East Hickman Baseball?

1stdown

Someone fill us in on this.......but, I understand that the powers at be in Hickman County have reared their ugly heads again? They have just terminated their second baseball coach in 2 years. How does anyone expect East Hickman to be successful in anything if they keep getting rid of coaches at a record pace? Someone from The Eastside please elaborate. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

where do i start. Coach Shane Britt was the real deal he knows baseball and how to coach. But we have a guy thats trying or is going to be the new AD and he had to make a name for him self to the great DR.

Coach Britt was a no nonsence kind of guy and would not let people walk all over him . He made some fellow teachers and coachts mad. And this was an easy way for david to make himself the popular choice for AD.

this is my story .maybe someone else has more of the fact than me .

But Coach Britt wont be looking for job long . East Hickman baseball players are the only one this hurts.

As far as who this helps dave and only dave.

I don't know him but he took the time to say something nice to my kid after a game when he didn't have to. Not a lot of coaches do that.

where do i start. Coach Shane Britt was the real deal he knows baseball and how to coach. But we have a guy thats trying or is going to be the new AD and he had to make a name for him self to the great DR.

Coach Britt was a no nonsence kind of guy and would not let people walk all over him . He made some fellow teachers and coachts mad. And this was an easy way for david to make himself the popular choice for AD.

this is my story .maybe someone else has more of the fact than me .

But Coach Britt wont be looking for job long . East Hickman baseball players are the only one this hurts.

As far as who this helps dave and only dave.

I know a couple of facts, Fact # 1 , The Supt. of Schools in Hickman County is Dr. Jerry Nash, he is feared by all School Board members, Principles,Teachers and most Students.there is a reason he is feared so much, he is known for being a micro manager, he does not supervise the school system, he rules it by tyranical acts. anybody that challenges his authority or questions any of his shady moves are cast out, and ran off. # 2 Dr. Jerry Nash cited the reason in the Hickman county times that Coach Britt was forced to resign was , tobacco use on the baseball field, defiant to the Principle, and useing foul language toward the kids. # 3 , Coach Britt quit tobbacco use back in January, he has not had 1 single speck of dip in his mouth since he quit, # 4, I have heard him yell at the kids, many times, he has yelled at my son and my son deserved it. BUT I have never heard this man use a "cuss" word toward any of the kids. # 5, as far as being defient to to Principle, our Principle is a good man , I think he speaks the truth, he has stated to the concerned parents he has never written Coach Britt up, or had any instances where he was defient to him. Has Coach Britt rubbed some people wrong, yes, I think the people he rubbed wrong were use to getting thier way, or pushing people around. Coach Britt will not lay down and let someone push him around, he stands up for himself. It is called being a man. I do not know......but I strongly feel that the new Incoming Atheletic Director had a big hand in feeding Dr. Nash the info to make his decision. The New Atheletic Director has approached Dr. Nash during a School board meeting trying to get one of his "buddies" in as the Baseball coach, but as we all know in our County, Dr. Nash will make that decision. Somebody was filling Dr. Nash's head with lies about this good man, Coach Britt. , and we feel it was the new Atheletic Director, will we ever know? who knows. Dr. Nash has not been to one game of East Hickman High School Baseball, so he can only go by what he is told. Our School board is too spineless to stand up to him, so we are dead in the water. I am very angry about this, I am embarrased by the wrong doings that was allowed to take place in the name of Hickman County School System . It is wrong...

Isn't there due diligence in making these sort of accusations? Doesn't Coach have his 'day in court'? Smells like wrongful termination.

I don't have a pony in this show, but I can't beleive that they would fire such a good baseball guy. East Hickman must not care anything about it's baseball program.

I don't have a pony in this show, but I can't beleive that they would fire such a good baseball guy. East Hickman must not care anything about it's baseball program.

East Hickman Cares about its Baseball program, Every School Board member has been contacted about this. They state that this is not a School board issue, personally I think it is bull..... they are scared of the Supt. that they appointed to the position. If something is being done wrong, lies are being told,and a good teacher/coach is being treated like this, I would think our School board is responsible. The Newspaper has been contacted, people are upset.

Coach Britt was and is a great coach. I have no doubt that he will soon have another job. Our school system was blessed to have him but there are a few within our system that doesn't understand the meaning of "count your blessings". The children of this community are getting the shaft once again and this is very upsetting to me. As of Sunday...I will no longer have any children within the school system and for this reason I am blessed! I just don't think I could take much more. It is time that our community take a stand....one man having all the power is not working! At one time the people of this county elected their School Superintendent.....now he is appointed...we need to get this back to being elected and then maybe the "elected" will be willing to hear the voice of the people instead of getting his information from his chosen few that would not know the truth if it slapped them in the face.