Learn this name from MrNoitAll--Unicoi County

MrNoitAll

Folks I have been doin this a long time and for some new folks on here may have never heard of Unicoi County but folks this team here ain't afraid of no rich school by the name of GP. So better not start movin trophies over here in the mid state these ladies will have a lot to say who gets its. Of course you have heard it first from you know who!

The only "MrNoitAll" that keeps up with all of the teams in the mid state and knows more than he likes to share on Coacht about the other part of this fine state! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Always remember the crystal ball is always open to help you decide if your team is a loser or winner! and we have a bunch of losers this year! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Folks I have been doin this a long time and for some new folks on here may have never heard of Unicoi County but folks this team here ain't afraid of no rich school by the name of GP. So better not start movin trophies over here in the mid state these ladies will have a lot to say who gets its. Of course you have heard it first from you know who!

The only "MrNoitAll" that keeps up with all of the teams in the mid state and knows more than he likes to share on Coacht about the other part of this fine state! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Always remember the crystal ball is always open to help you decide if your team is a loser or winner! and we have a bunch of losers this year! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Sorry buddy, they don't have the sticks to hang with GP. Nice team though.............

Sorry buddy, they don't have the sticks to hang with GP. Nice team though.............

"Bestfriend" words cannont explain the respect that I have for you, your fancy house, your big fancy cars, and all of your investment, $$$$$$$$$ and your 401. But these girls are not afraid of the name Goodpasture and I was talkin to an umpire this weekend who has seen them and he said that they are for real. They won the state a few years back and about the only thing to do there is to play softball and these girls ain't bad. Just remember where you heard it first! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Unicoi Co. has a rich tradition in softball and this year they are as strong as ever. I agree with stl that their bats are not as good right now as they normally are, but rest assured that coach Lingerfelt probably has his team working on that as I am posting this. A few of the middle tn posters on here seem reluctant to show e. tn teams any respect. Some would even say that that is the typical arrogance of a few (certainly not all) of the private school supporters who go out & get the best teams money can buy and then talk about how the rest are not very good. We'll save that arguement for the public/private debate thread. But I can promise you one thing - you under estimate Unicoi Co. at your own peril.

"Bestfriend" words cannont explain the respect that I have for you, your fancy house, your big fancy cars, and all of your investment, $$$$$$$$$ and your 401. But these girls are not afraid of the name Goodpasture and I was talkin to an umpire this weekend who has seen them and he said that they are for real. They won the state a few years back and about the only thing to do there is to play softball and these girls ain't bad. Just remember where you heard it first! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I have also seen them play this year, more than once. Like I said, nice team, but don't have the firepower to stay with GP. And I never said they were 'afraid' of GP......

I have also seen them play this year, more than once. Like I said, nice team, but don't have the firepower to stay with GP. And I never said they were 'afraid' of GP......

I have seen many times schools who get intimidated by the past success of others and it puts a little doubt into the minds of the players if they can defeat them or not. In football when you hear the name Brentwood Academy you would think of success when you hear the name Red Boiling Springs you think of losers. Same way with Goodpasture you hear their name and you think wow defendin state champions and all of the great players that they have had in the past and present. But bein from the East or West they do not hear their name as often as we do here in Mid-State. So best friend I am not just sayin remember Unicoi County. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I have seen many times schools who get intimidated by the past success of others and it puts a little doubt into the minds of the players if they can defeat them or not. In football when you hear the name Brentwood Academy you would think of success when you hear the name Red Boiling Springs you think of losers. Same way with Goodpasture you hear their name and you think wow defendin state champions and all of the great players that they have had in the past and present. But bein from the East or West they do not hear their name as often as we do here in Mid-State. So best friend I am not just sayin remember Unicoi County. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Good Morning MrNoitAll!

it is the coach from North Greene. I have to tell you that you have nailed Unicoi!!!! They are awesome!!!! I have to tell you this. We faced them this weekend in a tourney at Morristown. My goal for us was to keep them under 20 runs. However, we beat them 2-1!!!!!! We played the best we have ever played. That was one of the sweetest victories I have ever had. Honestly, I don't think my team realized who they were playing. Unicoi had a few errors and we for the first time all season did not have a single error. Both teams had 5 hits. It was a very intense game.

Unicoi has the best catcher I have seen in many many years. I really enjoyed watching her play. My girls could not get over her intensity. She definitely is the "Quarterback" of that team.

I can guarantee you that nobody from Goodpasture is taking anything for granted when it comes to defending their state titles! Those girls respect every team they come up against, and Coach Phillips has been at this game for long enough to know that anything can happen when you hit the dirt. As for the school being full of "the best teams money can buy", well I sure wish somebody would send some of that money my way when I have to pay that tuition every month. I know that it's our choice to send our daughter there, but we are just thankful that we have the opportunity.

Good Morning MrNoitAll!

it is the coach from North Greene. I have to tell you that you have nailed Unicoi!!!! They are awesome!!!! I have to tell you this. We faced them this weekend in a tourney at Morristown. My goal for us was to keep them under 20 runs. However, we beat them 2-1!!!!!! We played the best we have ever played. That was one of the sweetest victories I have ever had. Honestly, I don't think my team realized who they were playing. Unicoi had a few errors and we for the first time all season did not have a single error. Both teams had 5 hits. It was a very intense game.

Unicoi has the best catcher I have seen in many many years. I really enjoyed watching her play. My girls could not get over her intensity. She definitely is the "Quarterback" of that team.

Well you see this umpire friend that I was talkin about Unicoi said that he has seen them several times like my "bestfriend" has and I know that "birdman" is a honest USA citizen and pays his taxes the right way, not like my neighbor "Buck" you see he is a little dishonest about some things, but sometimes you see "birdman" gets a little excited about us Mid-State teams and does not have the open mind that I wish he had. So I think if any team can put the GP down it will be these ladies and maybe and I said MAYBE Camden! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I too have seen both GP and Unicoi play this season. There is no comparison between the two teams. There were several good teams at the Morristown tourny this past weekend but there were no great teams. If Unicoi wants to play with the big girls they'll have to go to Chattanooga and play in the Soddy tournament or middle TN for one of the tournaments there. I don't mean that as any disprect to them, congrats to them for winning the tournament! But the 4 teams in the semi's at Morristown wouldn't have won more than 1-2 games in the Soddy tournament.

edit to add thanks to the tourny organizers, good job on putting together a quality tournament! It is a nice park with beautiful scenery (rolling hills with the Great Smokey Mtns in the background) and Morristown was a truely a "hidden gem" to those of us who haven't been there before.

I too have seen both GP and Unicoi play this season. There is no comparison between the two teams. There were several good teams at the Morristown tourny this past weekend but there were no great teams. If Unicoi wants to play with the big girls they'll have to go to Chattanooga and play in the Soddy tournament or middle TN for one of the tournaments there. I don't mean that as any disprect to them, congrats to them for winning the tournament! But the 4 teams in the semi's at Morristown wouldn't have won more than 1-2 games in the Soddy tournament.

That is the problem with so many teams they do not go out to the better tourneys here in the Mid-State and play some of these teams. But again if I was them I would think about getting me a hotel room in the "Boro" /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

That is the problem with so many teams they do not go out to the better tourneys here in the Mid-State and play some of these teams. But again if I was them I would think about getting me a hotel room in the "Boro" /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />