Knoxville Football Jamboree Schedule

raynoch

I don't know anything about the teams on the schedule but I like good football and think I may make that jamboree. IMO I might like it better when I don't have a dog in the hunt. During the season it gets tough to travel and watch other teams play that I enjoy watching, or teams that I hear good things about. Will someone with knowledge of these teams offer their comments how they think the jamboree will be?

I don't know anything about the teams on the schedule but I like good football and think I may make that jamboree. IMO I might like it better when I don't have a dog in the hunt. During the season it gets tough to travel and watch other teams play that I enjoy watching, or teams that I hear good things about. Will someone with knowledge of these teams offer their comments how they think the jamboree will be?

Ill tell you what, before we started having our Anderson County Jamboree, I used to go to Knoxville's Jamboree every year and it was always very entertaining!

I remember watching teams like Halls, Gibbs, AE, Central, Powell, Catholic, Bearden, Farragut, Karns, West, South Doyle, Fulton, Carter i think, and the games were very fun to watch! If you get a chance to go, i recommend it! There might be a team or two i forgot, i just know there were alot of teams there.

Any thoughts on the matchups realizing it is just a qtr worth of football?

Most teams will run their basic offense and defense and not show much to their future opponets.

Start Time - 6 p.m.

TSD vs. The King's Academy

Not much to say about this as it is usually 7 on 7 football.

Cosby vs Hardin Valley Academy

Should be interesting to see Cosby being a smaller school vs. HVA playing their first year of varsity football

Grace Christian vs Carter

I'm most interested in seeing which players have replaced whom from last year.

Powell vs Catholic

What will be the new offense Catholic is running?

Austin-East vs Halls

How will Halls handle Austin East's speed and talent?

HALFTIME ACTIVITIES

(kickoff, punt, pass, lineman 50-yard dash, backs/ends 50-yard dash)

Fulton vs Karns

Which team has worked harder in the off season workouts to improve from last year's results?

Bearden vs South-Doyle

Will South Doyle improve or do they still lack the discipline from previous years?

Webb vs Farragut

My guess on best quarter of the night would be this one.

Central vs Gibbs

Both teams had rough seasons last year. Would be interesting to see which has improved more?

CAK vs West

This one should be a little more open as both teams have liked to throw it more often.

It's worth the $8.00 bucks to see whom has what talent out there. Cheaper than a movie and popcorn if you don't but any concessions from UT.

Most teams will run their basic offense and defense and not show much to their future opponets.

Start Time - 6 p.m.

TSD vs. The King's Academy

Not much to say about this as it is usually 7 on 7 football.

Cosby vs Hardin Valley Academy

Should be interesting to see Cosby being a smaller school vs. HVA playing their first year of varsity football

Grace Christian vs Carter

I'm most interested in seeing which players have replaced whom from last year.

Powell vs Catholic

What will be the new offense Catholic is running?

Austin-East vs Halls

How will Halls handle Austin East's speed and talent?

HALFTIME ACTIVITIES

(kickoff, punt, pass, lineman 50-yard dash, backs/ends 50-yard dash)

Fulton vs Karns

Which team has worked harder in the off season workouts to improve from last year's results?

Bearden vs South-Doyle

Will South Doyle improve or do they still lack the discipline from previous years?

Webb vs Farragut

My guess on best quarter of the night would be this one.

Central vs Gibbs

Both teams had rough seasons last year. Would be interesting to see which has improved more?

CAK vs West

This one should be a little more open as both teams have liked to throw it more often.

It's worth the $8.00 bucks to see whom has what talent out there. Cheaper than a movie and popcorn if you don't but any concessions from UT.

You put way too much thought into this!!!

Just my opinion, but I hate the jamboree at Neyland. My sophomore year we played at Central, then the next two seasons it was at Neyland and it felt like we were in the Grand Canyon! It was kinda cool to play on the turf, but looking back, the one at Central left more of an impact then the others. The last couple of seasons with it played at the high schools has a much more festive feel too it.

Ill tell you what, before we started having our Anderson County Jamboree, I used to go to Knoxville's Jamboree every year and it was always very entertaining!

Ok, I'm a little warped. I have actually gone to the Knoxvlle jamboree to watch my kids' school play early in the evening, and then flew over to the Anderson County jamboree to catch the last quarter with Oak Ridge and their opponent. Like I said, I'm a little warped. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />