soccer getting respect

boonsie20

soccer needs to go to contracts and have fines for teams that cancel like football does. Teams that cancel are showing that soccer is still not an important event in high school sports. This is a shame because the level of players and coaches has got so much better, but we dont respect our own sport by doing this.

While it is frustrating to have a game canceled, there may be reasons that are legitimate to do so. I'm not saying that all cancellations are this way, but sometimes it is out of the programs' hands.

Contracts could be a good thing, though. It also puts on paper the venue and the time, so there is no confusion.

While it is frustrating to have a game canceled, there may be reasons that are legitimate to do so. I'm not saying that all cancellations are this way, but sometimes it is out of the programs' hands.

Contracts could be a good thing, though. It also puts on paper the venue and the time, so there is no confusion.

I totally agree with the contracts. It kills 2 birds with one stone. Puts the venue and time on paper and assures the match will take place. Huge problem with Tennessee soccer IMO.

soccer needs to go to contracts and have fines for teams that cancel like football does. Teams that cancel are showing that soccer is still not an important event in high school sports. This is a shame because the level of players and coaches has got so much better, but we dont respect our own sport by doing this.

I think contract may be the way to go-but for the most part football games are played on Friday nights-soccer played throughout the week with more opportunities for cancellations and more games played as a whole-sometimes you have to cancel to get a district game in-esp in a year like this where their has been so much rain throughout the region.

Just my opinion