WHITE HOUSE

LARRYBIRD33

Barnes was a really good, heady player, and he is a good kid. I'm not sure he's in that elite class. He might be slightly below most of those guys. But I suppose that those big guys needed somebody to get them the ball. Seth Matlock was a really good player. Heath did the dirty work, was a solid defender and rebounder (and who doesn't have a ton of respect for that), but I believe that Seth was the better player even as a junior. He was just far more polished.

No offense to Mr. Chamberlain, but he played before my day. If he's anywhere in the level of Reece, I can see him mentioned among those other players though. Reece is so good (a total team player) right now and still has a year left.

There have been some other very solid players that have come through that program. They're a solid AA program. It's kind of sad that they have only made two state trips and haven't won a game when they've gotten there.

Andy Corn was always overshadowed by Webster, but what a great athlete and a very good guard.

There have been other solid players (overachievers like Drew Lowery, Danny Stemann), but I can't think of any others in the class of those you mentioned.

Barnes was a really good, heady player, and he is a good kid. I'm not sure he's in that elite class. He might be slightly below most of those guys. But I suppose that those big guys needed somebody to get them the ball. Seth Matlock was a really good player. Heath did the dirty work, was a solid defender and rebounder (and who doesn't have a ton of respect for that), but I believe that Seth was the better player even as a junior. He was just far more polished.

No offense to Mr. Chamberlain, but he played before my day. If he's anywhere in the level of Reece, I can see him mentioned among those other players though. Reece is so good (a total team player) right now and still has a year left.

There have been some other very solid players that have come through that program. They're a solid AA program. It's kind of sad that they have only made two state trips and haven't won a game when they've gotten there.

Andy Corn was always overshadowed by Webster, but what a great athlete and a very good guard.

There have been other solid players (overachievers like Drew Lowery, Danny Stemann), but I can't think of any others in the class of those you mentioned.

I WOULDVE HAD SETH ON THE LIST IF HE HAD STAYED HIS SENIOR YEAR AT WHITE HOUSE INSTEAD OF PLAYING AT H'VILLE BUT HE WAS A GREAT PLAYER REGARDLESS.

I THINK REECES OLDER BROTHER REX COULDVE PLAYED SMALL D1 SOMEWHERE. IVE HEARD COLLEGE COACHES DONT RECRUIT BEECH BECAUSE THEY NEVER GET OUT OF THE 1-3-1 AND THEIR NOT SURE IF THEY CAN PLAY MAN TO MAN DEFENSE OR NOT.

AS FAR AS BARNES GOES HE HAS A GOOD RESUME. A 4 YEAR VARSITY STARTER. 3 TIMES ALL DISTRICT. 3 TIMES ALL REGION . 3 TIMES ALL COUNTY . 3 SECTIONALS. 1 STATE TOURNEY APPEARENCE AND WAS THE CO-MVP OF THE DISTRICT WITH JOHN JENKINS HIS JUNIOR YEAR. BARNES HAD A TOUGH SENIOR YEAR WITH A BAD ANKLE MOST OF THE YEAR AND A BROKEN SHOOTING HAND. HE ALSO WAS THE 1ST PLAYER TO GO OVER 1000 POINTS IN 14 YEARS AT WHITE HOUSE.

WHITE HOUSE HAD A RED HEADED POINT GUARD THAT PLAYED WITH SETH AND HEATH THAT HAD KNEE PROBLEMS THAT WAS A SUPER PLAYER. I CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME BUT HE WAS VERY GOOD.

THE BEST ATHLETE IVE SEEN FOR WHITE HOUSE IN THE TIME THAT IVE WATCHED THEM WAS CALEB DENTON. HE WAS VERY ATHLETIC AND COULD SHOOT THE 3 TO GO ALONG WITH GOOD SIZE FOR A GUARD.

I WOULDVE LOVED TO WATCH JO JO DABBS PLAY . HE STILL MIGHT HAVE THE SUMNER COUNTY SCORING RECORD OVER JOHN JENKINS.

Barnes started when he was a freshman because the team had no guards and was honestly terrible. Mathis will tell you that. Barnes would as well I think. He was a really good player. He would have been a much bigger scorer in a program that didn't have a Steven Jamison and a Rogers Gaines. I just don't believe that Jeremy is in that top-tier elite class. It's kind of strange how that most of the program's best players have been post players.