Lincoln Co. v. Franklin Co.

falcon039

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winner of this game is in the playoffs, correct?

Most folk say that's true, but with 33 qualifiers for 32 spots I wouldn't be surprised if the winner ends up occupying that 33rd spot, considering the records of these two teams. If the winner does make it there will no doubt be lots of griping from other teams in the state.

Franklin County will be in the playoffs. Show me the 32 qualifiers and I will buy what you just said. But their are not 32 qualifiers. Their will only be 27. Going into this week, these were the teams on track to qualify for the 6A playoffs. Print off all the standings, then take a pen and paper and write down the teams currently eligible. This is what you get (before this week). Those final slots will be filled by Wildcards. Wildcards are only slotted once playoff eligible teams receive a spot. Binns, I think Shasteen is wrong. The top half of 6A will go. That is Franklin County

1. Science Hill

2. Sevier County (holds tiebreaker over next closest team in district - Jefferson County)

3. Oak Ridge ***

4. Farragut

5. Maryville

6. Ooltewah

7. McMinn County

8. Cookeville **

9. Coffee County

10. Blackman

11. Riverdale

12. Oakland

13. Franklin County / Lincoln County (teams play head-to-head Friday. Loser eliminated)

14. Mt. Juliet ***

15. Dickson County

16. Franklin

17. Brentwood

18. Hunters Lane

19. McGavock

20. Brighton

21. Arlington

22. Millington

23. Germantown***

24. Wooddale***

25. Kirby

26. White Station

27-32. UNFILLED.

http://www.manchestertimes.com/news/vie ... ticle=3857

Winner of this game is in the playoffs, correct?

Most folk say that's true, but with 33 qualifiers for 32 spots I wouldn't be surprised if the winner ends up occupying that 33rd spot, considering the records of these two teams. If the winner does make it there will no doubt be lots of griping from other teams in the state.

Franklin County will be in the playoffs. Show me the 32 qualifiers and I will buy what you just said. But their are not 32 qualifiers. Their will only be 27. Going into this week, these were the teams on track to qualify for the 6A playoffs. Print off all the standings, then take a pen and paper and write down the teams currently eligible. This is what you get (before this week). Those final slots will be filled by Wildcards. Wildcards are only slotted once playoff eligible teams receive a spot. Binns, Shasteen is wrong. The top half of 6A will go. That is Franklin County

1. Science Hill

2. Sevier County (holds tiebreaker over next closest team in district - Jefferson County)

3. Oak Ridge ***

4. Farragut

5. Maryville

6. Ooltewah

7. McMinn County

8. Cookeville **

9. Coffee County

10. Blackman

11. Riverdale

12. Oakland

13. Franklin County / Lincoln County (teams play head-to-head Friday. Loser eliminated)

14. Mt. Juliet ***

15. Dickson County

16. Franklin

17. Brentwood

18. Hunters Lane

19. McGavock

20. Brighton

21. Arlington

22. Millington

23. Germantown***

24. Wooddale***

25. Kirby

26. White Station

27-32. UNFILLED.

http://www.manchestertimes.com/news/vie ... ticle=3857

I hope Franklin Co gets to go to the playoffs. They're a pretty good team, when they want to be.

Jabbo if you knew as much about football as you lead people to believe, YOU WOULD KNOW THE WINNER OF THE FC/LC IS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!! Look below taken ight from TSSAA site.

5A - The top 2 teams become playoff eligible. 6A--The team that finishes the highest in the final district standings becomes playoff eligible. If the two 6A schools finish 1st and 2nd in the final district standings both become playoff eligible.

District Overall District Opponents. PER TSSAA WEB SITE

STANDINGS

Columbia (5A)

Lawrence County (5A)

Tullahoma (5A)

Shelbyville (5A)

Franklin County (6A)

Lincoln County (6A)

There will be one team left out but it will be a team with a 1 and 9 record.

From what I was told by Scott Shasteen, who spent 8 hrs with Murphy Fair last week-end, that Franklin Co or Lincoln Co would have to win the district or finish in the top half of the district to qualify for the play-offs and neither will happen. According to that, the game tonite doesn't really mean anything as far as the playoffs are concerned. The argument to that is that's not what the info says on the TSSAA website. I'm gonna say Scott Shasteen is right and neither team will make the playoffs, but I could be wrong. Murphy Fair is an expert on high school football and works with the TSSAA. I know its confusing, but maybe everything will work out when its all said and done.

I know Mr Fair does a lot with the TSSAA but this says it all.

5A - The top 2 teams become playoff eligible. 6A--The team that finishes the highest in the final district standings becomes playoff eligible. If the two 6A schools finish 1st and 2nd in the final district standings both become playoff eligible.

District Overall District Opponents. PER TSSAA WEB SITE

I think Franklin Co. is in due to the fact you do not have 32 teams in and the TSSAA will not take a team that is not eligible over a team that is not. I can see lawsuits if they do. DANGEROUS.

Even the Tennessean had report this past week that said the same thing.

Just my view.

As a Lincoln County native, it pains me to see the program in this condition. What in the world has happened?

Poor coaching failure to evolve with the game - and no disclipine

There is hope, we had the same problem at Oakland for a few years. Cleaned house and won it all last year. keep your heads up.

As a Lincoln County native, it pains me to see the program in this condition. What in the world has happened?

Poor coaching failure to evolve with the game - and no disclipine

There is hope, we had the same problem at Oakland for a few years. Cleaned house and won it all last year. keep your heads up.

Thanks SECMAN, mayble the powers that be in Lincoln County will wake up and see that it is the coaches and only the coaches fault starting with Coach Thompson that the program has fallen to such a low point. If the coaches still cared which they don't they would all turn in reisinations effective after the last game. If they don't hopefully their coaching contracts will be terminated. WE DONT NEED AND DONT WANT THEM COACHING THE FALCONS NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!