JV Tournament sponsored by West HS

dins8

Just wanted to give a shout out to Coach McCoy for organizing the JV tournament @ Victor Ashe Park. It has been a great experience! Placing so much stock into JV soccer can only help promote the sport. Too often JV is the red-headed step child of HS soccer--they are often ostracized by the varsity, and some varsity coaches rarely show up to JV games. JV players are often young, not fully developed, and insecure. However, they are just as dedicated (if not more so) than varsity players, and they need the support of varisty coaches. They need to know that they, too, are important; they, too, are a part of a program.

One of my best friends constantly says that JV players are the purest of athletes--they are playing for the love of the game, he says, and never playing for the wrong reasons.

Kudos to the coaches and fans that have helped make this tourney a success. Thanks especially to Coach McCoy for making this such a great experience for some of our younger, less experienced players who might soon be our go to guys on varsity.

dins

Did Bearden's JV win it?

Maryville was the winner out of Group 1. We beat CAK, Farragut, and Oak Ridge. Bearden and Hardin Valley had to play this morning at 9 to see who was going to be the winner out of Group 2. I still don't know the outcome of that one.

The final is today at 2:00. It will be Maryville vs. Bearden / Hardin Valley. Should be a good game.

I know my team has had a blast playing these other JV teams from around the region. It's really fun to see what the future of Knoxville area soccer will look like in a few years.

Again, thanks to Coach McCoy for taking the time to organize this tournament and giving JV teams something to play for. Loved the post dins. I don't think I could have said it any better.