Devils In The '10 (Jo Byrns)

MOTO24

I am glad to see that Jo Byrns looked so good in the spring and tht they return a lot from last year's team. I just looked at the jamboree schedule for this year and saw where Jo Byrns is going to play Cheatham County again. I know last year the young Cubs didn't come close to slowing down the Red Devils offense and also the preseason test was really trashed following a frightening knee injury to one of the Cubs players. I believe it will be a very good test for a Cubs team that returns nearly everyone this season and is looking to get back to their winning ways following a 1-9 season with a team that was filled with underclassmen gaining valuable playing experience.

CC should be a good test for JB as well. Is the running back that got hurt back this year? He was very quick!

hey moto, seven and myself were discussing coming up to cedar hill this fall to see the fightn snoballs in person. what games do you think would be the best match ups to attend?

I am glad to see that Jo Byrns looked so good in the spring and tht they return a lot from last year's team. I just looked at the jamboree schedule for this year and saw where Jo Byrns is going to play Cheatham County again. I know last year the young Cubs didn't come close to slowing down the Red Devils offense and also the preseason test was really trashed following a frightening knee injury to one of the Cubs players. I believe it will be a very good test for a Cubs team that returns nearly everyone this season and is looking to get back to their winning ways following a 1-9 season with a team that was filled with underclassmen gaining valuable playing experience.

CC should be a good test for JB as well. Is the running back that got hurt back this year? He was very quick!

hey moto, seven and myself were discussing coming up to cedar hill this fall to see the fightn snoballs in person. what games do you think would be the best match ups to attend?

Yeah! Ya Hoser! Maybe We'll Make It A Free-For-All...Loser Goes Home Match...No Holds Barred! :roflolk:

Excellent! At this point no one on our schedule looks that tough. I'd say your best bet would be the White House-Heritage game but it's going to be in White House. If you want to come to Cedar Hill then I'd say either Cascade or East Robertson. I don't have a schedule in front of me but I think the Cascade game is week 1, WHH is week 2, & East Robertson is week 4.

Excellent! At this point no one on our schedule looks that tough. I'd say your best bet would be the White House-Heritage game but it's going to be in White House. If you want to come to Cedar Hill then I'd say either Cascade or East Robertson. I don't have a schedule in front of me but I think the Cascade game is week 1, WHH is week 2, & East Robertson is week 4.

that white house game sounds tempting, but id really like see my man seven racing the engine of his caddy with all those swamper trucks. :roflolk:

that white house game sounds tempting, but id really like see my man seven racing the engine of his caddy with all those swamper trucks. :roflolk:

:roll: As long as that caddy has a V8 and straight pipes, we'll let y'all come in.

Yes Shaun Montgomery is back this year MOTO24. Hope that fall camp and scrimmages go well for JBS and that there are no injuries going into the 2010 season :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Devils gonna handout alot of heartache this year, off season workouts have been very good with great participation I understand, this will be the strongest and quickest teams to ever run thru the gates at the dungeon, losing only 4 starters from last years team gave alot of experience to the returning players, 6'1 180 jr Brandon Adkins will begin his second campaign as the signal caller, showed alot of maturity with the ball in the spring scrimmage with increased zip and accuracy, behind him in the backfield willl be #34 Brandon "bolt" Holt a 5'10 180 sr, a regular in the lineup since his soph yr, at the other rb position will be frank the ( TANK ) traughber a 5'10 190 jr wears #1, at wide outs are jr #2 Quincy Neblett a 6'0 160lb speedster, a track guy, other recieving duties will come by the way of sr's Micheal yates, chris Corbin and jr will brown, the recieving corps have no shortage of ability to take it to the zone at any time. Now to the trenches where the warfare begins is jr Cody Vaughn a 6'1 275 returning center at LG position is sr Jonny Smith a 5'9 220 converted from FB to the oline, LT should be soph Ace Evans 6'1 230 RG is sr Caleb Castleman 6'1 205 started two previous years at the position, RT another jr Alan Lemmons 6'0 230, looks like the Devils will also have some depth to play with along the fronts which will make for some interesting competition come fall practice, and fols I'm not even gonna mentioned the defence because it looks awsome, 3 of the front 4 benching 300 or better and the other is not far behind, with speedy physical LB's and exp at the DB positions all I can say is I'm ready for the gates to open at the Dungeon and fire up them fog machine and pipe them v8's cause boys a trail of victems is about to be had when you face them Devils, good luck to all and bring on the season ! Go red devils !

Devils gonna handout alot of heartache this year, off season workouts have been very good with great participation I understand, this will be the strongest and quickest teams to ever run thru the gates at the dungeon, losing only 4 starters from last years team gave alot of experience to the returning players, 6'1 180 jr Brandon Adkins will begin his second campaign as the signal caller, showed alot of maturity with the ball in the spring scrimmage with increased zip and accuracy, behind him in the backfield willl be #34 Brandon "bolt" Holt a 5'10 180 sr, a regular in the lineup since his soph yr, at the other rb position will be frank the ( TANK ) traughber a 5'10 190 jr wears #1, at wide outs are jr #2 Quincy Neblett a 6'0 160lb speedster, a track guy, other recieving duties will come by the way of sr's Micheal yates, chris Corbin and jr will brown, the recieving corps have no shortage of ability to take it to the zone at any time. Now to the trenches where the warfare begins is jr Cody Vaughn a 6'1 275 returning center at LG position is sr Jonny Smith a 5'9 220 converted from FB to the oline, LT should be soph Ace Evans 6'1 230 RG is sr Caleb Castleman 6'1 205 started two previous years at the position, RT another jr Alan Lemmons 6'0 230, looks like the Devils will also have some depth to play with along the fronts which will make for some interesting competition come fall practice, and fols I'm not even gonna mentioned the defence because it looks awsome, 3 of the front 4 benching 300 or better and the other is not far behind, with speedy physical LB's and exp at the DB positions all I can say is I'm ready for the gates to open at the Dungeon and fire up them fog machine and pipe them v8's cause boys a trail of victems is about to be had when you face them Devils, good luck to all and bring on the season ! Go red devils !

Looks like alot of experience returning. :D I think this may be the year the Devils carry gold back to Cedar Hill. :D to go with all that dearn darkfire tobacco. :wub: Long live burley!!!! :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Exaggerating these players size quite a bit... Brandon Adkins is not 6'1, saying Vaughn is 275 is probably a stretch, Caleb Castleman weighs about 160 tops right now. But not trying to bash your post just mentioning that we arent that big of a team. Overall though we look to be pretty good once again how this season goes will be all up to how the OL and DL do. I believe Adkins will step it up a little from last year and have a pretty solid season if this ALMOST completely new WR corps can get open and if somebody can teach Quincy to catch the ball he could be a solid WR with his speed. And I believe Frankie at RB and Holt at FB will be a solid combination, Holt may be a little undersized for the traditional FB but his speed will be nice to see from the FB position, he is def strong enough to play FB and has great hands and will be able to make plays when given the ball. This should be our year to really see what Frankie is going to do, he is an amazing athlete and has as good of balance as you will find from a RB he is extremely strong and will make some plays this year that your going to be shaking your head in shock thinkin he was already down. Thats my take on the roster at the time should be another solid season for the Red Devils and cant wait for Cascade at home this year.