Ravenwood?

TheSpoon

Watched the game last night and Ravenwood seemed like the better team but did not seem to focus on the little things that win games. What do you guys think? Also every time they showed Shuman on the sideline all I could do was laugh and think about Chris Farley on SNL doing his "Fat Guy In A Little Coat" sketch.

Yes RHS won, and if nothing else this means that they start off district action on the right foot. But besides that it was a dis-concerning game for Raptor purests. The new Ravenwood looked sloppy and undisciplined. I have to echo what "thespoon" said, the seem to not be focusing on the little things that win games. Ravenwood does not have the skill players and speed that will allow them to win games despite a plethora of penalties. RHS is going to have clean it up if they want to make a run at the postseason.

Yes RHS won, and if nothing else this means that they start off district action on the right foot. But besides that it was a dis-concerning game for Raptor purests. The new Ravenwood looked sloppy and undisciplined. I have to echo what "thespoon" said, the seem to not be focusing on the little things that win games. Ravenwood does not have the skill players and speed that will allow them to win games despite a plethora of penalties. RHS is going to have clean it up if they want to make a run at the postseason.

You need to check your eyes, Hillsboro won, 13-12.

Like in TV games in the past, place kicking sunk them. Not FG's mind you, extra points. Missed PAT's cost them games against Brentwood, BA, and now Hillsboro. Could we PLEASE find someone to kick. They've never had a stud kicker in their existance. Come on soccer guys, they need your help. I agree with Spoon (#74?) they didn't look disciplined at all. Hillsboros 1st TD was a disgrace with 8 missed tackles, but props to the RB for continuing to churn those legs. The offense moved the ball adequately but couldn't close the deal which has been the problem the past 3 years. Things don't look very promising from what I saw last night. It's going to be a long year I'm afraid.

You got me. In elementary school, when they asked what we wanted to be when we grew up, I said I wanted to be a 400 lb head coach in a short sleeve button down with a tie that comes to the top of my stomach. You're right about not paying attention to the little things, though. He also missed a button.