Wilson Central at RHEA COUNTY

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hear we had another walk out Friday night. Anyone know why?

It was Demetrius Pugh aka Meche, and the reason was because he was trash talking to the Catholic players after a botched kick return. Fitz got on to him like any coach would and then at halftime as Meche was walking off the field, he told Fitz he quit.

Well I hear we had another walk out Friday night. Anyone know why?

It was Demetrius Pugh aka Meche, and the reason was because he was trash talking to the Catholic players after a botched kick return. Fitz got on to him like any coach would and then at halftime as Meche was walking off the field, he told Fitz he quit.

Was he a starter? That is about a sorry reason to quit. Coach's are going to get on to players.

I hope JT and Hester decide to go all out this week. Sure was dragging butt Friday.

Was he a starter? That is about a sorry reason to quit. Coach's are going to get on to players.

I hope JT and Hester decide to go all out this week. Sure was dragging butt Friday.

No he wasn't a starter, but he was a kick returner and JT's back up. Me too I hope JT and Charlie have much better weeks this week.

I have known Wilson Central players to be "tough-as-nails". I'm sure that's definitely because their coach is tough! It's not easy to teach a kid to play "mean", but coaching "mean" can motivate a player to get there. I can appreciate the heck out of it!

Well now we know how tough you are. Anything else you can tell us about Wilson?

I have known Wilson Central players to be "tough-as-nails". I'm sure that's definitely because their coach is tough! It's not easy to teach a kid to play "mean", but coaching "mean" can motivate a player to get there. I can appreciate the heck out of it!

Well now we know how tough you are. Anything else you can tell us about Wilson?

2 years ago they ran the Wing-T with a Huge full-back and speed on the wings. I'm sure they've lost some key players to graduation though. The Defense hit hard and attacked from everywhere! I think they ran a 3-4 and brought LB's from all directions. I know for sure they graduated a LB who had range from sideline-to-sideline.

The coach over there teaches a very aggressive style and if the players buy into it, they can build some momentum and change a game. Otherwise, I don't know anything about their existing players. Good luck!

Rhea County fans, just wondering if there's anything we can do to change that TERRIBLE band music they play during warm-ups...? I'd rather listen to nothing, or, even better, some type of music the boys might actually like to listen to. It doesn't seem like that would be that hard to get taken care of.

Amen to that. Heck, I'll even pitch in and buy the new CDs. That music is terrible.

Rhea County fans, just wondering if there's anything we can do to change that TERRIBLE band music they play during warm-ups...? I'd rather listen to nothing, or, even better, some type of music the boys might actually like to listen to. It doesn't seem like that would be that hard to get taken care of.

HECK YEAH....that stuff they play now is absolute garbage.

I will second that amen on the music, and I know the players hate it too. Please change the music.

Coming into the second week of the season we are going to be playing a pretty athletic looking Wilson Central. Wilson Central is a relatively inexperienced this year with only 7 of 22 starters coming back from last year's team. Wilson Central is going to be playing with their new Tony Franklin spread offense. They like running it out of the shotgun, but they do run a few plays out of the pistol. This team is running an offense that needs a good passing game for it to work, but they are like Catholic coming from the wing-t offense. I feel they are more comfortable running the ball than throwing it right now. Their new offense has not produced in the way of touchdowns this preseason and in their first game. Anchoring their offensive line is big #52 Cammeron Clemmons (6'7 265), Clemmons is considered to be on the state's top offensive linemen. After Clemmons however, their size overall drops off. This team does not look to have nearly the same size as Catholic. Other offensive linemen to watch out for #75 Tyler Agee (6'0 270), #50 Tim Braun ( 6'1 205), #56 Anthony Clark (6'2 250), and #62 Joe Pinhal (6'1 285). The quarterback will be #1 Hunter Cranford (5'11 160). Cranford is a pretty good athlete that can run and throw it. Wilson Central has a good stable of running backs that they can go to. #9 Jordan Poole (6'2 225) looks to be the best back on the team, he is one to watch for Friday night. Other backs they can go to #11 Caleb Barber (6'0 230), #8 D.J. Hutchings (5'8 200), #4 Ryan Tanaro (6'0 180), #32 Nathan Corn (6'0 190), #3 Dee Williams (5'9 200) and if I not mistaking #30 D.J. Majors (5'11 170) is a freshmen and the younger brother of T.J. Majors who was a really good runningback for Wilson Central. At receiver Wilson Central has a couple good looking athletes. Starting with #13 Tyler Coombes (6'2 185), who is a really good player on both sides of the ball. #18 A.J. Bennett (5'11 180) and #21 Jordan Stewart (5'11 180) are both really good players. Stewart missed last year, but will start both ways.

Defensively Wilson Central runs a 3-4 but they will walk down one of the safeties and play more of a 3-5-3 look. Defensively this is a good looking team with a lot of the guys mentioned above playing both ways. Cammeron Clemmons is a good defensive end that is quick off the ball. At linebacker Jordan Poole, Caleb Barber, D.J. Hutchings, Nathan Corn will play at linebacker. The corners and safeties are all very good Tyler Coombes, Jordan Stewart, Ryan Tanaro, and A.J. Bennett will be playing in the secondary Friday night.

Also Wilson Central has a very good kicker in #41 Jackson Redditt (6'1 195). He hit all 29 PAT attempts last year.