Welcome to Cookeville

disgustedfan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think this is a terrible location for football. Cookeville is a nice city but nothing will be going to the Boro/Nashville every year. I will drive up early friday to watch Alcoa and then return home that night. If it was Boro I would have been there the entire weekend and I wont be surprised if Im not one of many that return to blount county after the game is over

In all honesty, we had room reservations with the reason being that there are not as many hotels in Cookeville as there are in the 'Boro, and I wanted to make sure we had a place to stay. I also reasoned that if the season didn't turn out as planned, I could always cancel my reservation.

I did cancel the reservation after finding out that the 3A game will be played at 3:30 (Central). Cookeville is losing out on a lot of hotel revenue that the 'Boro would have received, especially with Maryville & Alcoa both being in the championships. Of course, this could not have been predicted, and really should not have any bearing in where the games are held.

My guess is these are the fans who may stay in Cookeville, unless they decide to go to the Nashville area to spend the night:

Union City (1A)

Milan (3A)

Giles Co. (4A)

Greeneville (4A) (iffy)

Columbia (5A)

White Station (6A)

I'm not certain about the Chattanooga area schools (Boyd Buch & S. Pitt). I hope Cookeville isn't sorry they decided to bid for the games.

In all honesty, we had room reservations with the reason being that there are not as many hotels in Cookeville as there are in the 'Boro, and I wanted to make sure we had a place to stay. I also reasoned that if the season didn't turn out as planned, I could always cancel my reservation.

I did cancel the reservation after finding out that the 3A game will be played at 3:30 (Central). Cookeville is losing out on a lot of hotel revenue that the 'Boro would have received, especially with Maryville & Alcoa both being in the championships. Of course, this could not have been predicted, and really should not have any bearing in where the games are held.

My guess is these are the fans who may stay in Cookeville, unless they decide to go to the Nashville area to spend the night:

Union City (1A)

Milan (3A)

Giles Co. (4A)

Greeneville (4A) (iffy)

Columbia (5A)

White Station (6A)

I'm not certain about the Chattanooga area schools (Boyd Buch & S. Pitt). I hope Cookeville isn't sorry they decided to bid for the games.

My thoughts are similar to this. We got our hotel room but do we really want to stay? Maryville does not play till late the next day, and while I want to watch it, the SEC championship is also that day and a friend is a bama fan so no way we stay now.

I will miss the boro and later start for sure.

We would love to have you stay in cookeville for the weekend-but if you choose not to we wish you the best! We can guarantee you a clean, safe, fun weekend with the best high school football in the state of Tennessee! Plus a community of citizens that are thrilled that you have come to spend a few hours in our wonderful community!

The best independent restaurant in the area is the world famous Bobby Qs. It has the most delicious barbeque in the world. They also have Pool room slaw that is only for the brave-it has a bite to it. They are known for their homemade banana pudding that is out of this world!

It is just around the corner from the football stadium. Bobby Qs is worth the trip to Cookeville. Try their catfish-wow!!!!

The best independent restaurant in the area is the world famous Bobby Qs. It has the most delicious barbeque in the world. They also have Pool room slaw that is only for the brave-it has a bite to it. They are known for their homemade banana pudding that is out of this world!

It is just around the corner from the football stadium. Bobby Qs is worth the trip to Cookeville. Try their catfish-wow!!!!

Ok, that sounds like a place I must stop by, even if I don't stay the night. What are the hours?

I found their website, but they do not open until 4:30 on Saturday, which will not be good for us football fans wanting to be at our games.