Bench clearing brawl at Bellevue Baptist FCA scrimmage

formerCoach81

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was plenty of time that had passed after the initial 2 players from both teams had gotten into it. What clearly set off the chain reaction was the Munford coach getting in the Cordova players face and putting his hands on him. Cordova players and coaches only jumped in after this act. I was there and saw the whole thing. When the 2 kids were separated at the beginning everything would have been fine if the hot headed coach would have stayed under control and not have retaliated and tried to one up the kid.

First of all, I don't engage in posting in these gossip blogs, this is my first and last statement. I can not stand by and listen to any more lies and slander that some have posted on this board. I don't have a dog in this race but I was at the scrimmage scouting Cordova. I had a vantage point to see what actually happened from start to finish. The OL coach from Munford saw what I saw and responded like any coach would at a scrimmage when one of his players is being hit in the face multiple times. The Coach from Munford did run to the pile to try to breakup the incident. I could hear him saying why? why? why? A great question, I witnessed the Cordova player lift up the Munford Players face mask and hit him in the mouth. The official came into the pile and ejected the player from Cordova. The ball was placed by the official and both teams were in their respective huddles when the head coach from Cordova ran into the huddles yelling if you toss my player you need to toss the MHS player, he has been cut blocking our nose all scrimmage. The reason things got out of hand is the Cordova coached then pushed the head coach from Munford very aggressively. What happen next was an attack on the MHS players and coaches. I witnessed the player that was ejected tackle the MHS OL coach from the side putting him on the ground. I also watched number 25 from Cordova hit a MHS player in the head with his helmet. The whole time I watched the coaches from both sides trying to separate their players. I understand that the incident was filmed by the MHS staff and it shows all. Lastly, when I signed up to this message board I read the agreement statement. That statement asks those who participate in the board to reframe from slanderous statements. I am sure this will be my last post but I encourage those who write statements to be careful to only write about the truth.

I don't have a dog in this race but I was at the scrimmage scouting Cordova.

Ladies and gentlemen, our first post from West Memphis, Arkansas. Or at least that's what I have to assume with the dogs that race remark. :flower:

Cordova playing alot of Greyhounds are they? :flower:

West Memphis have one for their mascot? :flower:

I had forgotten that track was there until this post.

Whatever, does anyone KNOW if the scrimmage film has been turned into the T$$AA or are BOTH teams trying to take care of it themselves?

It would be hard for me to understand that not one of the teams was filming the game. I also find it hard to believe that no police was present at the game, especially in Memphis even if it was on church grounds, as we all see thats not sacred enough for some to behave like ordinary humans should. If these two teams don't play during regular season it sound like a good rivalry is brewing.