Way to go Polk County....42-30 winner over Upperman

blitzinbuc

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was windering how long it would be for someone to comment on the foul situation. I was able to make it to the game and saw all the calls. I didn't find the refs to be horrible, it is just hard for a team to foul when they have the ball 80% of the game as was the case. Once upperman got the ball they would give it to dyer or settle for a three or jump shot. That is why there were no calls against polk. If upperman had drove more and forced contact then they would have gotten calls and no one could foul dyer because she was 6 inches taller than everybody else. I thought that these were two good teams and a pretty good game, I would have liked to see what the score would have been if polk had of played the whole game like they did the 1st period but it was a good game plan in making dyer come out of the lane and guard somebody, that made a very good player uncomfortable playing defense. My only complain about the whole thing was that upperman's coach and players didn't shake hands after the game. I know losing is not fun but come on.

My congrats to Polk and good luck this week!

I am still amazed at how some fans view and see things during and after a game. Upperman waited patiently single file with the coach in line to shake hands. One Polk player came through the line the rest continued to celebrate and then left the floor.COME ON don't be blaming Upperman for pure sportsmanship. Enjoy your trip to the boro but this one is over.

And while we are trying to wind things down here: I was the one that asked the question that stirred things up, and my apologies for that. I was trying not to get things that stirred up, but I needed to know.

And for the record, I do not have a kid on the Upperman team, never have never will, so dont be holding anything I say against that team. They are a great group of kids who play their tails off every night, win or lose.

Congrats again to Polk Co. Good Luck in the Boro

Honestly guys, I would not complain about 24 fouls in the one game. You should have been at the SG/Greeneville Regional game last week. The girls could not breathe hard without getting a foul. Nobody got gassed, they stopped for a break every other transition. There were close to 60 fouls called in that game and better than 80% was called by one ref. Radio announcers thought for sure that the bench was going to have to finish the game or even better yet, just give each team a 100 free throws and the one who makes the most wins.

But that is the past. Your game too. Let's see how these teams do in the Boro!

GO GREENE !!!! :lol:

Honestly guys, I would not complain about 24 fouls in the one game. You should have been at the SG/Greeneville Regional game last week. The girls could not breathe hard without getting a foul. Nobody got gassed, they stopped for a break every other transition. There were close to 60 fouls called in that game and better than 80% was called by one ref. Radio announcers thought for sure that the bench was going to have to finish the game or even better yet, just give each team a 100 free throws and the one who makes the most wins.

But that is the past. Your game too. Let's see how these teams do in the Boro!

GO GREENE !!!! :lol:

And I will vouch for NE15 on this one. There is no exaggeration whatsoever. Any team who can overcome the type of game those girls had to, should have an automatic by to state....lol. Oh well, they both made, so as you said "that is the past".

Looks like this game was lopsided. Reminds me of a past game.

Just curious, "alwaysachargerfan", but which game are you talking about....

Football game between central and polk, we got beat bad with most penalties called on us after we were ahead in the game. I do not even know why i brought this up. I just thought it was a little bit odd that it happened again.

Looks like this game was lopsided. Reminds me of a past game.

Just curious, "alwaysachargerfan", but which game are you talking about....

Football game between central and polk, we got beat bad with most penalties called on us after we were ahead in the game. I do not even know why i brought this up. I just thought it was a little bit odd that it happened again.

All in all, i wish Polk and my beloved Chargerettes the best of luck in the tournament. Would love to see Polk and Central play for the gold.