Oneida @ Coalfield

RumplePigskin

Who wouldn't like to see it......? When they stopped playing the game it was a wonder that level heads prevailed. It had become a rivalry that caused more embarassment than pride. There was all the things you have mentioned......vandalism, fights among students, and even among adults, for that matter. They play resembled more classless acts of football than one can imagine. Fifteen yard penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct were expected, instead of just occuring. I saw helmets thrown and biting must have been encouraged, because blood was a true sign that you participated. Late hits were a regular occurance and it's a wonder none of the players came away from this game disabled for life. Oh, I exaggerate a little, but I just think someone finally said this is stupid for both programs to be seen in this light. I think Oneida wants to keep the reputation that it has earned over the years, and this Hatfield-McCoy Hatefest that used to exist should just lay buried where we left it years ago. Really the only people I ever hear bring it up anymore are, you guessed it, Highlanders! I suppose if knockin' off Oneida makes your whole season........you don't have very high expectations in the first place.

:thumb: Kaz :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy also told me that oneida probably has a little to much pride to play in that game.. "oneida pride" like you was sayin kazzy..but also scott county would have to much to lose in it..but from the way i see it until these 2 teams play and settle it on the field then the larger 3A school of Scott County will be the team of your little county since they are bigger and they play a very very good schedule and the talent is deeper since they have more kids :thumb:

The guy must not know much about Oneida's program, they have never been the dodging type. If Scott were to win it would hardly damage the program. Being the best team in the county, that is pretty much all that matters to a lot of the Scott faithful. If they want to say they are the best team in the county go for it. Oneida will be in the playoffs while they walk around town and tell everyone that Scott could beat Oneida, Oneida is used to it as it's been going on for years.

Who wouldn't like to see it......? When they stopped playing the game it was a wonder that level heads prevailed. It had become a rivalry that caused more embarassment than pride. There was all the things you have mentioned......vandalism, fights among students, and even among adults, for that matter. They play resembled more classless acts of football than one can imagine. Fifteen yard penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct were expected, instead of just occuring. I saw helmets thrown and biting must have been encouraged, because blood was a true sign that you participated. Late hits were a regular occurance and it's a wonder none of the players came away from this game disabled for life. Oh, I exaggerate a little, but I just think someone finally said this is stupid for both programs to be seen in this light. I think Oneida wants to keep the reputation that it has earned over the years, and this Hatfield-McCoy Hatefest that used to exist should just lay buried where we left it years ago. Really the only people I ever hear bring it up anymore are, you guessed it, Highlanders! I suppose if knockin' off Oneida makes your whole season........you don't have very high expectations in the first place.

:wacko: Kaz :lol:

I hate that it got that bad, sounds a lot like the old Florida St vs Miami games (with all the penalties, etc.) I love a good rivalry game, hate that the communities have a few bad apples that won't allow it to happen. By the way, I think Oneida would win more of them than they would lose.