Lipscomb @ Giles Official Thread prediction

likearock

Yeah, I got a little worried when I saw coacht posting on here. They got a big game over in Lawrenceburg that night also, figured coach would be watching that thread closely also. Kathy's does have a tasty burger. Gas is 2.44 today so hold off as long as you can and we will see if we can keep the price down til saturday. Everyone drive safely.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I've got some catching up to do. This will no doubt be another classic. It will be hard to beat last years playoff game as far as suspense goes. It was the best game in this rivalry to date. I feel another one coming this friday. Both teams are virtually even as far as the teams go. The only difference is strength of schedule. Sure Giles played a few good teams like cookeville(who they lost too) and Page. They have not played a team all season that can compete with Whites creek, Maplewood or David Lipscomb however. This is what I feel will be the deciding factor. I honestly don't know what to expect as far as the outcome but it should be interesting. :popcorneater:

Everyone may sooon come to realize the reason Giles Co. won so comfortably, so often is because they are a very good team. While polls do not equal wins, Giles has been ranked above the district 10 teams most all season except for Maplewood early in the season. Talk all the smack and chatter about records, and schedules you wish, but people like Earl Nall, Murphy Fair and the voters with the AP come to these poll results with an excellent knowledge of TN highschool football. Yet some...admitted haters and opponents try to convince themselves the Bobcats are inferior for whatever reason. I certainly believe it is to our advantage they do. Giles County is the most offensively balanced highschool team I ever recall seeing play.

They have not played a team all season that can compete with Whites creek, Maplewood or David Lipscomb however. This is what I feel will be the deciding factor. I honestly don't know what to expect as far as the outcome but it should be interesting. :popcorneater:

A little town west of here between Giles & Wayne County has a team that none of the above could touch. The only problem playing DL is now we will get a spot in the Tennessean. I would love to arrive in Cookeville listening to everyone say; who the heck is Giles? No news is always good news and I hope we stay in the no news category! :hungry:

Everyone may sooon come to realize the reason Giles Co. won so comfortably, so often is because they are a very good team. While polls do not equal wins, Giles has been ranked above the district 10 teams most all season except for Maplewood early in the season. Talk all the smack and chatter about records, and schedules you wish, but people like Earl Nall, Murphy Fair and the voters with the AP come to these poll results with an excellent knowledge of TN highschool football. Yet some...admitted haters and opponents try to convince themselves the Bobcats are inferior for whatever reason. I certainly believe it is to our advantage they do. Giles County is the most offensively balanced highschool team I ever recall seeing play.

Ha Murphy Fair isn't as bright as he is credited to be. In his book, he gets summaries of teams from their head coaches and pretty much just goes by what the coaches say. I've watched him on thursday night lights and he just says alot of common sense stuff that everyone already knows.

I'm not trying to convince myself that Giles county is an inferior team. They are a very very good ball club. I just don't think they have been TRULEY tested much this season. Lipscomb on the other hand has played in competitive games almost all season. This week will be the best test to date and if Giles pulls it out then they are the best team in 4A besides Redbank. I do agree with they are the most balanced team I've ever seen

A little town west of here between Giles & Wayne County has a team that none of the above could touch. The only problem playing DL is now we will get a spot in the Tennessean. I would love to arrive in Cookeville listening to everyone say; who the heck is Giles? No news is always good news and I hope we stay in the no news category! :hungry:

You really don't think these teams can beat Lawrence County? Or are you trying to suck up to Coacht? :popcorneater: I don't think Lawrence could beat any of these teams.

I don't know why we don't get any news coverage. You would think with all of the success we've had the past few years the tennessean would cover us more, but oh well I kind of like it too.

I just send my money to the coach and he likes me. Thats all you have to do.

Evidently you haven't been following Lawrence County have you? After the Giles game they got their offense on track. You can't beat them if you can't get the ball. They beat a VERY good team last week. They play a very short game keeping it close. They gave Columbia a run for their money. Now, this week they face a team somewhat like Giles with quick strike ability. I still say they will win because they keep the ball. Teams that feature the run game will fall hard against them. No way the Nashville light weights stay with them although DL would match up well. :popcorneater:

I just send my money to the coach and he likes me. Thats all you have to do.

Evidently you haven't been following Lawrence County have you? After the Giles game they got their offense on track. You can't beat them if you can't get the ball. They beat a VERY good team last week. They play a very short game keeping it close. They gave Columbia a run for their money. Now, this week they face a team somewhat like Giles with quick strike ability. I still say they will win because they keep the ball. Teams that feature the run game will fall hard against them. No way the Nashville light weights stay with them although DL would match up well. :hungry:

I follow all of the area teams. I didn't say they weren't good, just that they couldn't beat these teams. Columbia was overrated so almost beating them doesn't mean anything. There is no use in arguing over this because we will never know who would win these matchups. So lets just agree to disagree. Nashville lightweights though? :popcorneater: Not quite my friend.

Oh by the way Oldman, Isn't it a little late for you to be up? I know how you elderly people need your sleep.

Nah, haven't got long until I'll be enjoying that eternal rest. I'll sleep then.

Even yourself as one who followers Giles subscribes to the big bad wolf syndrome. EVERYBODY else plays tougher schedules, has more of this and that, their players possess superior talent, ect. Poor little old Giles. I absolutely love the fact that we don't have a chance. Please overlook us as we are weak and have played nobody all season. :hungry: We hear ya Mikey :popcorneater:

Oh by the way Oldman, Isn't it a little late for you to be up? I know how you elderly people need your sleep.

Nah, haven't got long until I'll be enjoying that eternal rest. I'll sleep then.

Even yourself as one who followers Giles subscribes to the big bad wolf syndrome. EVERYBODY else plays tougher schedules, has more of this and that, their players possess superior talent, ect. Poor little old Giles. I absolutely love the fact that we don't have a chance. Please overlook us as we are weak and have played nobody all season. :hungry: We hear ya Mikey :popcorneater:

I don't think that there is sleep in the afterlife. Sleep is a bodily thing and only your spirit will leave upon death, so you better enjoy you're sleep while you can :thumb:

I never said all of the other teams have more talent or more anything. I just stated that a few of our playoff contenders have alot tougher schedules than we do. I don't know how the rest of the hardheaded Giles faithful don't notice this. I actually said that I don't know what to expect this friday. I can see it going just about everyway imaginable.

Friday night will certianly bring an electric atmosphere. A bitter rival coming to town, playing in the new stadium which has been an advantage and a great fan experience, and certianly the first time in the series between these two team Giles Co has been favored. Giles is one point...one play away from being undefeated, a memory that has driven them this season and will guide them friday night. While at the same time a bit of the luster is off the DL program this year, after a 1-3 start they turned their season around when they got into the softer part of their schedule. Giles for the first time will be attacking the game with the mindset of we should rather than we can win this game. While we are all aware Giles has fallen short in every previous attempt there is a different feeling...a different air about this year and this team...swagger if you will.