Help

SCHS2008

I was just wanting to no if there are any open coaching clinics or spring and summer practices i can attend this spring and summer. I am only 19 years old but my dream is 2 be a high school football coach. I live in the sevier county and would like to experience a wide variety of other schools and take notes. I played at SCHS for 4 years and graduated in 08. I helped run a K thru 8 football camp for 2 years. I currently attend Walter State and will go on from there to get my teaching degree. Thank you 4 any help you can provide.

I was just wanting to no if there are any open coaching clinics or spring and summer practices i can attend this spring and summer. I am only 19 years old but my dream is 2 be a high school football coach. I live in the sevier county and would like to experience a wide variety of other schools and take notes. I played at SCHS for 4 years and graduated in 08. I helped run a K thru 8 football camp for 2 years. I currently attend Walter State and will go on from there to get my teaching degree. Thank you 4 any help you can provide.

Try to get on as a volunteer Coach. And if you can't do that to volunteer to be the Camera/Video guy. Schools are always looking for someone to film practices.

Best chance is at Alma Mater or at a place where you know someone .. but ask all around. Good luck!

You are in the same place I was in coming out of high school a few years ago. I have helped run a golf clinic, FCA camp, and other sports related things. Going to coaching clinics will help, but it is one of those things you have to check around for. I know App State is just 2 hours from Walter State. They offer a couple of coaching clinics last year, and they offered like individual position coaching clinics such as QB, O and D Linemen, LBs, and RBs. But there is serveral D-IA, DI-AA and DII colleges that have clinics within a few hours Football wise I just showed up and offered to help my old school any way I could, so I have filmed, help run drills, maintance on the field and facilites, help with equipment issues, helped out in the weight room, and the list goes on and on. On game days I have helped the radio team with information, charted, filmed, ran errands before the game, and so on in the box, and this year I got to help on the side lines. If you are going to be a coach after college go ahead and take the volunteer coach quiz on the TSSAA website.