Catholic Vs. Alcoa

soccerfan17

First and most important, congratulations to Coach Gorman and the Alcoa Tornados on a job very well done!

While it doesn't sound like either side fully "appreciated" the officials, it does sound like both sides left it all out on the pitch. Again, well done!

I know it is very sad for the Irish faithful as this will be the first time since the year 2000 that Catholic soccer has not advanced to the State Tournament. Alas, all good things must come to an end and this year the Irish will have to learn to "wait until next year."

Now, the part about tomorrow---the A/AA State Soccer Championship is very nearly a Region 2 "Right of Spring". I know our friends at CAK will be involved in the championship (isn't that right G?). Now we wish (expect?) Alcoa to make it another all-Region 2 final. Go Tornados! The trophy belongs in Region 2!

As for the Irish, hold your heads up and start getting ready for next year. You lost to a fine team and you will owe them a little pay back next season when you start your next 9 year run of State Tournaments. Go Irish! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an amazing game to watch. Concerning officials, both teams could find a good deal to complain about if they decided to. As in most games, if either team had converted more of the opportunities they had, the officials would not have had any impact at all. I can't think of a game where both teams had more balls role just outside a post, right across the goal mouth, or had point blank shots shanked. If either team had made even one of these chances, there would never have been any over time or golden goal opportunities.

I felt for the Catholic players as they lay on the field after the game. Mothers of these same players were in the stands shedding tears. I remember how painful our season ending loss was last year.

Both team are obviously very talented, very well coached and have a tremendous amount of courage and grit. In a game like this someone had to win and someone had to lose. Learning to win and lose with grace is what makes sports such a life experience and teaches young men and young woman how to handle difficult situations.

I applaud both teams and both coaches. Well Done!

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Not sure which is my upset call this one or CAK vs Carter.

Since I think Carter has a bigger hill to climb talent wise, I will call this one Alcoa 2 Catholic 1...

You go, you go You Tommy coach you go!!

Well, I called this right . Carter's hill was to big to climb but dream almost came true and I called Alcoa over Catholic by 1(ok my score was 2-1) but my prediction was right.........Want my CAK vs, ALCOA prediction I go with Coach Tom G! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No upset here no matter who wins.

Bearden vs Farragut Farragut by at least 1

AlcoaDad,

I alway enjoy reading your posts. Well said. And good luck the rest of the way. I will be pulling for you guys. You have a great team! Well coached!!!!

Thanks Coach!!!

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

i must say that im glad that i made it out to this one, it was an amazing game! hats off to both alcoa, one of the best games ive ever seen.

BUT back to this, do you really want to talk about no calls? what about when alcoas number 12, brodus i believe, was grabbed by the catholic keep, grabbed by a defender as well, and then pinned down under the both of them? was there a pk called? and then the catholic pk, not only was there minor contact, how could the ref not see the obvious flop? if your going to complain about no calls, you should probably remember that alcoa probably has a whole lot more to complain about

im not complaining at all i just hate to see a ref have a huge impact on a game where two top teams are playing their hearts out. take away the bad pk call and the two no calls and u have yourself a one to one game. alcoa is an excellent team and i hope they go all the way this year and take cak down on their way.