Clinton vs Science Hill Scrimmage!

coonhunter292

THSVikings posted earlier that Clinton was leading Science Hill 6 scores to 2 when the scrimmage ended. He said that other than Stone getting sacked 2 or 3 times and a couple of missed pat's, Clinton looked pretty good!

Clinton did look good and they looked like they were much more focused and ready to play than SH.

Two scores came against SH's younger players with many of the Clinton starters still playing which is NOT to say that the score is misleading. SH had so many more players than Clinton did is would have been hard for the coaches to line it up as 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams. I feel it was good for some of the younger players to go against the starters od Clinton as they found out how what they need to do to get ready for varsity action.

Clinton has a good team and Stone lived up to his "press"

#55 looked very good on D but both players are surrounded by good players and I would expect that Clinton will have a sucessful season.

Science Hill has 3 players in rotation at QB and each played well. First time in years that I have witnessed a QB at SH that did not panick in the pocket and let the play develop. Two long passes were called back for holding and a couple other passeds were dropped. So all in all they look OK at QB.

The line looked fair but there were too many missed blocks but once they started to play physical they showed a good deal of potential. They need to learn thatphysical play is required every play in every game once that happens the rest of the offense will be in good shape.

Defense was a concern IMO as they gave way too much cushion in the secondary and Stone picked them apart. The secondary missed some tackles as well that were converted in to big gains...one a touchdown.

I look forward to seeing what adjustments the coaches make this week when they scrimmage Greenville this Friday.

All in all there was some good potential at SH but Clinton was the more impressive team and appeared to be ready for the season to start.

THSVikings posted earlier that Clinton was leading Science Hill 6 scores to 2 when the scrimmage ended. He said that other than Stone getting sacked 2 or 3 times and a couple of missed pat's, Clinton looked pretty good!

Clinton did look good and they looked like they were much more focused and ready to play than SH.

Two scores came against SH's younger players with many of the Clinton starters still playing which is NOT to say that the score is misleading. SH had so many more players than Clinton did is would have been hard for the coaches to line it up as 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams. I feel it was good for some of the younger players to go against the starters od Clinton as they found out how what they need to do to get ready for varsity action.

Clinton has a good team and Stone lived up to his "press"

#55 looked very good on D but both players are surrounded by good players and I would expect that Clinton will have a sucessful season.

Science Hill has 3 players in rotation at QB and each played well. First time in years that I have witnessed a QB at SH that did not panick in the pocket and let the play develop. Two long passes were called back for holding and a couple other passeds were dropped. So all in all they look OK at QB.

The line looked fair but there were too many missed blocks but once they started to play physical they showed a good deal of potential. They need to learn thatphysical play is required every play in every game once that happens the rest of the offense will be in good shape.

Defense was a concern IMO as they gave way too much cushion in the secondary and Stone picked them apart. The secondary missed some tackles as well that were converted in to big gains...one a touchdown.

I look forward to seeing what adjustments the coaches make this week when they scrimmage Greenville this Friday.

All in all there was some good potential at SH but Clinton was the more impressive team and appeared to be ready for the season to start.

I think Clinton looking like they are ready for the season to start has alot to do with most of the players on their 1st string have been starting since their sophomore season. #5 Stone, #2 Hazelhurst, #4 Frazier, #42 Chapman, and im sure several more have been starters for going on 3 years now and i guess they just know the offense inside and out. Alot of teams this time of the year are still trying to learn the offense and routes and stuff like that.