Your thoughts on Anderson Couny and Powell this year?

tnbaseball2

How will both schools be?

The Panthers were district champs last year with a pretty young team. They lost a few key players in Green, Hobby, and Cardio, but they should be in the hunt for the title again. The favorite has got to be Halls with so many talented upperclassmen returning. Powell will hit it pretty good. The question mark will be pitching depth.

I think Anderson Co. should have a very good team. They lost their two best pitchers in Price and York, but they return some strong young arms. A.C. should hit it pretty good too. I know the catcher and 3B have signed baseball scholarships. I would say that A.C. will be in the top 3 or 4 in that district.

BTW, I wanted to wish Oak Ridge pitcher, Matthew Foxworth, a speedy recovery from his shoulder surgery. He is a heck of a pitcher. That is a huge loss for the Wildcats.

• 3 weeks later...

The Panthers were district champs last year with a pretty young team. They lost a few key players in Green, Hobby, and Cardio, but they should be in the hunt for the title again. The favorite has got to be Halls with so many talented upperclassmen returning. Powell will hit it pretty good. The question mark will be pitching depth.

I think Anderson Co. should have a very good team. They lost their two best pitchers in Price and York, but they return some strong young arms. A.C. should hit it pretty good too. I know the catcher and 3B have signed baseball scholarships. I would say that A.C. will be in the top 3 or 4 in that district.

BTW, I wanted to wish Oak Ridge pitcher, Matthew Foxworth, a speedy recovery from his shoulder surgery. He is a heck of a pitcher. That is a huge loss for the Wildcats.

I know about the Ownby kid, who I believe is just a sophomore. Including him, who are your top three or four pitchers?

I know about Hillard, Gresham, Beeler and Corscione (SP?) of Halls, but who else should we look for from them?

I know about the Ownby kid, who I believe is just a sophomore. Including him, who are your top three or four pitchers?

I know about Hillard, Gresham, Beeler and Corscione (SP?) of Halls, but who else should we look for from them?

At Halls, look for Burton and Barkley to throw quite a bit, and Painter to throw some as well.

Powell will have Burner as their #2 behind Owenby, and Skeen and Below will most likely finish out the starting rotation. Winegar, Sanford, Latham, Alford, and Smith will throw some games as well.

i believe ac is going to be alot better than what most people are saying. not on this thread, but alot of folk are overlooking them. they lost some quality players, but they lost some attitudes as well according to some. they will definitely compete for the title, over look them and they will make you pay. they are my sleeper in this district. i say sleeper because of players they lost and the misconception that some have of the team. i do believe halls will regain their title that powell took last year. i think they have the best pitching depth of anyone. come tournament time, that will be key.

i believe ac is going to be alot better than what most people are saying. not on this thread, but alot of folk are overlooking them. they lost some quality players, but they lost some attitudes as well according to some. they will definitely compete for the title, over look them and they will make you pay. they are my sleeper in this district. i say sleeper because of players they lost and the misconception that some have of the team. i do believe halls will regain their title that powell took last year. i think they have the best pitching depth of anyone. come tournament time, that will be key.

I definitely agree. Halls should walk away with the title and AC is going to beat a lot of people.

You all shouldn't have to worry about Powell this season. :thumb: