bigger, better-looking and more athletic teams. In addition, they posess that Timex watch, "blue collar, lunch bucket" mentality which, when coupled with solid team play and execution....Raleigh Egypt just always manages to find a way to grind it out and get the job done. Period.

The funny thing is....Opponents are usually left wondering something like, "how on earth did we lose to THAT team bleepity-bleep team!" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yep, that's the Raleigh Egypt Pharaohs, from Mphs Tennessee.

Reliable. Nothing fancy, just plain ol' vanilla: Show up. Clock-in. Go to work. Do the job. Win a ballgame. Clock-out. Go home. Eat some chicken.... See ya' tomorrow. Do it all over again...

-----------------------------------------------

And to borrow a line from the late "Aunt Ester" (from the TV show, Sanford & Son), famously uttered during her Church's chicken commercial......

Raleigh-Egypt, 33 wins -- 2 losses...... "ya' gotta love it!!!" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That's the one constant about Raleigh Egypt--they work hard, pay attention to the little things, scratch and claw then find a way to pull out the close games.

Raleigh Egypt is not a super-athletic or very big team. They are certaintly one of the smaller AAA teams out of Mphs--they are just simply not very impressive-looking, at all. Yet, they usually hold their own against bigger, better-looking and more athletic teams. In addition, they posess that Timex watch, "blue collar, lunch bucket" mentality which, when coupled with solid team play and execution....Raleigh Egypt just always manages to find a way to grind it out and get the job done. Period.

The funny thing is....Opponents are usually left wondering something like, "how on earth did we lose to THAT team bleepity-bleep team!" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Reliable. Nothing fancy, just plain ol' vanilla: Show up. Clock-in. Go to work. Do the job. Win a ballgame. Clock-out. Go home. Eat some chicken.... See ya' tomorrow. Do it all over again...

And to borrow a line from the late "Aunt Ester" (from the TV show, Sanford & Son), famously uttered during her Church's chicken commercial......

Raleigh-Egypt, 33 wins -- 2 losses...... "ya' gotta love it!!!" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Trader you are right on. ALso Anthony Jones has to be the best not talked about player in the BORO

Trader you are right on. ALso Anthony Jones has to be the best not talked about player in the BORO

You can say that again, Terop!

Anthony Jones has some serious game. He is very often the best player on the floor, in my observation.

----------------------------------------------------------------

When I saw him at Craigmont, it was VERY obvious that this undersized PF was Raleigh Egypt's "Mr. Clutch." That dude is as poised as any player could ever be, has some very slick post moves. His basketball I.Q. is extremely high.

I love watching Anthony Jones play. He justs needs to watch his fouling, so that he can stay in the game.

You can say that again, Terop!

Anthony Jones has some serious game. He is very often the best player on the floor, in my observation.

----------------------------------------------------------------

When I saw him at Craigmont, it was VERY obvious that this undersized PF was Raleigh Egypt's "Mr. Clutch." That dude is as poised as any player could ever be, has some very slick post moves. His basketball I.Q. is extremely high.

I love watching Anthony Jones play. He justs needs to watch his fouling, so that he can stay in the game.

HAHA yea every game he is in foul trouble. He had 4 at the end of the 3rd tonight. A lot of his fouls come from reaching in going for the steal, to get that break away dunk. He has d, handles, hops, can shoot the 3ball and a high bball IQ.

You here all the hype about Memphis basketball, but this team was a dissappointment from that sense... they are just what you say - and there's nothing wrong with that... saying that - their athleticism hurt Beech's offensive game due to making them rush some shots... but the Buccaneers missed enough free throws to win the game plain and simple, vanilla if you will! I think the best two teams played in this game... which is why I don't like the blind draw, but there's no way to accurately rank teams anyway (Bearden!!)

You here all the hype about Memphis basketball, but this team was a dissappointment from that sense... they are just what you say - and there's nothing wrong with that... saying that - their athleticism hurt Beech's offensive game due to making them rush some shots... but the Buccaneers missed enough free throws to win the game plain and simple, vanilla if you will! I think the best two teams played in this game... which is why I don't like the blind draw, but there's no way to accurately rank teams anyway (Bearden!!)

3-6 I might have disagree with you slightly. Beech was just flat out missing wide open threes on the drive and kick. RE is the real deal. My thing on the state tourney is that with the open gym and neutral sight, it keeps a lot of teams in the ball game. With that said everyone has to play on the same court and shoot on the same goal. Beech had a nice game plan and I was wondering why it took Coach Adams so long to stall to get them out of the 1-3-1

HAHA yea every game he is in foul trouble. He had 4 at the end of the 3rd tonight. A lot of his fouls come from reaching in going for the steal, to get that break away dunk. He has d, handles, hops, can shoot the 3ball and a high bball IQ.

I've only seen him 7 times this season. I agree with the hops, 3 ball, and defense. But the handles? He's not horrible, but definitely nothing that jumps out at you. And how in the world is his basketball I.Q. so high that you all keep mentioning it, yet he's ALWAYS IN FOUL TROUBLE?????????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He's fun to watch though. He seems like Chris Douglas-Roberts to me: not necessarily highly skilled at everything but just finds ways to produce with the best of em.

3-6 I might have disagree with you slightly. Beech was just flat out missing wide open threes on the drive and kick. RE is the real deal. My thing on the state tourney is that with the open gym and neutral sight, it keeps a lot of teams in the ball game. With that said everyone has to play on the same court and shoot on the same goal. Beech had a nice game plan and I was wondering why it took Coach Adams so long to stall to get them out of the 1-3-1

I am not saying RE isn't good - they are - but I've seen Melrose with 6'10 guys, etc... all I'm saying is I was "expecting" more.... they are good - but not as good as I thought they would be... the gym is actually horrible.. too much light from outside comes in on one end and the other end has drapes over the glass so it is dark... the teams that shoot on that end don't shoot very well due to the light and the fact that HS kids aren't used to the background anyway - you add the bright light and that makes it real tough... i was on the floor and saw it for myself

and by the way, beech did not come out of the 1-3-1... and they won't.... i've seen them play a few times, even games they lost and when teams stall they stay in it and chase the ball around... most teams will throw it away or take a dumb shot... RE was the more athletic team and when Beech plays teams like that they don't do well from outside - those 3's they missed weren't wide open - there were hands in there face on most... NE reminds me of RE but they aren't as good and disciplined as RE, but physically they are similar... RE's coach must do a good job of getting them to play like he wants them to play - in other words the cart ain't leadin' the horse - I was impressed with RE and like it was said - they clock in and get it done.. also - the kids seemed to be good kids - no trash talking, etc in the game and saw the after the game and congratulated them up on the concourse and they were very polite... i hope they win it all