District 11-AAA Standings

IndyEagle09

Heading into Week 4 of District Play

Series of the Week

Franklin vs. Brentwood- Brentwood is hoping to clinch their spot as the 3rd seed heading into the district tournament, while Franklin is just trying to stay afloat. Brentwood has the better bats of the two teams, while Franklin has more pitching depth than the Bruins. I say Brentwood wins 2 out of 3 from the Rebels. When was the last time the Rebels finished the year with a losing district record?

Other series

Independence vs. Hillsboro- Indy sweeps as they can rest some arms this week for the big Ravenwood showdown next week.

Ravenwood vs. Centennial- Ravenwood sweeps as they prepare for Indy next week.

Anyone have any thoughts?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that Franklin is down this year and most of these kids have never played on a losing team which is bringing them down. They're getting frustrated and the coach isnt helping. they need to have some freedom and the coach doesnt need to be so controlling. Alumbaugh wasnt that bad. Plus, last years team lost 3 of their 4 top pitchers (harris, robertson, and patton) and 2 of their hitters (robertson and young). i can remember last year when young would lead it off and then he would steal, grider would move him over, and little would get the rbi. they're not producing like last year.

Brentwood defeated Franklin on Monday night 4-2. The Rebels got off to a hot start against Robby Ray but couldn't do much with the bats past the second inning. Both teams were pretty solid in the field, and Franklin's pitcher threw pretty well although I don't think he is usually their #1 in the district rotation. Should be interesting to see how the rest of the series goes without Ray on the mound for Brentwood. How did the other district games go?

Rebel4life,

Do you mean to say that the Falletta kid did not pitch, knowing they had to win all three to get the three seed in the tournament? Would he not have been their best chance to win against Ray? If that is the case, is that just a case of a poor coaching decision?

Does anyone know how the brackets will work this year in 11aaa with only 6 teams?

After Monday Night's Games

Ravenwood (9-1)

Independence (9-1)

Brentwood (6-4)

Centennial (4-6)

Franklin (2-8)

Hillsboro (0-10)

Ravenwood and Independence both took care of business. I am going to have to find time to come watch this series next week. It is going to be a great one with two of the best coaches in the mid-state matching wits. I think Indy has more talent but Ravenwood flat out competes every game.

Brentwood looks to have locked up the # 3 seed unless they just collapse.

Franklin or Centennial will be the 4 and the other will be the 5. I am sorry but the Rebels coach is the worst in the county. No excuse to be that bad after returning 7 of 9 position players from a year ago. Is it true Jake Little played CF last night? A Brentwood player text me and told me and I said he had to of been mistaken.

Rebel4life,

Do you mean to say that the Falletta kid did not pitch, knowing they had to win all three to get the three seed in the tournament? Would he not have been their best chance to win against Ray? If that is the case, is that just a case of a poor coaching decision?

Does anyone know how the brackets will work this year in 11aaa with only 6 teams?

franklin has more than just joey faletta for pitching..... coach riddling has developed every pitcher on the staff to have the capability to make a quality start on any givin day...the kid who pitched last night alex bennorth is only a sophmore and gave franklin just as good of chance to win as they would have with joey.... franklin played thier hearts out and showed class after numerous incidents with brentwood's overall cockyness and down right disrespect for the game of baseball..... the team that showed up last night is what we have all been waiting for and i think franklin is beggining thier climb towards the district tournement.....it just took time for the rebels to buy into the new coaching staff and system

Franklin or Centennial will be the 4 and the other will be the 5. I am sorry but the Rebels coach is the worst in the county. No excuse to be that bad after returning 7 of 9 position players from a year ago. Is it true Jake Little played CF last night? A Brentwood player text me and told me and I said he had to of been mistaken.

Little is in CF the rest of the season due to his sore arm I've been told. Good game last night but FHS was fortunate to have only lost by 2. Their young pitcher was being hit hard the 2nd and 3rd time thru the line-up. Franklin never had another pitcher warm-up even with the score 3-2, runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs in the 6th. It took a good play by the kid at short to grab a linedrive up the middle and dive to double off the runner at second. Next batter hit a double to right center. The FHS kid must have thrown in excess of 90 pitches (hard on a sophomore).

Ray looked strong last night after the 1st. Last AB by Little, Ray hit 92 on the guns on the last 2 pithes in the 6th. That seemed to be what they were most impressed about.

Also did anyone at the game get an explainantion what the reasoning was for calling the pinchrunner out after the umpire sent him back to the dugout to take off some jewelry?

So here is an interesting question to debate. I a one game elimination, who do you want on the mound; Ray from B-Wood or Miller from Indy?

Does anyone know how the district tourny will play out this year since only 6 teams? Seeds are all but set. Indy/Raven 1 and 2 (no particulare order), B-wood 3, Frank/Cent 4-5, and Hills 6. In years past it has been 2 four team brackets, double elim on each side with two winners coming out. No chance of playing team from other bracket in years past.

I would personally like to see Miller go against Ray. That would be the deciding factor. Power versus Craftiness. As far as the other Franklin shortstop I think the last name is Gavigan? Something like that. After viewing some of Franklins games and hearing parents talk, Franklin may have a some coaching blunders but no one knows what happens on the inside that determines a coaches decision about a player.