State Tournament sites

yoduke

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the CCS field was in great shape. It's a nice place to watch soccer. I'm sure GPS and Baylor fields were also in great shape. Especially given the weather we've had this season, that was a pleasant surprise.

I think it is still a valid question about schools like CCS and Baylor being able to play in the post season on their own/home fields. Don't know why they don't host A/AA at GPS and AAA at CCS. Don't know whether or not it creates an unfair advantages (like when CCS let their school out to come to their game)

I thought the CCS field was in great shape. It's a nice place to watch soccer. I'm sure GPS and Baylor fields were also in great shape. Especially given the weather we've had this season, that was a pleasant surprise.

I think it is still a valid question about schools like CCS and Baylor being able to play in the post season on their own/home fields. Don't know why they don't host A/AA at GPS and AAA at CCS. Don't know whether or not it creates an unfair advantages (like when CCS let their school out to come to their game)

I would agree with all that you said. Scary, isn't it?

Likely Notre Dame a better location?

I was impressed with all three venues. My only criticism would be that I had a hard time finding the soccer field once I made it to the CCS campus. As for home field advantage - someone is going to get it regardless of where the games are held. Since the majority of the games are held during the school week, I would have to say that the headache of being the host (parking/admissions/concessions/ball girls, etc) would equal any advantage gained.

Until you see a game played on Notre Dame's field, you opinion is irrelevant.

Per the earlier posts, you know we play very few games on our own field. I don't have any problem with the 3 locations, I just wondered if CCS should host something other than A/AA, Baylor something other than D2, etc.

As for home field advantage - someone is going to get it regardless of where the games are held.

I get your point, but with the games being on the actual campus the WHOLE school comes to the game. Even if they were in the same town, you don't have NEAR the student turn out.

Coniglio, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't CCS give the students the choice of going to the game during school or going to class? Tough choice there for a teenager...

Until you see a game played on Notre Dame's field, you opinion is irrelevant.

Per the earlier posts, you know we play very few games on our own field. I don't have any problem with the 3 locations, I just wondered if CCS should host something other than A/AA, Baylor something other than D2, etc.

"Our" point is, we all know what you meant, not what you said. It's not does every team who hosts have an advantage, what you wanted to convey is, does this negatively impact ND.

Someone is always going to have home field advantage....however, my biggest question is why play in Chattanooga versus a more centralized location? There are some great locations in the Nashville area which would have West TN teams not have to drive six hours to play (or East TN teams drive six hours to Memphis area). Do the games have to be played at a high school versus an independent facility? Do the schools get a portion of the proceeds?

I think it can be played at an independent facility...the boys' tournament has been at Richard Siegel Soccer Park for at least the last couple of years (I wasn't too aware of HS soccer before then so the boys may have been playing there for even longer). I don't see why the girls' tourney couldn't be played there. Drakes Creek in Hendersonville could also work well.

The fields and facilities at the Chattanooga schools were top notch, but it is a lot of driving for the west TN teams and, to a lesser extent, the north and northwest Nashville-area teams. At the very least, the tournament should be rotated yearly...one year at Mike Rose in Memphis, the next at Siegel Soccer Park/Drakes Creek in Murfreesboro/Nashville, and the next at the great facilities in Chattanooga.

Agreed soccermom.

PLUS, it would allow for fans to go see AAA and D2 games without leaving a venue from watching A/AA. It also makes more sense from a travel standpoint.

The guys have played at a soccer complex for the past 8 years. I think it is the best way to do it.

I don't know why the TSSAA has chosen Chatt. for the girls, but it may have to do with $$ bids.

If I'm not mistaken, the decision on what city will host the tournament is a bid process where cities put together a package, and then T$$AA decides. I doubt the decision on being centrall located or not carries as much weight as whether Chattanooga's proposal guarantees more money to T$$AA than a package from Murfreesboro or Hendersonville.

To Canes, no i never considered CCS as being a disadvantage for Notre Dame. Within the city, our fans probably don't care one way or the other. Their field is certainly better than ours.