yankees8589

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final....

Clarksville Acd. - 54

Wayne County - 40

Malcolm Smith led the Cougars with 21 points and 15 rebounds before fouling out in the 4th quarter...he played with foul trouble the whole game....He went to the line 11 times but only hit 5 times....

The Cougars had a huge rebounding advantage (46-24) but also had 19 tournovers...Wayne County had 10 steals...CA didn't do very well against the press...They shot 45% from the field and hit one of their 8 three point attempts...They hit 17 for 28 free throws....

Wayne County butchered the three point line 3 for 24...They shot 24% total...They only hit 13 of 24 free throw attempts...

Wayne County was led in scoring by Tyler Rice with 12 points followed by Parrish with 11....

I don't think CA put too much fear in the remaining teams in the tournament with their performance today....

CSAS is more athletic and will give CA a bit more competition in the semi-final round....

Did the boys from CA play as well today as I have seen them play? No. Many more shots were missed than should have been, but they should have a better feel for the gym and the baskets now. While we are talking about missed shots, it seemed as if about a third of WC shots were air balls....they did not even bounce on the rim and come out. Was Wayne County effective in steals? Yes. CA will need to make better passes and get good control of the ball before taking off down the court if they want to continue. Were the Smith boys in foul trouble? Yes, but it was not because of anything they were doing. All those two had to do was get close enough to breathe on a player and a foul was called. If it had really been called equally both ways, despite turnovers and not hitting the percentages CA boys normally hit, I am guessing it would have been about a 15 - 20 point greater spread.

Heck, this might work to CA's advantage. The next team to play CA may underestimate the team.

One thing is for sure; CA did not get the number of wins they have because they stink.

Did the boys from CA play as well today as I have seen them play? No. Many more shots were missed than should have been, but they should have a better feel for the gym and the baskets now. While we are talking about missed shots, it seemed as if about a third of WC shots were air balls....they did not even bounce on the rim and come out. Was Wayne County effective in steals? Yes. CA will need to make better passes and get good control of the ball before taking off down the court if they want to continue. Were the Smith boys in foul trouble? Yes, but it was not because of anything they were doing. All those two had to do was get close enough to breathe on a player and a foul was called. If it had really been called equally both ways, despite turnovers and not hitting the percentages CA boys normally hit, I am guessing it would have been about a 15 - 20 point greater spread.

Heck, this might work to CA's advantage. The next team to play CA may underestimate the team.

One thing is for sure; CA did not get the number of wins they have because they stink.

I doubt it....Anytime you are the #1 ranked team in the state and you have a 34-2 record, nobody will overlook you....CSAS is a young team but from reading their fans posts this season they like to press...CA didn't do much against the press, not for a team with such a gaudy record...CSAS will also match up better athletically than Wayne County did with CA....

Who knows ??..CA may come out Friday and dominate but the best team in 1A today was Westwood....

I'm curious Purple & Gold Standard. Were you even at the games today? If not, I was there to see each team play except the last two who were paired.

BTW, I remembered where I had seen your posts before....four days ago you were running down Westwood. You said they had no depth and would not be a threat to Humboldt....similar to the way you were running down CA earlier today; however, Westwood was almost god-like to you today. You're making my head spin.