Whats the outlook on District 11aa 10-11???

ouryear

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creek Wood will have tremendous numbers so they should reload and do just fine. Kimo Odom is one of, if not the, best players in the district.

Camden Central is also going to be just fine. Devon White is back in the offensive backfield, along with Easley, and on defense they'll be led by Kyle Blackburn.

Harpeth is going to be solid again. On offense they will switch to more of a rushing oriented attack with McWright at quarterback. On defense Travis Tice & Dalton Patterson are both good solid football players.

Waverly Central won their final two games of this past season and they could carry that over into this next season. Jake Hale is back from injury and will give them an added playmaker. Will McLeod proved to be a solid player last season.

Montgomery Central will be improved in year number two under their new coaching staff. Sam Hudson is back at quarterback. Also returning to the field will be Ravon Hardy, one of the more athletic players in the entire district.

Stewart County has been to the playoffs for a few years in a row now and they will again be a force. Look for Chaz Feathers and Clayton Eaton to be the catalysts for them this upcoming season.

Cheatham County will be young but improved. Shaun Montgomery is a nice player who has had a good career there. The Cubs will also benefit from having a healthy Tanner Owen back this fall.

From this past season the only seniors that I know of that will be playing football this upcoming fall at the next level are Chris Hartman from Creek Wood & Zach Douglas from Harpeth. Hartman is playing at an FCS school and Douglas is playing an a smaller level school (I don't exactly recall where though.....).

This upcoming season I believe that Jordan Murphy from Camden Central is a guy who can eventually play at a place like Lambuth or Bethel. He has height and is somewhat agile for a guy his size. He also plays with a tremendous motor.

There are some outstanding high school football players in the region as a whole no question about it. With that being said however I just have not seen a "skill position guy" that jumps off the radar and catches my eye as a guy who is a "next level" type of athlete.

In recent years I have had the great honor of watching guys like Bo Wallace, Dont'a Hightower, Deaunte Mason, Roger Herndon, Zach & Austin Rogers, Chris Donald, Sam Edgmon, Rashad Mason, Brian Gupton, Ricky Ladd, Brandon Warren, Randall Cobb, & Trox Greenwade all play in person. Some of them were great high school football players who made the transition and had/are having success at the next level, some are guys who did not excel at the next level, and some are guys who the verdict is still out on at this point in time. WITH THAT HAVING BEEN SAID..........I do know that I have not seen a player that resembles any of those guys in the slightest way in the last year.

i love seeing all these post about how bad cheatham was last year,i mean i really, dont understand how anyone with any football knowledge would think that 14 freshmen starting would go without losing! i tell you what cheatham will look like a diff team this year.all them freshmen have gotten alot of playing time,now there bigger an stronger so lets see what happens this year!!!! :flower:

Army @ West Point is offering. Navy @ Anapolis is coming down in May to watch him and visit with him. They are VERY interested in him as well. Eastern Kentucky have him in top 3 at RB's they are looking for. MTSU coming in May as well. Countless inquiries for his film and transcripts. Obviously a very good player, but an even better person. He deserves any attention he gets. :flower:

I agree 100% bigdaddy and I also hope that everyone expects Cheatham County to be the exact same team that they were this past season. I have a feeling that is a thought that will be put to rest sooner rather than later my friend.

I had no idea that Kimo Odom was recieving looks from the service academies. Good for him. I can't speak on Army although I know that they were much better last year under their new coaching staff. Navy on the other hand has won a lot of football games in recent years and this upcoming year is going to be one that potentially sees them ranked in the Top 25 in the Preseason for the 1st time in a VERY LONG TIME!!!! Their option attack is very tough. There is a reason that in recent years they have beaten the likes of Notre Dame, Missouri, & Wake Forest + taken programs like Ohio State, Boston College, & Utah to the wire before losing in very close battles.

howdoitknow,with the recent departure of some of last years starters any clue own who will be filling those spots? i know that jock,quarter an i think maybe a couple more are no longer on the team.any idea who may be going to nose since both jock an quarter played there? i also herd there may be some changes on the offensive line. also kind of curious,will potts be staying at running back with montgomery or will white be there,if its white can we expect potts to be at reciever or somewhere else? just one last thing haha i think chipman is coming own great at tight end,just wondering if coach may try bring in some bigger guys on running plays for better blocking,i can remember few years back when we had justin bell he was a great blocker and when he went down field it was automatic catch an run!!!!! :flower:

I am sure that Potts primary role in the offense will be at RB but I certainly would not be suprised to see a package that features him at QB and/or WR. He is a multi-talented player for sure. With Conner emerging at quarterback this spring (and yes he will be a good one for sure) the options certainly increased for Potts. Also don't be shocked to see Weakes playing some RB a lot this upcoming season. He is a solid young player who has a tremendous grasp on the offense and has gained much needed strength in the weight room this off-season. The Cubs also have an incoming freshman, Swett, who will get a look in the offensive backfield as well. I am not sure what type of role, if any at all, he will play this upcoming season but from what I know about the kid he is a PLAYMAKER. D. White is going to start from the opening day of fall camp at MLB. He is a powerful young man for hs age who will strike you. I look for him to be a great one. Playing next to Montgomery, who is a senior, will be invaluable for the young man this upcoming season. Chipman is a good one at tight end & defensive end. He is a fair athlete with good hands and has the ability to run after the catch. Above all else though he is very physical at the point of attack. He is an excellent blocker and his ability to play tight end has allowed the Cubs coaching staff to move Owen back to tackle, remember he had to play tight end during the first half of the season last year. On defense Chipman, along with Glaus, will anchor a line that will be much more mature heading into this season. As you stated earlier Jock is gone. He is out of the equation altogether. I have not heard about Corter at all. He did play some DT last fall. If he is back I look for both he, along with Ismail, to see time at the nose position on the Cubs defensive front. I know the Cubs like to use shorter gus with quickness at that nose position. Truth be told White was the best overall nose on the entire football team last year if you go back and look at the film. He caused extreme chaos last year playing with his hand on the ground. I hope he is as good at linebacker because if he is then the Cubs have found a gem there for sure. Either way though I believe the Cubs have a lot of options to use at the nose position. Chipman, Glaus, Montgomery, White, & Hastings should all be primed to have standout seasons this fall and all of them are guys who are right now expected to be starters in the Cubs front seven defensively. On offense the line will be a strength. I have already mentioned Chipman at tight end and Owen at tackle. Eslick will again be in line to start at center for the Cubs. Bess is a young man who started every game on the Cubs offensive front last season and he played very well. I am sure the coaches are hopeful he can have an all-region caliber year as a senior. The other positions are up for grabs. Gaines started the final seven games at guard this past season. I am sure he will be in the fold. Louallen started this past season as well and he can start again if he plays with more consistency. The Cubs also have a trio, who will be sophomores in the fall, that can step in and play this season. They were all injury plagued this past season but all of them are healthy going into this next season (Fields, Casteel, Littman).

Fall Practice is only 13 weeks away and football season will be here before any of us know it :flower:

man i apprec all the input.well if castell comes back healthy an ihope he does fine young man,i know they were looking at him for center before he got hurt,from all i have herd the eslick kid has came a long way over the winter,an with gaines an glaus playing on def now would that mean eslick would be moved to guard or tackle? or do you think he is better suited for center? i know louallen started at center but really did poorly there,i for one thought him moving from center was a great move,he played so much better after the move!i also herd the hands in the dirt may not be done as much on def this year if thats true then some of the bigger guys who may not crawl so well may be on def line to plug some holes an get after quarterbacks [stewart co] lol he is a really good quarterback but i dont think we hit him one time in that game!!!guess what im saying is that it is my pers opinion that atleast on passing downs we get some meet on the line an get after the quarterback more!!!! :flower:

hey howdoitknow sorry i hav nt replied lately i ve been on vacation. we were discussing the possibility of double disappointment on another thread but after reading your post on this one i thought we would just take it up from here. you mentioned a half a dozen players that were underachievers because they " just were nt football players". and here you name a dozen or so you expect allot out of this year. so here's my point; the underachievers you speak of were 1 sophomore and the rest juniors. now most of the ones you expect to be performers are freshman and an eight grader coming in. so the point im trying to make is that you, and the coaches, had 2 or 3 years to see what those guys could do. so if they were nt football players, why were the expectations so high. and you ve only had 1 year see what the new guys can do, but again high expectations. honestly i hope your right this year, but i was hoping you were right last year also. i guess we will see in 13 weeks!