Maryville Soccer

MHSParent

Once again the Rebels are at home while their district rivals, Farragut and Bearden, are headed to the Boro. Just wanted to thank the seniors on this team and give them and the Maryville program a little bit of recognition. Most would acknowledge that District 4 is one of the state's toughest. That said, since 2004 Maryville's record against Bearden is 3 w's, 3 l's and 2 d's. Dead even. The picture against Farragut is more bleak: 0-9-1. Five of those losses were by one goal. Three were in the district tournament--in 2005, 0-1 overtime/PK loss; in 2008 2-3 loss in 2nd 10 minute OT and a 0-1 loss this year. So, coaches and players you are oh so close--keep working. And for Teddy, Watson and Ryan our 3 seniors--it's been great watching you all on the pitch and also seeing your development into solid citizens. You guys had a very nice senior season with wins against Catholic, Houston, CAK, Alcoa Oak Ridge and a tie against Bearden. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

And for Bearden and Farragut, good luck and bring another one back! Heart pulls for Bearden/head says Farragut.

Once again the Rebels are at home while their district rivals, Farragut and Bearden, are headed to the Boro. Just wanted to thank the seniors on this team and give them and the Maryville program a little bit of recognition. Most would acknowledge that District 4 is one of the state's toughest. That said, since 2004 Maryville's record against Bearden is 3 w's, 3 l's and 2 d's. Dead even. The picture against Farragut is more bleak: 0-9-1. Five of those losses were by one goal. Three were in the district tournament--in 2005, 0-1 overtime/PK loss; in 2008 2-3 loss in 2nd 10 minute OT and a 0-1 loss this year. So, coaches and players you are oh so close--keep working. And for Teddy, Watson and Ryan our 3 seniors--it's been great watching you all on the pitch and also seeing your development into solid citizens. You guys had a very nice senior season with wins against Catholic, Houston, CAK, Alcoa Oak Ridge and a tie against Bearden. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

And for Bearden and Farragut, good luck and bring another one back! Heart pulls for Bearden/head says Farragut.

Really nice post!! I think you are exactly right- they are in the toughest district and they are competing with the best. Only losing 3 seniors makes next year bright indeed! I had posted on the top sophmores earlier in the year- I had Austin Pugh as on of the 5 that really, really impress me.....and I totally forgot one of them- Josh Manor- another great sophmore that has a great soccer future in front of him. Just remember, about 10 years ago, Bearden and Farragut were about the only teams that had a huge pool of players from competative club teams- but that has changed. They (Maryville) are getting as much talent as the rest of the schools....so it is getting more balanced all the time! The bad thing is that Bearden has a very young team also and next year looks bright for them too. Keep it up- it only makes the whole district better and better. I would like to add that I think Maryville plays a really good game of soccer. Not kick ball, they move the ball well and I always enjoy watching them!! Good luck Maryville.

Now Maryville has to prepare for the 3 losses thye will take in football this year...................times (and conferences) are changing!!!!! ( To be specific- Farragut, Bearden and Catholic beat them this year) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />