McKenzie vs Huntingdon.....let it begin!!!

VOLnWTN

If dresden was any good you would have beat HALLS and would now be in the playoffs, but since you LOST TO HALLS... now you have to pray that Marion Co loses so you can make the playoffs. To bad McKenzie and Huntingdon will be in the playoffs and DRESDEN will be sitting at home.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Huntingdon transplant living in Middle TN and can't make it to the game because of a prior committment but I don't want to post to talk trash to McK fans. As I recall when I played that wasn't our style. Huntingdon fans should respect what they've been able to accomplish accross the creek the last few years - but believe me, you don't have to like them.

To the Stang players - believe me, we all know what this game means to alumnus like myself, students at the school, and the people of Huntingdon. I am sure you know this very well. I will just tell you this, in 2001 McKenzie beat us for the first time in I think 20 something years (not sure on the exact number of years so please don't crucify me for that) and it completely ruined my memories of high school football. No one game should mean that much that it can erase all the great memories, friendships, and bonds that were created - and it didn't erase them, but it definately tainted them. See, in '01 it was unheard of to lose to McKenzie, although they had a great team that year (Rebel fans will remember that talented bunch well) and we did - we lost the region championship to them that night. Our team never recovered and lost the following week to a very undermatched Harpeth team in the first round of the playoffs. Poof! - season was over, for some, careers were over.

So Stang players, from a former Stang, I want you to know that although this game is huge for you, its not just huge for you - its huge for an entire community in Huntingdon, a coaching staff I'm sure has killed themselves preparing for this game, your parents at home, and also for Huntingdon Mustang alumni scattered all over the state and nation. Go out there and don't leave any room for regret, be sure when you leave that field that you know in your heart that everything you had got left over there in McKenzie tonight.

It means just as much to our alumni and players!!! That's the part ya'll don't understand. Huntingdon never minded pounding us and guess it doesn't feel good when it comes back on you. Past don't mean squat. It's about the 30th. We may all be thinking about the past but, the here and now is what it's really gonna be. End of story.

No doubt it means alot to yall too duckman, otherwise it wouldn't be as good as it is. And I know the past doesn't mean anything when it comes to this year so just remember that when you or someone else from Mac Town gets ready to talk about the last few years. Cause hey, it doesn't matter right?

look you can talk about all the state titles this state titles that and yea htown has been to more and never been mercy euled in a state game and ever since coach swenson left in 04 we weren't as physical or the head hunter mentality and im pretty sure mckenzie wasn't as physical as they were until a former htown player moved over there by the name of keegan ball and now coach swenson is back we are more physical than we have been in a while and to be quite honest wit you i hope the score is 108-0 htown and i hope swenson keeps the starters in because mckenzie wins 3 in a row and they think they are the best team in the nation i just don't understand im sure that deep deep down everyone in mckenzie still fears the blue and gold when they step on the field and might not admit but they do but what ever all im saying is mckenzie is going to be in for a real long night

I am not 100% sure but I don't believe any mckenzie player, currently on the high school team, has ever lost to huntingdon in football game going back to include middle school. This year is not any of those years but i do not believe their is any fear of losing from either team.

Whoa, there it is, theres that living on the past stuff again. Duckman, you better tell him the past doesn't matter.....right.........right?

No doubt it means alot to yall too duckman, otherwise it wouldn't be as good as it is. And I know the past doesn't mean anything when it comes to this year so just remember that when you or someone else from Mac Town gets ready to talk about the last few years. Cause hey, it doesn't matter right?

Nice to see you acknowledged old Tex. Most people just ignore that old fool. :roflolk::D:roflol:

Stang50, I am more a follower of the Swenson because he is from the area I live. But lets be realistic, if its going to rain the entire game, I have to be honest that its hard to score 40. I dont care how good you are! We are on the same page as far as what team we side with. But 40 points, lets be realistic now!! I am sure Huntingdon would be happy to score 7 and win, as would Mckenzie score just 7 and win. Can't wait to sit out in the rain!

No doubt about it. This game will be over fast because of all the running involved trying to hold on to the ball. This game will be a low scoring Heartbreaker for who ever loses!!!

Low scoring? Maybe for the rebs. Stangs will hang 40 on em! Go Stangs!!

keep on and I will have to drive 2 hours just to see you cry.............................. :huh:

Stang50, I am more a follower of the Swenson because he is from the area I live. But lets be realistic, if its going to rain the entire game, I have to be honest that its hard to score 40. I dont care how good you are! We are on the same page as far as what team we side with. But 40 points, lets be realistic now!! I am sure Huntingdon would be happy to score 7 and win, as would Mckenzie score just 7 and win. Can't wait to sit out in the rain!

Ok ok ok you're rite. 35 then! Lol. I would rather beat em 2-0 on a last second safety to make it sting more!

Ok ok ok you're rite. 35 then! Lol. I would rather beat em 2-0 on a last second safety to make it sting more!

Getting close to game time I cheer for the Rebels come on boys put a whooping on 'em.