Shot clocks in HS basketball..what do you think?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know in the past, this topic has come up. Has anyone heard anything lately about it? Do you guys/gals think it is a good idea and if so, how long 45 sec? 35 sec???

is it not exciting enough? i think it is i dont want shot clocks. if it aint broke dont fix it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you want to see the debate for a shot clock in high school basketball then you should search back around 3 weeks or so and you will find 13 pages or so about the same topic that has been dissected and debated for and against a shot clock. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I played college basketball with a shot clock and i loved it !!! It forced both teams to really play everytime they touched the ball. I think it helps the better team to win and forces coaches to re-think their game plan. As with anything there are good and bad things about it. just my .02 cent worth. I liked it.

I played college basketball with a shot clock and i loved it !!! It forced both teams to really play everytime they touched the ball. I think it helps the better team to win and forces coaches to re-think their game plan. As with anything there are good and bad things about it. just my .02 cent worth. I liked it.

Yea me to

Yea me to

Im glad to see someone agrees with me, lol. Most people hate the idea of a shot clock.

Yes, we were college players, not high school kids but I am a female and the womens

game is usually slower than the mens game but yet we still were able to runs good

quality offenses with the 30 second shot clock. I dont see any reason a mens high

school team could not do the same with a 35 second shot clock

What do you guys think?