Pat Nailen Classic Freestyle/Greco Tournament

miniB

Great trip to west side of the state! Great tournament with good competition and very well ran. Looks like the boys from the west are getting much better.

One thing I don't understand is how "known" high school coaches were allowed to coach their "own" kids. Correct me if wrong, but isn't this the period where high school coaches are not supposed to have "contact" or give instruction during matches or during a practice?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great trip to west side of the state! Great tournament with good competition and very well ran. Looks like the boys from the west are getting much better.

One thing I don't understand is how "known" high school coaches were allowed to coach their "own" kids. Correct me if wrong, but isn't this the period where high school coaches are not supposed to have "contact" or give instruction during matches or during a practice?

Yeah, there were about 7 violations going on out there. Not sure what they were thinking

Yeah, there were about 7 violations going on out there. Not sure what they were thinking

You guys are nuts. All we are tying to do is get better. Heck, we can't even compete with all you guys. If you don't like us getting better then stay on your side of the state. I bet we are not doing anything different than you guys are. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

You guys are nuts. All we are tying to do is get better. Heck, we can't even compete with all you guys. If you don't like us getting better then stay on your side of the state. I bet we are not doing anything different than you guys are. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

That guy may be a little nuts /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> but the rest of your statement couldn't even be more wrong with reference to the poster you quoted.

And there are groups from all areas of the state that are doing it the "right" way and having non-high school coaches coach the kids in the off-season, regardless of whether they agree with the rule.

I don't blame them one bit for being aggravated when they see others not following the rules because I am willing to bet most of their high school coaches would love to be involved as well.

Who is "WE" that's trying to get better? Not sure the exact number of teams that were there and where they were all from, but I can tell you what I observed. Shane and Rabbit (Soddy Daisy) are NOT high school coaches. Higher Calling (Cleveland) didn't even have a coach there, the wrestlers were coaching each other. West Tenn. (CBHS) Baker, Baucke, Hataway and House none of which are high school coaches. If CBHS, Cleveland and Soddy's coach was there, I must have missed them.

Who ever YOU are.......you are doing something different!! It's called breaking the rules in an attempt to get better!!

Who is "WE" that's trying to get better? Not sure the exact number of teams that were there and where they were all from, but I can tell you what I observed. Shane and Rabbit (Soddy Daisy) are NOT high school coaches. Higher Calling (Cleveland) didn't even have a coach there, the wrestlers were coaching each other. West Tenn. (CBHS) Baker, Baucke, Hataway and House none of which are high school coaches. If CBHS, Cleveland and Soddy's coach was there, I must have missed them.

Who ever YOU are.......you are doing something different!! It's called breaking the rules in an attempt to get better!!

and now we are into illegal suppliments in an attempt to get better /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nooga

Don't let the Fly bother you. You had a fair and pointed observation. West TN wrestling was ecstatic to have you travel from the East to this tournament (and all other out of town teams that traveled). "WE" hope you will return in the future and "We" look forward to traveling to your backyard. Fly had a Clinton-Obamaisk response to your question....don't answer, but attack the person who dared question. I just hope ya'll stopped in at the Commissary and filled up on BBQ and Ribs, before you headed out.

Nooga

Don't let the Fly bother you. You had a fair and pointed observation. West TN wrestling was ecstatic to have you travel from the East to this tournament (and all other out of town teams that traveled). "WE" hope you will return in the future and "We" look forward to traveling to your backyard. Fly had a Clinton-Obamaisk response to your question....don't answer, but attack the person who dared question. I just hope ya'll stopped in at the Commissary and filled up on BBQ and Ribs, before you headed out.

Thanks Jethro,

The Fly isn't gonna bother me......Flies are always involved with a bunch of sh........ oops, I mean .....crap!!

Hopefully I'll be back! Let me say again the tournament was great! The hosts were great.

The BBQ is awesome!

I too will jump in and say I thought the tournament was excellent. Of course you can always want a bigger turnout but that is just being greedy for the competition on our parts... the state was well represented yesterday. I am really hoping for similar or better turnouts at all of the tourneys this year (especially the other two of the Big Three).

There was some excellent competition in the gymn with a lot of very good wrestlers hitting the mat. I also think that what is quite possible the three best 8th graders in the state were all there competing yesterday as well. Those kids are going to be fun to watch develop.

I think it was the 125 or 130 Junior Greco bracket (don't quote me on the weight) was a lot of fun to watch with lots of upsets in there... the winner of that one earned his Greco OW in my opinion.

I hope that the young wrestler who was the only serious injury of the day is recovering well now.

I too will jump in and say I thought the tournament was excellent. Of course you can always want a bigger turnout but that is just being greedy for the competition on our parts... the state was well represented yesterday. I am really hoping for similar or better turnouts at all of the tourneys this year (especially the other two of the Big Three).

There was some excellent competition in the gymn with a lot of very good wrestlers hitting the mat. I also think that what is quite possible the three best 8th graders in the state were all there competing yesterday as well. Those kids are going to be fun to watch develop.

I think it was the 125 or 130 Junior Greco bracket (don't quote me on the weight) was a lot of fun to watch with lots of upsets in there... the winner of that one earned his Greco OW in my opinion.

I hope that the young wrestler who was the only serious injury of the day is recovering well now.

I was thinking the 135 Junior bracket was one of the tougest of the entire tournament. 4 top qualilty wrestlers in that bracket