B A Basketball

hoopmaster

The future of Brentwood Academy basketball looks pretty bright to me. Though they may struggle with a lack of height this upcoming year, their future is bright. With an 8th grade class of 25-0 last season and with several new additions, one might say that a State Championship or two, could be in their future. The one thing I must say about the 8th grade class is that they are built with a group of young men who are quality people first and foremost. This is just my opinion , I could be wrong so what do you think?

• 4 months later...

Hoopmaster ask any of those eight graders about Cole Harrison. They enlighten you. All those eight graders are great kids, some of them more football than basketball players. Mickey Allen did as good as he could to recuit football players first. They went 25-0 because the Harrison kid was starting High school JV and did not play eight grade. The next four years in Williamson county should have some great teams espicially from the private sector.

Dear Libscomb,

For starters, I've seen the Harrison kid play and yes he is I hear about 6'8 right now. But the problem is your team from top to bottom. We have more quality depth I think. If Harrison would have played Middle School last year, the results would have been the same and to prove that, the next four years will be something to look forward to. Isn't healthy competition great? Will he play some JV this year because most of our freshman will be JV and this would be some time for a good friendly rivalry since they all know each other well? From what I understand several ofour kids and Harrison are actually friends. Good Luck.

Hoopmaster