Midway @ Oliver Springs

Oldschool31

Oliver Springs is looking pretty good so far this year. I know nothing about Midway besides I've heard they have lost some talent. Should be a good game.

Also, it shouldn't be a "pillow fight" as once stated earlier clearly by an unknowledgable Rockwood fan.

Pretty sure when Rockwood and OS scrimmage it was tied 3 to 3, and OS will meet Rockwood again in the playoffs, so until then you might want to keep your ignorant statements on the down low and stick to your own team's forums.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If u think this is gonna be a pillow fight ur wrong because midway has something to prove this week and that is that we can play and hopefully beat any one we need to in our way. we just need to start playing with some SOR pride. I think midway can win by as much as they want to in this game. and hankhill u might want to find something better to do with ur time other than saying every game is gonna be a pillow fight

This one is goin to be a dog fight. I have doubt that midway will be ready to play, but OZ will be to. Midway has beaten Os the last couple of yrs and os hasnt forgot about it. IF OS comes out and plays like they did against coalfield then they should be able to come out big friday, but if they dont then it will be a close on.

This must be jump on hankhill day, It is alright I can handle it. I don't get my feelings hurt like many of you neanderthals from OS or the SOR driftwood trash. If you don't like what I say.........ignore it. You all have changed my opinion, it will no longer be a pillow fight. It has now been upgraded to a sissy slap fight worth the charge of admission. Congrats to a couple of power house programs!!!!!!!!!!

I think, after seeing both teams play, that OS has the advantage in this one. I don't think this is the most talented OS team I've seen(03!), but what they do SO WELL is take advantage of other teams mistakes, as they did in the Coalfield game. And they move the ball well with a big O-line and decent running backs like they've done for years. So I think if Midway wins this game, they'll have to play mistake-free football.

U do have to I've OS that they do have a good sophomore running back that I think could maybe be a D1 prospect if be really works at it but I dnt really know much about their line so....

Okay i think your getting a little carried away here...

Here on some observations about "D1" football players in 1A/2A

1. The running back will have to get alot faster and alot bigger before he is even considered to be a D1 Prospect. Is he good? Heck yeah, he compliments Oliver Springs Offense.

2. I have a little cousin that plays for OS... he has a chance of going D1 for this reason... his parents put him out there.. hes been to 4 D1 camps and has got okay reviews. He has a long ways to go and he has a lot to learn but hes a big kid... Almost 6'2" and growing (sophmore)The problem with going to Oliver Springs and other small 1A/2A Schools is the fact that you dont get the media attention and facilities to help make yourself known. You have to do that yourself.

3. Im sorry to let you 1A and 2A guys down... the stats dont lie... your players cant match bigger school's players. Although you guy are proud and thats awesome... there are very very few teams that could hang with the likes of Oak Ridge, Maryville, and Clinton.. (Exception: Alocoa) Is this your fault? No smaller schools = Less Talent. I would say that some of 4A and 5A's worst teams would beat 1A's and 2A's best teams eyes in. Schools like Maryville, and Clinton play the game alot faster.

Sorry had to vent

But here is my prediction, I see Oliver Springs Winning tonight. The Only problem OS has is that they will have to play bigger schools better talent when they get to the playoffs.. I dont know if they are good enough to beat some of those schools.... Time will Tell

U do have to I've OS that they do have a good sophomore running back that I think could maybe be a D1 prospect if be really works at it but I dnt really know much about their line so....

Look man...Little Mario is good and if he does work on it he could...but so could there back up full back Sean or their qb Garrett (Gar bear) and gar has the talent to be the best come through OS but when we was in 2 a and they had DJ and Doug and Andrew Hayes and all the Morgan brothers they was twice as good if not 3 times as good as this team and they didnt go anywhere but roane state...DJ got out and he was the least talented of those. You havent seen D1 unless you actually sit down and watch Alcoa, Maryville.

back on topic

I havent seen Midway but I think Os will get the job done after spanking Coalfield

Oz 35

Mid 21