Who is the state's top player

Indian

Who is the state's top player  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the state's top player

Not necessarily top prospect, but who is the state's best player regardless of classification, grade or position? If picking other, please be specific and that player will be counted in the total. All players are seniors unless noted. Feel free to pick someone else, this is just a starting point as there's clearly more than a dozen top level players in the state. Also don't avoid picking a player just because they didn't sign Division I. Most of the best will sign in that level but some slip for whatever reason, including some to junior college for a couple of years. And there's no need to badmouth any of the choices.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the world would anyone start a thread like this? What will it prove? .......................................nothing. You really think people won't bad mouth choices?! Get ready.........................!

Why in the world would anyone care that this thread got started! Just vote or get off it. Like any other thread here, its just opinion! Thats all it is asking for!

Why in the world would anyone care that this thread got started! Just vote or get off it. Like any other thread here, its just opinion! Thats all it is asking for!

I hope you got your "vote" in and feel all better about it......

These girls' play should speak for itself. Signing with the schools they have signed with should speak volumes. Good luck to ALL of them.

Why in the world would anyone start a thread like this? What will it prove? .......................................nothing. You really think people won't bad mouth choices?! Get ready.........................!

Why not call Gatorade and tell them to skip Tennessee this year when they choose the top softball player from each state. It is possible to give praise to individuals without putting down others, and just because any one gets singled out doesn't mean those voting feel others are terrible.

Kat Banks, Beech P, Virginia Tech signee [ 3 ] [17.65%]

Kelsey Cartwright, Goodpasture SS, Auburn signee [ 10 ] [58.82%]

Caralissa Connell Siegel P, JR, Louisville commitment [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Nina Davenport, Baylor OF, MTSU signee [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Megan Givens, GPS, OF, Tennessee signee [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Whitney Hammond, GPS, OF, Tennessee signee [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Kelsey Nunley, Soddy-Daisy P, FR, City Player of Year [ 1 ] [5.88%]

Alice O'Brien, Riverdale, OF, Kentucky signee [ 1 ] [5.88%]

Ellen Renfroe, Trinity, P, JR, Tennessee commitment [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Ivy Renroe, Trinity, P, Tennessee signee [ 1 ] [5.88%]

Ashia Terry, Riverdale, OF, MTSU signee [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Please tell who and more importantly how you pick the first 11 to start the list?

Why not call Gatorade and tell them to skip Tennessee this year when they choose the top softball player from each state. It is possible to give praise to individuals without putting down others, and just because any one gets singled out doesn't mean those voting feel others are terrible.

I am quite sure that Gatorade will have a lot of statistics to base their decision on.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, I will just agree to disagree. I have just read in other posts where some people take offense to one player being singled out in the newspapers. People just have to keep in mind that the girls have nothing to do with what is written about them.............just seems like this is giving those people more ammunition.

I am quite sure that Gatorade will have a lot of statistics to base their decision on.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, I will just agree to disagree. I have just read in other posts where some people take offense to one player being singled out in the newspapers. People just have to keep in mind that the girls have nothing to do with what is written about them.............just seems like this is giving those people more ammunition.

I agree to disagree,Softball And Politics in my opinion have never been a great mix.

Kat Banks, Beech P, Virginia Tech signee [ 3 ] [17.65%]

Kelsey Cartwright, Goodpasture SS, Auburn signee [ 10 ] [58.82%]

Caralissa Connell Siegel P, JR, Louisville commitment [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Nina Davenport, Baylor OF, MTSU signee [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Megan Givens, GPS, OF, Tennessee signee [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Whitney Hammond, GPS, OF, Tennessee signee [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Kelsey Nunley, Soddy-Daisy P, FR, City Player of Year [ 1 ] [5.88%]

Alice O'Brien, Riverdale, OF, Kentucky signee [ 1 ] [5.88%]

Ellen Renfroe, Trinity, P, JR, Tennessee commitment [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Ivy Renroe, Trinity, P, Tennessee signee [ 1 ] [5.88%]

Ashia Terry, Riverdale, OF, MTSU signee [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Please tell who and more importantly how you pick the first 11 to start the list?

Level of school signed with or verbal commitment, school team success and individual success. Yes, there's a lot more that could be on it. I had around a dozen more in mind other than these. That's what the "other" vote is for. Yes, a lot of votes will be for players who are more familiar to site visitors in their own areas of the state, or who play in their team's district. This isn't a crucial issue by any means, anyone thinking it will cause drama can just not choose to vote. It's just something to talk about after the school season has ended. Yes, except for two players, this is a Chattanooga and Nashville-Murfreesboro list. I know good ball can be found all over the state. And yes, I misspelled Ivy Renfroe's name and it can't be fixed.

Anyone still interested enough to check out this section after the school season ends ought to be knowledgeable enough to understand any such individual award, attention or mention is part of a team's effort even when it's not spelled out in the exact words.